Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Removed Stock Muffler...My Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006 | 06:13 PM
smokedout350z

on the hgihway..if you just cruise...hardly noticable..step on it..u can hear it
Old 10-12-2006 | 09:40 AM
Luscious Luke

Originally Posted by jreiter
This is the part that intrigues me. Around town, I'm okay with loud. At full throttle and when driving hard, I'm okay with loud. When I'm on a long road trip cruising down the freeway, though, loud and droning is most definitely annoying. Are you saying it isn't any louder than stock when cruising at 70? (That'd be very surprising!)
Thats correct, at cruising speeds when you are not under hard load, it is hardly noticable at all. Its the best of both worlds in my opinion. Loud when you want it, and quiet with the popo is behind you.
Old 10-12-2006 | 11:23 AM
SBT

even if you are nailing it, youll notice the loudest sounds come out around the 4000rpm range. its just like the stock exhaust, because, well, it is the stock exhaust.

the sound is relative to load...and chances are if youre driving around town in 6th gear going 40mph, youll load the car to a higher level and more often as well. i don't feel like explaining it, mainly because i know that you know what im talking about.

like i said though, its definitely loudest at 4000-4500 rpm
Old 10-12-2006 | 04:57 PM
napier2

Thumbs up Go for it

Man just do your thing, I will and I dont give a rats A what these people or anyone else thinks if i like it thats all that matters, take there opinions with a grain of salt.
Yea I got a Z big deal if I want to put a cereal box on the hood for a scoop i will and i dont care what you think
Old 10-13-2006 | 09:49 AM
Luscious Luke

Originally Posted by napier2
Man just do your thing, I will and I dont give a rats A what these people or anyone else thinks if i like it thats all that matters, take there opinions with a grain of salt.
Yea I got a Z big deal if I want to put a cereal box on the hood for a scoop i will and i dont care what you think
Huh?
Old 10-13-2006 | 10:46 AM
SBT

a little late, but yeah, thanks for being on the positive side
Old 10-13-2006 | 03:26 PM
jreiter

Originally Posted by SBT
the sound is relative to load...and chances are if youre driving around town in 6th gear going 40mph, youll load the car to a higher level and more often as well. i don't feel like explaining it, mainly because i know that you know what im talking about.
Yeah, I get it. I tend to cruise around town in lower gears anyway, since my lightweight flywheel sounds terrible at low rpms.

I'm just a bit wary of new exhausts since I tend to do a lot of road trips, and some exhausts just drone like crazy right at the RPMs where the Z sits while cruising on the freeway. The Nismo exhaust I had for a while is a good example. Great sounding exhaust, loud when you want it but not terrible. The only problem was that thing filled the cabin with the most terrible drone right at about 75 mph on the freeway while cruising in 6th. Ugh. I've been wanting something a bit louder, but I just wanted to avoid the dreaded freeway drone.

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-13-2006 | 06:07 PM
smokedout350z

"PO FOLK" is the right exhaust for you then
Old 10-14-2006 | 02:37 PM
SBT

Originally Posted by jreiter
Yeah, I get it. I tend to cruise around town in lower gears anyway, since my lightweight flywheel sounds terrible at low rpms.

I'm just a bit wary of new exhausts since I tend to do a lot of road trips, and some exhausts just drone like crazy right at the RPMs where the Z sits while cruising on the freeway. The Nismo exhaust I had for a while is a good example. Great sounding exhaust, loud when you want it but not terrible. The only problem was that thing filled the cabin with the most terrible drone right at about 75 mph on the freeway while cruising in 6th. Ugh. I've been wanting something a bit louder, but I just wanted to avoid the dreaded freeway drone.

Thanks for the info.
while i'm very OK with things being loud or having a little drone, this definitely isn't bad. i take this car everywhere...it's my daily driver. I also take it on business trips somtimes. the only time i remember it getting a little crappy was when i was doing 90 for a good 30 miles straight...but then again, that doesn't happen in most scenarios.

for the price, you might as well try it out.
Old 10-18-2006 | 04:12 PM
hunter6

all I want for Christmas is a PO FOLKS dyno
Old 10-18-2006 | 04:14 PM
smokedout350z

^^^^^^^u can have my po folks nutz if you want them....i really don't need them on my car
hahahah jpin
Old 10-18-2006 | 05:53 PM
hunter6

uhhhhhh...no nutz thanks
Old 10-29-2006 | 03:52 PM
hunter6

dyno?
Old 10-31-2006 | 09:50 AM
Luscious Luke

Here are the numbers guys. In a nut shell, I'm neither impressed nor dissappointed. Since Ted from Scott Performance is no longer there and I was given the opportunity to get my car on a better dyno, I took my old numbers from Scott Performance to the new place and did a pretty decent comparison. Sorry, I didnt have a scanner to scan my slips in but below are the previous numbers and the new number with the Team Po' Folks exhaust.

2006 Base MT (w/ 1573 miles on motor, keep in mind the motor is still pretty tight and not broken in yet and has 20 inch rims on it with the JWT Pop charger.)
287 HP at 6400 RPMs
253 TQ at 4800 RPMs

These are the new Team Po' Folk numbers (w/ 10,017 miles on motor, keep in mind the motor is now broken in and should put out closer to stock rated Nissan manufacturer numbers since the bearings have broken in and are a bit looser than they were at the first dyno pull. Still same setup with 20's and JWT Popcharger and now introducing the Team Po' Folks exhaust.)
298 HP at 6400 RPMs
258 TQ at 4800 RPMs

Ending Summary: Given the fact that I am running with 20 inch rims, The lower than stock numbers are expected. Everyone knows bigger rims reduce your numbers, but thats ok. If you do the math, given the fact that bigger rims reduce your numbers about 10 HP, the combonation of the JWT Popcharger and the Team Po' Folks exhaust has put me over the 300 HP mark that Nissan suggests from the factory. You also have to consider the fact that the motor is now broken in but should still only be around 300 HP. If you do the math and add back the loss for the 20 inch wheels, I am on or around 310 HP.

With this said, the mild gains from this exhaust are just that.....mild. The sound factor however, far outweighs the gain as well as the price. For 100 buxs, you can't go wrong.

What do you think?
Old 10-31-2006 | 01:59 PM
SBT

where did you get those numbers? are they dynapack #s? seem high for whp figures (obviously).
Old 10-31-2006 | 02:33 PM
Luscious Luke

Originally Posted by SBT
where did you get those numbers? are they dynapack #s? seem high for whp figures (obviously).
I asked the same thing simply because the dyno ran off of my wheels. I guess there is something in the computer that takes the drive train and gear ratio into consideration and recalculates for flywheel HP and TQ. Don't ask me how it works, these were just the numbers I saw on the screen and was given on the paper. He very specifically stated that these were flywheel numbers, not WHP.
Old 10-31-2006 | 05:15 PM
smokedout350z

i was about to say...those bettter b flywheel numbers....damm..hmm...probably the exhaust is just a sound factor
Old 10-31-2006 | 06:51 PM
SBT

Originally Posted by smokedout350z
i was about to say...those bettter b flywheel numbers....damm..hmm...probably the exhaust is just a sound factor
most likely...and like i said (if you go back to page 1), i never expected a gain or loss...just a ****ing great sound
Old 11-01-2006 | 08:39 AM
Luscious Luke

Originally Posted by SBT
most likely...and like i said (if you go back to page 1), i never expected a gain or loss...just a ****ing great sound
Werd up Homie. Im neither dissappointed nor impressed, so its all good with me. Im happy.
Old 11-01-2006 | 08:51 AM
smokedout350z

mee toooooooo .......so how many people out there with a Po FOLKS exhaust?

Quick Reply: Removed Stock Muffler...My Thoughts