Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Do NOT get the Intense Y-Pipe !

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Intense Y-Pipe fitment problems !

Hi! This is by no means is a negative review of Intense Motorsports as a company. I had an excellent experience with the transaction.

This is only a review of their generic y-pipe.

This is the worst exhaust part that I have ever seen. The welds are so bad that it looks like a 5 year old did them with sillyputty and then forgot to clean up.

The fitment is very bad. The total length of this y-pipe is 2 - 3 inches too short, so my resonator rubs against the aluminum heat shield, and all of the hangers are pulled back and stretched.

I got this y-pipe because after I placed my order for a JIC piece, IM called me to inform me that it is sold-out and they are not expecting it in soon. So I asked if they would recommend something comparable to the jic. I was suggested “ their own pipe “ , I have asked if the quality was good and if it had anything to do with the E-bay pipe. I was told that it is very good and has no negative reviews from the customers. So I went for it.
Looking at the packaging it looks very similar the Chinese pipe that is sold on e-bay. For $ 60.

Here are the pix , so judge for yourself.

UPDATE. The pipe is about 1" short, instead of 2-3 like I have stated in the beginning. Also, it looks like it is slightly pulling toward the driver side and up, thus making my resonator rub. It is of the car and the stock pipe is going back in. I will post the rear bumper pix with that installed tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Do NOT get the  Intense Y-Pipe !-img_1175.jpg   Do NOT get the  Intense Y-Pipe !-img_1176.jpg   Do NOT get the  Intense Y-Pipe !-img_1180.jpg   Do NOT get the  Intense Y-Pipe !-img_1186.jpg   Do NOT get the  Intense Y-Pipe !-img_1179.jpg  

Last edited by Tac-M; 11-20-2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: to be more polite to IM
Old 11-20-2007, 04:01 PM
JoeDirtPharmD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I can't comment on the fitment, the exterior welds look appropriate. It appears they could've cleaned up the interior welds with a die grinder, tho?

Call/IM them, and advise them you are unhappy... ?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Tac-M

Yes, i am e-mailig them now

I hope they will be able to help me.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:12 PM
JoeDirtPharmD

They're good people - if you have AIM, Darren [IntenseDarren] is online right now...
Old 11-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Tac-M

Originally Posted by JoeDirtPharmD
They're good people - if you have AIM, Darren [IntenseDarren] is online right now...

I have been a member here for a few years and i have never heard anything negative about IM, but suggesting to a customer who is looking for a JIC this crap, is not cool. As a matter of fact even selling this crap is not cool.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
reptile718

Great and I just bought one a couple of days ago It was used and the seller said fitment and welds where great and looked good from the pics posted. Hope mine is not like this.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Tac-M

here is one more pic installed on the car.
Attached Thumbnails Do NOT get the  Intense Y-Pipe !-img_1191.jpg  
Old 11-20-2007, 05:07 PM
jdemos

I just received and installed mine today. Then fitment of my pipe was great. Welds were decent, a little skimpy in some spots, but for $145 shipped I guess I can't complain as long as it holds up. Car seemed to have a little more umph to it. Even with my test pipes it didnt seem to make it louder. Overall Im pretty satisfied.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Tac-M

what is the rest of your set up? did you notice that it was shorter ? did your's look like mine?
Old 11-20-2007, 05:23 PM
terps

ive seen worst welds, but for a mass prod. product it could def be better
Old 11-20-2007, 07:22 PM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait, you are just now writing them AFTER you've posted here blasting them? I'm getting to believe you are a whiner and there's no pleasing you. This is a $145 Y-pipe? Dude, you got MORE than you paid for. I cannot believe that it's 2-3 inches too short - no fukcing way! If it was, that Amuse b-pipe would never have touched it. I suggest you get your shiite together before going on a public forum and degrading someone's product.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 PM
JisNis

Originally Posted by undrgnd
Wait, you are just now writing them AFTER you've posted here blasting them? I'm getting to believe you are a whiner and there's no pleasing you. This is a $145 Y-pipe? Dude, you got MORE than you paid for. I cannot believe that it's 2-3 inches too short - no fukcing way! If it was, that Amuse b-pipe would never have touched it. I suggest you get your shiite together before going on a public forum and degrading someone's product.

Easy Tiger. Pics speak for themselves.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Tac-M

yea man, wtf... i'm not blasting THEM i'm blasting the fact that i have asked THEM for a good product and got this. once again, THEY called me after I ordedred JIC y-pipe and paid for it. ok?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
undrgnd

Originally Posted by JisNis
Easy Tiger. Pics speak for themselves.
I hear you sport. But when a gallon of gas costs you 3 bucks, $145 for that Y-pipe is golden. If you read some of his other posts you'll see that we tried to convince him to invest in a better Y-pipe to mate with that Amuse. Is it functional? Yes. Will it crack or break? Probably. Did he get what he paid for? YES. Can he get Amuse quality in a Y-pipe for $145? Get real.

Originally Posted by Tac-M
yea man, wtf... i'm not blasting THEM i'm blasting the fact that i have asked THEM for a good product and got this. once again, THEY called me after I ordedred JIC y-pipe and paid for it. ok?
Understood. However, you shouldn't have settled for a cheapo when you knew that the JIC was $400.

Last edited by undrgnd; 11-20-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Tac-M

I hear you sport. But when a gallon of gas costs you 3 bucks, $145 for that Y-pipe is golden. If you read some of his other posts you'll see that we tried to convince him to invest in a better Y-pipe to mate with that Amuse. Is it functional? Yes. Will it crack or break? Probably. Did he get what he paid for? YES. Can he get Amuse quality in a Y-pipe for $145? Get real.

Understood. However, you shouldn't have settled for a cheapo when you knew that the JIC was $400.

this was not nice, so i cleard it....

Last edited by Tac-M; 11-20-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Tac-M

fine .... what - ever
Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 PM
undrgnd

Nitrouz,
Really? Want to explain yourself?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:09 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

I'm not sure why you would buy an Amuse exhaust and then cheap-out on the Y-pipe (I understand that you went for the JIC, but since that wasn't there, there's many good y-pipes out there, like Tanabe's and AAM's for example).

BUT, 2 inches short? That's crap. How the hell does your exhaust even bolt up to it though? N/M... answered my own question.

I think IM's exhaust pieces are made by Top Speed.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Tac-M

Bottom line! If this pipe was made slightly cleaner and was the right length I would have no problem and you would not be reading this.

Since you have read my other post about my amuse-ment you know that I tried an e-bay pipe which was better than this and was half the price. ( it did have it's probles as well, that's why now i have 2 pipes in the trash... )
Old 11-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Tac-M

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
I'm not sure why you would buy an Amuse exhaust and then cheap-out on the Y-pipe (I understand that you went for the JIC, but since that wasn't there, there's many good y-pipes out there, like Tanabe's and AAM's for example).

BUT, 2 inches short? That's crap. How the hell does your exhaust even bolt up to it though? N/M... answered my own question.

I think IM's exhaust pieces are made by Top Speed.
for the last time... i was told over the phone ,by one of the most respectable vendors here, to get this y-pipe, and i said that " i trust you guys " and this is what i got.

What is also puzzling to me that they down-sold instead of up -selling me... that is just not right...

Last edited by Tac-M; 11-20-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Do NOT get the Intense Y-Pipe !