Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

SVRTech 2.5" dual exhaust group buy.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:51 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SVRTech 2.5" dual exhaust group buy.

i will finally finish our 2.5" system tomorrow and will be posting pics and a sound clip of it. i know i am posting abit soon for this, but am very excited about the way it is turning out. there is a ton more room over the 3" dual system and clearance is no longer an issue at all!! we are using aeroturbine mufflers again, but in the 2.5" system they are available with a 4" tip that looks awesome.
the 2.5" system is nearly the exact same design as the 3" system, and includes redesigned front pipe sections (test pipe area) that keep every bend in the system to 30 degrees or less for optimum flow through the entire system. we are still including 2 extra 02 sensor bungs for guys needing wideband and dyno 02 bungs. the X pipe design is still hand made and is identical to the 3" one, only in 2.5".
aeroturbine is quickly becoming one of the best racing mufflers out there being used on many high hp supras in this area to meet track noise restrictions. here is a link for those unfamiliar with aero http://www.aeroexhaust.com/?flash=1 . the 2.5" system will be perfect for those in the 500rwhp and lower, making it the exhaust of choice for s/c, non-built motor turbo, and n/a guys. we again feel this is about the best in exhaust design for the Z/G, and willing to test against other systems available. for those that have heard the 3" system, you know this exhaust is really deep in tone and makes the car sound more like a V-8, we are expecting nothing less from the 2.5" system!!

i will be posting pics and sound clip on my car tomorrow. pricing will go as follows-
$1475 is the set regular price
1-9 orders will purchase at $1300
10+ will get $1250

remember, the exhaust comes with the test pipe section already, so you will not need to purchase those separately. it is complete from the exhaust manifold to the exhaust tip.

Last edited by overZealous1; 06-13-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hmm... i think im interested
Old 06-13-2006, 07:35 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

my basic understanding is that the 2.5" would be for NA and 3" would be for FI to minimize low end torque loss in NA condition. Is that about right for product selection?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:32 PM
plumpzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great exhaust! i already have one coming
Old 06-13-2006, 08:34 PM
overZealous1

this sytem would be great for nearly all the s/c guys, and lower hp turbo guys. the 3" dual should really be left for 500rwhp+, and the 2.5" dual system for everything below that. the s/c's seem to like a little smaller exhaust than the turbo set ups.
i will hopefully be doing a full dyno test (now my car is almost sorted out) on the 3" dual exhaust taking the system apart piece by piece. it should drop in power as the exhaust is pulled off. all the parts we use and the design is designed to make more power than simple straight open pipes.
the 2.5" system will easily compare or beat other top performers for n/a crowd also.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:13 AM
overZealous1

ok, here is some sneak peaks of the exhaust. it is not completely aligned yet, so the tips are not set perfect, but it atleast gives you an idea of what it will look like. it still has not been polished either. i can't get the rest of the parts to finish till tomorrow, so final pics and vid will come then.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i like..waiting for vids, dynos, and more pics
Old 06-14-2006, 12:32 PM
2 low Z

Is there any way the tips can be made to be adjustable and pointed straight back? I believe the 3" system could do this??
Old 06-14-2006, 01:00 PM
overZealous1

yes, we can also mimic the tip style of the 3" system too. so you get both options with the 2.5" system. i actually am liking the looks of the tips above, and i may switch to this style on my 3" system on my own car. it would require cutting off the 2.5" inlet to this muffler and welding on a 3" inlet. the internals are identical on both the 3" and 2.5" mufflers, so performance would not be compromised.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:56 PM
alex12

I would like to see a side-by-side picture comparison of the 3.5" tips vs 4" tips when you can do it. I'm in on this group buy if it lasts long enough- I'm broke at the moment
Old 06-14-2006, 02:03 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by alex12
I would like to see a side-by-side picture comparison of the 3.5" tips vs 4" tips when you can do it. I'm in on this group buy if it lasts long enough- I'm broke at the moment
i already have pics of the from the rear of the 3.5" tips. the 2.5" system will look nearly identical to the 3" system from the rear. will post comparison pics as soon as we get the install aligned and the car back on the ground. also will do some 3/4 rear view shots.
i am planning on holding the gb for about 4-5 weeks. it really is a killer for us to make one or 2 systems at a time, so i may do a gb on the 3" with a lowered price also. it takes roughly a day to make a single system, or 1.5 days to make 7-8, lol.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:33 PM
plumpzz

lol. AHH scott take that off and ship it to me already!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 05:34 PM
overZealous1

just about done bro, lol
Old 06-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

looks great Scott. I would be all over it if I had the money.

John
Old 06-14-2006, 07:59 PM
plumpzz

haha okay. it looks great btw. i like the tips like that. Make a sound clip thats not like really crappy haha. I'll do it once i get the exhaust with a good camera as well
Old 06-15-2006, 08:48 AM
overZealous1

ya i will be using the same camera again. maybe it will come out better this time. maybe the rain will hold off this time.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:07 AM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
looks great Scott. I would be all over it if I had the money.

John

i know you will crack someday john, hahhaa
Old 06-15-2006, 10:46 AM
RNL323
Mod My Ride

I'd like to see a "head to head" with the other custom exhaust that recently was on a group buy, fast intentions "intimidator"

Here's the thread: https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/180725-i-was-the-test-car-and-wow-good-news.html

I've been following that thread and I like the sound, look and reported gains.

Like to see how you guys match up!

I'm either going to purchase a custom like yours or fast intentions or the HKS in the near future so I think it would be great for anyone on the forums in the market for an exhaust other than the usual Nismo, Borla, blah, blah and more so because you're both promoting your exhaust as the best design for gains, sound, etc. Just an idea though... ha ha ha

Can't wait to hear the sound clip! Any dynos?
Old 06-15-2006, 08:12 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by RNL323
I'd like to see a "head to head" with the other custom exhaust that recently was on a group buy, fast intentions "intimidator"

Here's the thread: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180725

I've been following that thread and I like the sound, look and reported gains.

Like to see how you guys match up!

I'm either going to purchase a custom like yours or fast intentions or the HKS in the near future so I think it would be great for anyone on the forums in the market for an exhaust other than the usual Nismo, Borla, blah, blah and more so because you're both promoting your exhaust as the best design for gains, sound, etc. Just an idea though... ha ha ha

Can't wait to hear the sound clip! Any dynos?
i have no doubt in my mind we will at very least match up, lol. our X pipe is handmade and is the best flowing design, and we included the front test pipe area to first, eliminate the sharp bends needed by others to match the stock converter outlet. we just eliminated that joint, so we could run the pipes through that area for best flow. second, we included that section to be a benefit cost wise for customers. it eliminates the need to purchase these separately.
also, the mufflers we are using ARE designed for racing. you don't see any true track cars running hks or greddy or others with the same design (unless you are talking about drifting) most true competitive motorsport classes that have noise restrictions are using burns, or aeroturbine, or flowmaster. aero is being used by many nascar teams and many many other scca classes on tracks with noise restrictions. pretty amazing, as their muffler design is only a year or 2 old. if you click on the link in my first post here, they should list alot of the sponsored cars and race teams using them. you might be surprised to see some winston cup teams using the same muffler, yes, the same EXACT muffler we are using. i'm sure you are aware of all the testing they do, and it it didn't make power, no team would ever even consider using it.
i spent a month figuring out what mufflers to use when i first started, and from years of toying with cars, i already knew the best tubing design. thats why i feel ours IS the best, lol.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:23 PM
overZealous1

i forgot the cam today, but i do have finished pics. i should be able to get the sound clip up on saturday. the sound level is close to our 3" dual system, but does have a little bit different tone, but basically the same. one weird thing though, is the 2.5" system did not hit resonance at around 2500rpm like the 3" system. actually, i had a tough time trying to find a resonance point. i did seem to get a little around 3500-4000rpm, but it was not much of a change anyways and that is not cruising rpm's anyways. there is still no decel popping, just a smooth deep tone. i definately noticed a torque increase on my own car going from the 3" to the 2.5", but again, the 2.5" exhaust should be used for around 450-500rwhp and less. not the level mine is at, that calls for 3" for sure.

here is a pic of the 3" duals from the rear, for a comparison of the different tip styles

Quick Reply: SVRTech 2.5" dual exhaust group buy.