Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=tylerxfire;8246835]
Originally Posted by Arnold K.
As all the dynos show so far, ARTs gain 10WHP over test pipes or HFCs.QUOTE]

I totally understand what he is saying and im still not sold on them as i have not seen a comparison to test pipes..where have u seen a comparison from test pipes to art pipes? maybe i missed it somewhere
You didn't miss them. I'm still waiting on them too. Another set was sent out recently for a test pipe comparison.
Most of the people ordering them currently have aftermarket cats.

I think part of the attraction of the people with aftermarket cats is the option to gain more power without the super loudness of regular test pipes.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:48 AM
nismo_pinoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well for my 06 Z i have stock cats.. on monday ill be calling motordyne to order the 5/16 spacer along with the MREV2.... and of coarse the ART PIPE....plus my HKS EXAUST is on the way....... again my car is stock for now so after all these are installed... wonder how much power ill gain
Old 03-26-2010, 05:25 AM
rich2342

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Yes, if you already have a good tune with all your other mods and then install the ART pipes, it won't affect the A/F all that much.

Of course it would be better with a new tune, but it is not necessary if your engine is already running healthy.

Its when your car is already running lean that adding breather mods can show less gains.

I've seen many times how a well tuned engine Vs a poorly tuned take to mods. Its predominantly the lean engines that don't do well with NA mods.
In your testing were the vehicles tuned after the swap(tp --> ART pipe) and is that a factor in the gains?

In other words ART pipes 9-10 whp over tp's and with tune +/- 3-4 whp Maybe???
Old 03-26-2010, 06:05 AM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rich2342
In your testing were the vehicles tuned after the swap(tp --> ART pipe) and is that a factor in the gains?

wait...an additional 9rwhp over test pipes gains?? then with a tune a possible 3-4 extra?? cant be that good....patiently waiting
Old 03-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by rich2342

No. No re-tune was done on the dynos I posted. The Z was tuned prior to baseline.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:24 AM
rich2342

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Ok, so we can't yet conclude what they will make + a tune over tp's and tune...

Still very impressive untuned making those gains.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:37 AM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by tylerxfire

I totally understand what he is saying and im still not sold on them as i have not seen a comparison to test pipes..where have u seen a comparison from test pipes to art pipes? maybe i missed it somewhere
You're right, there aren't any. I thought there were. But, considering TPs and HFCs dyno almost the same amount of power (maybe 2-3HP diff.)...I doubt there'll be that much of a difference between the dynos we get now. I'm certain that the ART Pipes will still dyno the same torque levels (~20WTQ) and power (~10WHP).
Old 03-26-2010, 09:58 AM
tylerxfire

You're right, there aren't any. I thought there were. But, considering TPs and HFCs dyno almost the same amount of power (maybe 2-3HP diff.)...I doubt there'll be that much of a difference between the dynos we get now. I'm certain that the ART Pipes will still dyno the same torque levels (~20WTQ) and power (~10WHP).
thats where i beleive u are confused...i had berk high flow cats with my setup and changed to berk test pipes and without tuning i gained 9whp and around 10tq all before tuning and before the motordyne xyz pipe was put on..I am not saying these are not great i just want to see a comparison to test pipes, i am not concerned with changing the sound of my vehicle so that does nothing for me..I am concerned with the power difference from art pipes to test pipes and patiently waiting...

Last edited by tylerxfire; 03-26-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:00 AM
SniperHunter

Did you put those test pipes on NA or FI? I've never seen anyone re-dyno going from HFCs to TPs and get almost 10WHP.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:08 AM
tylerxfire

Did you put those test pipes on NA or FI? I've never seen anyone re-dyno going from HFCs to TPs and get almost 10WHP.
with my vortech , but my point is that it was with zero tuning and on the same tune as the high flow cats were on..I expect the art pipes to make more power than normal test pipes but if its just a few hp then i dont see it worth it to me, but for someone who has high flows or stock cats then i can understand..guess we will have to wait to see results compared to test pipes..

im really waiting for results that someone supercharged will have with them but dont see that happening and im not gonna be first, lol..

Last edited by tylerxfire; 03-26-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:13 AM
gabez33

hopefully a non polished cheaper alternative is in the work, i want these. the shine of my xyz pipe is 100% gone so i dont care for pretty here
Old 03-26-2010, 11:17 AM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
with my vortech , but my point is that it was with zero tuning and on the same tune as the high flow cats were on..I expect the art pipes to make more power than normal test pipes but if its just a few hp then i dont see it worth it to me, but for someone who has high flows or stock cats then i can understand..guess we will have to wait to see results compared to test pipes..

im really waiting for results that someone supercharged will have with them but dont see that happening and im not gonna be first, lol..
Well, since you're FI and your experiences in switching were while you were FI already, you need to hold out on someone like you does the same thing and swaps from TPs to ARTs. Right now, you're looking at apples and oranges.

For NA application, this will yield different results over HFCs or TPs, vs. FI results.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Tylerxfire,

Would you like to do a pre/post comparison against test pipes? If you have FI that would make a good data point.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:44 PM
tylerxfire

Well, since you're FI and your experiences in switching were while you were FI already, you need to hold out on someone like you does the same thing and swaps from TPs to ARTs. Right now, you're looking at apples and oranges.

For NA application, this will yield different results over HFCs or TPs, vs. FI results.
an n/a comparison will be ok as it will show what the gains are from tp's to art pipes to at least get a better idea...
Old 03-26-2010, 12:52 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Tylerxfire,

Would you like to do a pre/post comparison against test pipes? If you have FI that would make a good data point.
I would absolutely love to as the art pipes would make a good mate to my xyz that i love but are they a complimentary set to test ...

It isnt convenient for me to get on a dyno thats why i am waiting for someone to test them who at least already has test pipes either n/a or F/I but F/I would be better so please do let me know if anyone comes thru and tests them..My tuner and dyno is 4 and half hours from me I dont even have a local dyno to get on and compare the numbers without tuning..If or when i do the art pipes i want to know they are tested and proven and know what to expect and i will be tuning for them when they are installed
Old 03-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Yeah, I hear you.

A whole lot have gone out for testing but still nothing. ...Anybody else who can do a test pipe comparison?
Old 03-26-2010, 03:28 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I'd love to test these out and do a comparison against my non-resonated test pipes, with or without nitrous but I just don't have the funds at the moment. I'm still waiting patiently for the test pipe comparisons, though.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Let me know when you are ready.

-

Who wants to do a test pipe comparison?!?
Old 03-27-2010, 03:11 AM
kramykram

lol when you are ready for a hr comparison let me know. give me a week notice so i can take some vacation time to drive to forged. ill swap it all in the parking lot on jackstands no need to pay someone so much for something so easy to change =D. ill even order a set of test pipes to do the comparison between all 3. stock cats, test pipes, and art pipes.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:41 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

^Will do!

Quick Reply: Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART pipes)