Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Has anyone combined Fujitsubo Exhaust + Motordyne XYZ Pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Nismo1534

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I've owned a few exhausts but the Fujitsubo Super Ti was by far my favorite in terms of looks and sound. It yielded modest gains overall, too.

The exhaust tone was noticeably lower at idle and was as quiet as stock. At cruising speeds, there was a distinct tone that was music to my ears (imho). When you open it up, the calming note changes to an aggressive one in a hurry.

I sold mine a while back, though..

Anyway, with the XYZ pipe from Motordyne, this will sound amazing! You should get the ART pipes too, while you're at it. That's what I'd do if I were to get another exhaust (non-true duals).
Well, aren't you a baller - wish I had that kind of cash. As I mentioned in a post above that is exactly what I just bought: Legalis-R, resonated XYZ, ART pipes. Should sound great!
Old 08-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Nismo1534

For more info, see:

https://my350z.com/forum/nismo-350z/...the-nismo.html
Old 10-06-2011, 07:49 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I'll resurrect this thread...

I have a 2006 Z with JIC y-pipe and fujitsubo legalis-R exhaust. I love it but want it to be a bit louder. How will the sound be affected if I replace the resonated midpipe with a non-resonated one? Has anyone done this and can post a sound clip?
Old 10-07-2011, 04:13 AM
08panna

I dont have a sound clip but I used to have stock cats and my resonator taken out with my legalis-r. You are going to have to take my word on it like I did to a guy that did the same thing: Do it! It sounds amazing. I have the same set up right now except for now I have resonated test pipes. Both set ups sounded great.

Taking out the resonator will make it louder, but not ungodly loud. It made it sound how the exhaust should have been made. Loud on WOT and very quiet on cruise. Even with my test pipes and no resonator right now, you can barely hear the exhaust at 72mph on the highway. I highly recommend you get it done. You wont regret it
Old 10-07-2011, 05:16 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by 08panna
I dont have a sound clip but I used to have stock cats and my resonator taken out with my legalis-r. You are going to have to take my word on it like I did to a guy that did the same thing: Do it! It sounds amazing. I have the same set up right now except for now I have resonated test pipes. Both set ups sounded great.

Taking out the resonator will make it louder, but not ungodly loud. It made it sound how the exhaust should have been made. Loud on WOT and very quiet on cruise. Even with my test pipes and no resonator right now, you can barely hear the exhaust at 72mph on the highway. I highly recommend you get it done. You wont regret it
Did you have a new pipe made up, or did you hack up the Fujitsubo pipe? And in that case, do you know what diameter and gauge of stainless tubing is required to match up with the existing midpipe in place of the resonator?

Also, does it change the tone of the Legalis-R, or does it just make it louder? I don't want to lose that "super deep OEM" tone that the Fujitsbuo has

Last edited by sry110; 10-07-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:39 PM
08panna

I actually bought the exhaust with the midpipe hacked already. my buddy has the resonator in his fuji. Im not sure what diameter the pipe is.

the tone was still deep. It might be a bit higher pitched in the high RPM's but its still pretty deep down low, even without cats right now. I know its a big decision to hack up a rare exhaust, but its worth it. But if you dont want to do that, I would suggest picking up an aftermarket 3" midpipe in the marketplace, instead of hacking up a smaller stock one. If you are going to modify the fuji, make sure you replace the resonator with a stainless steel pipe since the fuji is SS
Old 10-09-2011, 05:49 AM
sry110

^ cool thanks for the info. I definitely have my reservations on hacking up the Fuji midpipe. Especially since I had a local performance shop quote me 5 hours of labor to remove midpipe, hack out resonator, weld in straight piece and reinstall....at $105/hr. F- that! I'll buy a whole new exhaust for a couple hundred more haha
Old 10-09-2011, 05:54 PM
08panna

Originally Posted by sry110
^ cool thanks for the info. I definitely have my reservations on hacking up the Fuji midpipe. Especially since I had a local performance shop quote me 5 hours of labor to remove midpipe, hack out resonator, weld in straight piece and reinstall....at $105/hr. F- that! I'll buy a whole new exhaust for a couple hundred more haha
Thats way overpriced. It should be a real quick fab. Try a muffler shop like Midas or something. I personally would weld it myself because I have access to a lift, you would want to tack it on the car to make sure of a good fit and then finish weld it off the car. But either way, let me know what you end up doing and good luck!
Old 12-27-2011, 05:46 PM
rich2342

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

bump for sound clips. Im considering something deeper than my tanabe. want to see some with art pipes + xyz etc..
Old 01-12-2012, 11:49 AM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Generally, removing the mid pipe resonator will add rasp, it's the rear muffler that changes the volume. That is for the stock system, i can't imagine the Fujitsubo is that much different, it's the same tech with altered bends/muffling.

Test pipe fitting will add rasp to a degree as the cats act a little like the center resonator, so muffled test pipes are better.

Moving the cats (hi flow or not) away from the engine helps with power, so the XYZ with cat is a good choice if you want to retain cats.

Don't underestimate what fitting ART pipes with the XYZ will do to the stock system, flow on that rear section is supposed to be good up to nearly 400BHP.