Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

True dual exhast questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 06:11 AM
aggie05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True dual exhast questions

I have searched the forum with not much luck and not 100% sure on where to post this ? so here goes.

I am wanting to get a true dual set up for my 03 350z. Once my car is lifted up the sway bar in the rear seems to be designed for only one pipe, can 2 fit above the bar or modifications required? Also is an X pipe a good idea for dual set up and whats some recomendations on muffler with duals?

Thanks in advance
~Z owner in need of speed
Old 02-07-2007, 06:51 AM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The true dual exhausts for the Z are designed with the factory sway bar in mind. You will not have to modify anything. IIRC one pipe will go above the sway and one below. At least thats how it is with my Invidia G200 TD exhaust.

This picture will give you a good visual, although it shows my car since I upgraded to progress sways:

Last edited by SpoilsofWar; 02-07-2007 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:55 AM
z-u-later

I have the INJEN SES, which is a true dual exhaust, and I did not have any problems with my after-market sway bars. I also have the Progress Tech sway bars.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by aggie05
I am wanting to get a true dual set up for my 03 350z. Once my car is lifted up the sway bar in the rear seems to be designed for only one pipe, can 2 fit above the bar or modifications required?
Hello,

We have a very popular 2.5" True Dual System and haven't had any installation issues with aftermarket sways so far (ie. stillen, hotchkis). Here is a link for more information:

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5..._Code=350Z_EXH

Hope this helps,
Old 02-08-2007, 08:47 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Depends on what type of anti-sway bar you have in the rear. The OEM bar is designed so the one pipe goes over and one under. Generally with an aftermarket bar, both pipes with fit above the bar.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:54 PM
davidv

Question

What did you order?
Old 04-15-2007, 05:32 AM
davidv

Outstanding choice!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:05 AM
NaNa-Papa-J

I have searched the forum with not much luck and not 100% sure on where to post this ? so here goes.

I am wanting to get a true dual set up for my 03 350z. Once my car is lifted up the sway bar in the rear seems to be designed for only one pipe, can 2 fit above the bar or modifications required? Also is an X pipe a good idea for dual set up and whats some recomendations on muffler with duals?

Thanks in advance
No one answered your X-pipe question....answer: yes, an X-pipe is by far and away the best flow equalizer for an exhaust. H-pipes are pretty darn common because they are much cheaper and less precision is required to fabricate. The problem with H-pipes is that at high exhaust flow (high rpm), the emission/pressure does not have enough time at higher speed (rpm) to equalize across the 90 degree connecting pipe rendering the H-pipe virtually useless...thus you can still suffer from pressure differentials between your cylinders. The X-pipe allows a more consistent flow of the exhaust gases at lower AND higher rpm...thus resulting in higher hp & torque. It's simple fluid mechanics. When exhaust gases pass over the x-pipe, the crossing over effect aids in scavenging the combustion chambers of exhaust gases. This in turn aids in the velocity of the incoming fuel-air mixture, resulting in better performance.

There are some audible differences between the two as well. Hope this helps ya out. Best of luck!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:52 PM
lowrider

Originally Posted by NaNa-Papa-J
No one answered your X-pipe question....answer: yes, an X-pipe is by far and away the best flow equalizer for an exhaust. H-pipes are pretty darn common because they are much cheaper and less precision is required to fabricate. The problem with H-pipes is that at high exhaust flow (high rpm), the emission/pressure does not have enough time at higher speed (rpm) to equalize across the 90 degree connecting pipe rendering the H-pipe virtually useless...thus you can still suffer from pressure differentials between your cylinders. The X-pipe allows a more consistent flow of the exhaust gases at lower AND higher rpm...thus resulting in higher hp & torque. It's simple fluid mechanics. When exhaust gases pass over the x-pipe, the crossing over effect aids in scavenging the combustion chambers of exhaust gases. This in turn aids in the velocity of the incoming fuel-air mixture, resulting in better performance.

There are some audible differences between the two as well. Hope this helps ya out. Best of luck!
He's right, of course, but for ease if installation, I elected to put an "H" on my invidia. It smoothed out the exhaust pulses at idle. My exhaust system consists of Crawford headers and cats, and the Invidia. I have been very pleased with the results.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails True dual exhast questions-h-pipe0.jpg   True dual exhast questions-painted-bumper0.jpg  
Old 04-16-2007, 03:25 PM
wheatz

I just had the Stillen TD Exhaust installed and I already have the Hotchkis sways. There were no problems and the installation required no modifications.

Stillen produces the most HP and Torque of any TD system... FYI.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks in advance

Thanks for wasting everyone's time by never responding to your own thread, after 2 months of inactivity.