Old 03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by rich2342
Ha ha ha..

So I went to go attempt to put this on with only two ramps.

Taking the oem rear section off with no room is a *****. I get that off and I hadn't looked at the midpipe to compare. The oem did not mate up with the Tanabe...argh.

I was putting it on temporarily because my buddy(with proper tools bailed).

After spending about 2 hours wrestling with the rubber hangers removing the oem, I had to put it back since I didnt have clearance to reach mid-pipe.

I had to laugh..
Wow , jacking the rear of the car is all thats needed. Its only 2 more bolts to remove the mid pipe and yes you have to ryn the tanabe mid pipe. Its kinda part of the y pipe back exhuast that needs to be assembled together.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:51 AM
rich2342

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed the Tanabe (Exhaust only). The cats will be installed later when my Y-pipe arrives.

Let me say this exhaust is just beautiful. It grabs attention no doubt.

It is a good bit louder over stock when on it down low. It sounds almost like a harmonious trumpet going through the gears(if that makes any sense).

It does have a somewhat F&F tone to it. But I love it none the less.

I can only imagine how much louder it will be when i add Berk HFC's and the HR-Y-PIPE. hmmmm

side note:

an offduty cop(friend of buddy) was at my buddies shop. The first words out of his mouth "who's cop magnet is that"

Great!
Old 03-19-2010, 09:59 AM
rich2342

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Update: Installed..

Holy Crap! this is loud for a set up that is suppossed to be on the quiet side..

The Berks defininately increased the volume/sound level. I think i need a tune badly though as she doesn't pull as well on the highway.

Tune on Monday btw..
Old 09-19-2010, 06:27 PM
srsairbags

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rich2342
Update: Installed..

Holy Crap! this is loud for a set up that is suppossed to be on the quiet side..

The Berks defininately increased the volume/sound level. I think i need a tune badly though as she doesn't pull as well on the highway.

Tune on Monday btw..
can you post an vid of your setup ? i have berks on a 07 z . . . i also wanted something quiet . . is your setup obnoxiously loud ?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Nismo1534

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srsairbags
can you post an vid of your setup ? i have berks on a 07 z . . . i also wanted something quiet . . is your setup obnoxiously loud ?
Here's another quiet option - Fujitsubo Legalis-R. If you are going for quiet and have HFCs or Test pipes, definitely start off with something very quiet. Removing the stock cats will make any exhaust louder.

Here's mine with stock cats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFj5x...layer_embedded

And here is one with test pipes (excuse the rasp, not mine - just an example)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZVgn8Ou4w
Old 09-19-2010, 10:26 PM
hellsoldiers08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i can say from having fast intensions resonated TP+ MotorDyne XYZ pipe with resonator and the tanabe medallion touring cat back. Been driving on it sense 2008. Great setup nice and clean almost no rasp and like another member same can be loud when needed but still cruise at 70 and almost no drone. of course i got the system going a lot so i never hear the drone lol. One thing i could say i wouldnt mind something louder and wonder sense it rated at 93dbs. Could it effect numbers?? They used a different packing then other companies used. Im thinking it wouldnt hurt flow to make the exhaust quieter.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:03 AM
srsairbags

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1534, your car sounds and looks sweet . . . i love the legalis r, but its kinda pricey for y pipe back exhaust considering the other cat back options like nismo being around 1k , and also the tanabe touring medallion+ichiba y pipe as under 1k . . .