Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART pipes)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 AM
tsar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait for the HR version <3 Motordyne!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:53 PM
procustomize

HR people are only on the bench watching you guys throw crazy numbers around. We want to join the game!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:25 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by rich2342
Damn, too bad. There is nothing in New york?

You could have baselined with the current set-up and swapped out to the ART pipes for comparison sake.
There is a few spots, like Jiggy mentioned. But I wouldn't even have the time to get a run in before install. I get the ART Pipes on Friday, and installing them first thing on Saturday because I sold my HFCs and they need to come off ASAP.

There's one in Maspeth and one in Jamaica. Both about 4 miles from me. And both in sh*t neighborhoods with some of the most beat up roads you can imagine.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:06 AM
rich2342

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well,

guess we'll have to settle for the but dyno review.. lol
Old 03-31-2010, 05:08 AM
SniperHunter

Lucky for you guys, my butt dyno is superbly calibrated.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:40 AM
screener
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kind of gauge do you use for your butt, about 8". Seriously get a room guys, then go dyno your 350z Arnold. Got to do something with all those mods, someday. If I remember correctly you never even been to a dragstrip with the 350z, right?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:23 AM
SniperHunter

Eh, I mod because it makes the car feel, drive and sound nicer. Not looking to achieve numbers or anything. But this thread isn't about me.

Last edited by SniperHunter; 03-31-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:14 AM
SniperHunter

Got my ART Pipes today! Getting impatient so I might do the install today too! Wooo, can't wait.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:20 AM
onagao

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Got my ART Pipes today! Getting impatient so I might do the install today too! Wooo, can't wait.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 AM
SniperHunter

Looks like today it is! Gonna get them installed @ 4:30.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:31 PM
sfearl1

^^ awesome let us know your initial thoughts!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:15 PM
rich2342

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Looks like today it is! Gonna get them installed @ 4:30.

Butt dyno results?
Old 04-02-2010, 08:44 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by rich2342
Butt dyno results?
First impressions: awesome. Typing on iPhone now. Took a break from driving.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:07 PM
SniperHunter

Man, I have to say this is an impressive piece. The car feels pretty ridiculous. I honestly thought that after my tune, that was the end of the line, but this totally proved me wrong. I'll have a full thread up sometime tomorrow. I'm off to sleep now. Had too much fun driving the car around.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Frostydc4

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Question

Tony, when designing the HR ART pipes will you be able to construct it in such a way that us HR owners will be able to use it w/o getting a CEL (maybe by lengthening the secondary O2 sensor mount or by any other tricks you have up your sleeve)? I dont want to stuff the secondary O2 sensor mount to avoid getting a CEL. That would be a really big help
Old 04-03-2010, 06:07 PM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Review: ART PIPE vs Crawford HFC with Vortech

Ok my turn <b>This is the first ART pipe review from an FI prespective...</b>

When I was completing my new built engine build with my Vortech, I was looking for the maximum hp gains I could get without getting louder or raspy.

My original setup was with Crawford HFC's, but I was looking for more gains without losing low end power and without crazy loudness and the raspiness of standard test pipes. When I heard of the initial reviews of the ART pipes, and knowing the great quality of Tony's products (I am an MREV2 user and believer!) I jumped at the opportunity to run the ART pipes with my setup, particularly since I had a tuning sessions upcoming for my new build.

The results are exactly as I expected and more...the ART pipes had no rasp during tuning and WOT revving, and definitely sounder meaner than the Crawfords, but not much louder at all, that's great considering the Crawfords are probably the quietest of the HFC's; really hard to describe but see the videos below:

<b>My original setup was with Crawford Cats, and Amuse Exhaust</b>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2xFLOJMnI8

<b>My new setup with ART Pipes and Amuse Exhaust</b>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIhIMGi2-JE

<b>ART Pipes from the rear (Rattle you hear at the start is from the tuning sensor on the tailpipe)</b>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMAgqOuMNmQ

It just sounded awesome with the Amuse! And Vortech setups are loud, particularly since there are no turbos muffling the sound. I would have posted the dynos too, but the gains I got were mostly from the built engine and setup changes, so that won't give any pertinent information in regards to the ART pipes.

Bottom line, I am more than happy with my ART pipes and it was worth the money for me; I probably would have preferred to get the unpolished version and save a little bit of money, but I didn't want to delay the completion of my build; I am still very happy with my purchase.

Last edited by 350z006; 04-03-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Frosty,

These are designed to the hilt for avoiding a CEL. If a CEL comes on it will be rare. And my guess is, if it does come on, it will more likely be from an exhaust leak at the header/ART pipe interface. But this will give a different kind of code. If the CEL actually comes on because the sensor actually can sniff out the extra unburned HC's its going to be few and far between.

But the HR engines are reportedly more sensitive to test pipes so lets see what happens once the HR version comes out.

My fabricator is currently in the process of moving to a larger facility, hence the delay in getting the HR ART pipes out. But he should be settled into the new facility soon and the HR/VHR is first on the list.

EDIT: If anybody gets a CEL after the ART pipe install please let me know. I want to know if you get a CEL and what the code is. I really cranked up the CEL resistance on these and would like to know how they react in the field. Thank you!

Last edited by Hydrazine; 04-03-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:24 PM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350z006
Ok my turn <b>This is the first ART pipe review from an FI prespective...</b>

When I was completing my new built engine build with my Vortech, I was looking for the maximum hp gains I could get without getting louder or raspy.

My original setup was with Crawford HFC's, but I was looking for more gains without losing low end power and without crazy loudness and the raspiness of standard test pipes. When I heard of the initial reviews of the ART pipes, and knowing the great quality of Tony's products (I am an MREV2 user and believer!) I jumped at the opportunity to run the ART pipes with my setup, particularly since I had a tuning sessions upcoming for my new build.

The results are exactly as I expected and more...the ART pipes had no rasp during tuning and WOT revving, and definitely sounder meaner than the Crawfords, but not much louder at all, that's great considering the Crawfords are probably the quietest of the HFC's; really hard to describe but see the videos below:

<b>My original setup was with Crawford Cats, and Amuse Exhaust</b>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2xFLOJMnI8

<b>My new setup with ART Pipes and Amuse Exhaust</b>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIhIMGi2-JE

<b>ART Pipes from the rear (Rattle you hear at the start is from the tuning sensor on the tailpipe)</b>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMAgqOuMNmQ

It just sounded awesome with the Amuse! And Vortech setups are loud, particularly since there are no turbos muffling the sound. I would have posted the dynos too, but the gains I got were mostly from the built engine and setup changes, so that won't give any pertinent information in regards to the ART pipes.

Bottom line, I am more than happy with my ART pipes and it was worth the money for me; I probably would have preferred to get the unpolished version and save a little bit of money, but I didn't want to delay the completion of my build; I am still very happy with my purchase.
What were your numbers anyway? Did Shawn have that big super fan in front of your car? Sounds good.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:40 PM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I will post my numbers in the FI section, probably in my cog belt thread...yes he did have the superfans, lol...

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
What were your numbers anyway? Did Shawn have that big super fan in front of your car? Sounds good.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:50 PM
SniperHunter

Tony, is the "wooooosh" sound normal under acceleration at 3-4K RPM? Is that just the exhaust gasses passing without restriction?

Quick Reply: Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART pipes)