Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

PPE Longtube Headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Jaxter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tougelabs
Sorry for that quick reply 350 with out fact to back up my statement. A true dual 3" on a naturally aspirated 350/370 will not make useful power gains over a 2.5" true dual. The 3" dual may make more power but it's so far up in rpm "power band" it's not worth it unless your a top speed type driver. I know all of our guys with the 370's and G37's saw the best result on the track running a single 3".
The Fujitsubo is a 3" single. Here is a picture of it next to the stocker.

Name:  703f0482.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  127.7 KB
Name:  b2344900.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  129.5 KB
Old 06-15-2012, 10:50 AM
doshoru

Touge -- I sent you a PM with my details, but not sure if you got it.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
jarrodh77

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just sent you a PM. I'm in!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:06 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

awaiting total price for shipping to hawaii so I can send my money...

also how much is the price difference in stepped vs non-stepped

BUMP
Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Jaxter

I need some confirmation because I'm slow....I read the discussion from the G35 forum, and from what I gather:

Stepped tubes = bigger on top end, chance of losing moderate power below 4000 RPMs, good for cammed power. Highly modified Zs.

Non-Stepped tubes = no loss of low-mid RPM HP/TQ, slightly less power up top than Stepped, good for a Daily Driver who spends 99% of the time below 6000 RPMs. Lightly modified, bolt-on Zs.

If this is wrong, let me know and I'll correct or erase as needed.

If its right, or even close, I will be much happier with the Non-Stepped version.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:20 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

that's what I actually PM him about (non-stepped) seeing the difference is marginal.

Also the exhaust note this piece is going to give my (maybe your car) car is crazy!

Main reason I'm doing this mod...so hypnotic!
Old 06-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as PPE is keeping the 2nd design they gave dsskyline, non-stepped + reducer at merge, I'll be satisfied.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Tougelabs

Hopefully by Monday I will have a zip code for everyone and I will make a call to the guys and get back to everyone accordingly.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:29 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A lot of validity to these claims went out with the window to me when he claims a 3" exhaust is causing a power loss. I look forward to seeing peoples dynos and driving impressions.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:33 PM
mgrotel

when is the final day to get in on this again?
Old 06-16-2012, 04:08 AM
rich2342

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Alright guys, so are each going to see an independant review with dynos on these?
Old 06-16-2012, 05:17 AM
juicinjake

for being almost identical to the sgm headers, you guys sure are skeptical . take pretty much any car from a honda to a v8 musclecar and longtube headers make power. there are half a dozen dynos in this thread alone that prove it. its not really a question of do they work or not. you have three driver reviews on these headers already, and everyone was satisfied; everyone was faster. there is also undeniable proof that they are an improvement over any existing header and test pipe combination that you can put together... because the momentum headers and art pipes are the best of that bunch, and they got outperformed, plain and simple. ive had enough cars and different kinds of headers to know longtubes are where its at. if it wasnt, sgm would have made some kickass shorties a long time ago. since u cant get those anymore, these are a kickass alternative. there is so much skepticism amongst the g/z crowd in relation to anything header related in general that it shocks me. you dont see that anywhere else. i think the question for the doubters is, am i going to feel like i wasted my money or not for 15whp where it counts? i cant answer that for you. if you want the best thing you can get, this is it, buy some now because they arent ever going to be any cheaper. ive seen and read all the stuff on here and other forums about small top end gains from shorties and how they arent worth it. thats great. ive seen enough data on these headers to know they work. ive seen insides of the restrictive stock manifolds. ive also read every case as to why anyone posting in this thread doesnt think they will work and no one has made a convincing enough case for me to wanna pull back off the list
Old 06-16-2012, 05:22 AM
juicinjake

Originally Posted by rich2342
Alright guys, so are each going to see an independant review with dynos on these?
ill dyno mine but i have no baseline. im installing all my stuff myself and heading to austin to get tuned at uprev later this summer. then at the very least you will see numbers on a full bolt on revup car
Old 06-16-2012, 06:49 AM
denchan350gt

Originally Posted by juicinjake
ill dyno mine but i have no baseline. im installing all my stuff myself and heading to austin to get tuned at uprev later this summer. then at the very least you will see numbers on a full bolt on revup car
I hear you on the doubters due to headers in the past not making much.

I knew when I had the 1st ever set that I would like them due to the increased midrange.

The only thing I didn't like was the lowend loss with negated my gains.

Well to prove it wasnt my car or exhaust (which I changed out to do the reducer test). The car was ran on CIN's dyno (mustang), and RT tuning (dynojet) and both had the drop and both shops said it was the headers.

I even called Tony from MD and he said it was the headers also if nothing else was changed which it wasn't.

Well PPE changed to design to a now proven product due to all these tests.

The only other LTH Megan will tell you it is what it is with no change in design.

People put those on their car with no dyno proof.

Also you have 3 reviews on 3 different cars.

Street car/occasional drag racer (me) I have over 500 passes in my car.

Drifter (512z)

Street car (tougelabs)

I pretty sure especially myself and 512z know if we are down or up on power either lowend, midrange, or topend. I felt the lowend drop and PPE fixed the issue.

Last edited by denchan350gt; 06-16-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:58 AM
denchan350gt

Originally Posted by juicinjake
Do you have a dynojet in your area to do 3 pulls for a baseline before the headers? So YOU know your actual gains if possible before your tune at uprev?

Same dyno is good but becomes expensive, but same type is good also as long as it's calibrated right.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Tougelabs

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
A lot of validity to these claims went out with the window to me when he claims a 3" exhaust is causing a power loss. I look forward to seeing peoples dynos and driving impressions.
Validity of my claims ? My claims are proven buddy ! If you would like to challenge my knowledge base feel free to back it up. I was quick to state that 3" because I thought that exhaust was a true dual. Please tell me now that a true dual 3" will make power gains
Old 06-16-2012, 08:54 AM
cyc5181

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

PM sent, my car mostly sees HPDE/autox, so I would think the non-stepped is a better fit for me?
Old 06-16-2012, 09:16 AM
mgrotel

when is the last day to get in on this gb?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Tougelabs

Exclamation

I would like to be able to finalize the order Monday. Please send me your zip code and motor stepped/non-stepped and I will get you a quote. I'm almost certain some people will bail out last minute so I'm happy to keep taking people on right now.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:27 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tougelabs
Validity of my claims ? My claims are proven buddy ! If you would like to challenge my knowledge base feel free to back it up. I was quick to state that 3" because I thought that exhaust was a true dual. Please tell me now that a true dual 3" will make power gains
Seeing a stock HR on a dyno isnt proven gains over stock header/tp's. You changed your tune to true dual after. The guy was talking about the fujitsubo catback. Don't get butthurt because I didn't jump on the newest VQ omg awesome powermaker. All I said was i require more results for MY purchase. If its proven I'll buy them. If your knowledge base was so vast how did you not know about one of the oldest and most known exhausts for the Z.

Quick Reply: PPE Longtube Headers