Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Fujitsubo Stainless Exhaust Install + Video & Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006 | 06:34 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
you're welcome for the reminder haha..

damn.. the fujitsubo is definitely louder and much deeper in tone.. i like it.. but it's not stock sounding (which i think sounds a tad bit better)
HAhah....and yeah, the Fujitsubo is much deeper, but not really that much louder. In fact, to me it sounds quieter and more mellow. Of course, when you rev it and get on it, it will come to life, but just idling, its more discrete than stock. But as Adam has stated, these clips aren't perfect--there is some distortion in sound since it is from a digital camera. These clips I posted should not be used to judge the actual sound since the mic can only pick up certain frequencies. Rather, you can use it as a way to compare the Fujitsubo to the stock exhaust. I made the conditions as similar as possible, and I recorded both at the same time (around 7:30 PM). Plus it's on the same car with no additional mods to distort or skew the sound further. But still, my recording equipment is far from perfect.

I guess the way I look at it, the Fujitsubo pretty much sounds like stock, but deeper. To me, both the Nismo and Fujitsubo sound like stock, but they go in "opposite" directions, if that makes sense. If you have heard of the Nismo exhaust, it is basically a crisper, sharper, louder and more shrill version of the stock. The Fuji, on the other hand, is a smoother, cleaner, and mellow version of stock. Hope that helps!
Old 05-31-2006 | 06:39 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
that is why you can take the sound clips you hear and toss them in the toilet - they are virtually worthless, as it's impossible to make a comparison to other clips, due to different microphones, etc etc.

Having owned the Fuji stainless and now the Fuji ti, both exhausts absolutely keep the stock exhaust tone, but make it far deeper and not nearly as hollow sounding as stock.

For a true representation of the sound, go to Fujitsubo's website - their clip is dead on accurate
I wouldn't call them worthless since I recorded both with the same camera, same time, same garage, no additional mods, same recording distance, same idling time, etc. The only thing different was the dates (2 days apart).

But I do agree with you, it may not be an accurate represention depending on your speakers, etc. Rather, it should be used for comparison purposes only to compare stock to Fujitsubo in identical conditions.
Old 06-07-2006 | 06:33 AM
05-Z

Nice exhaust choice, tips look great with the rear apron too.

OT question, how do you like those plastic ramps you used for the install?

And with the sideskirts, are you able to still access the jack points?
Old 06-07-2006 | 06:41 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by S TWO K
Nice exhaust choice, tips look great with the rear apron too.

OT question, how do you like those plastic ramps you used for the install?

And with the sideskirts, are you able to still access the jack points?
Hey thanks for the compliment. The Takata ramps were pretty helpful. They give an extra 3" of clearance that I would not otherwise have. Once you get the car on the ramps, you can use a hydraulic jack to jack up the car from the differential, and then put the car on on stands. The ramps were kind of expensive though ($60), but I figured I might as well get them since I will need them in the future anyways.