Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently
View Poll Results: Has your VERSION 3 Kinetix Plenum cracked?
Yes
20.00%
No
80.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Kinetix Cracking Poll (Revised, V3 Only)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 11:05 PM
FairladyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: secret plans

Originally posted by N74DV
word is out that there is another version on the horizon.

from Lor

----------------------------------------------

i make this draw of specail plans. much secret and draw with rare pen. i make this plennuhm so big. biggers things on 350z cars makes more powers. so this plennuhm is much large. has statchoo man thing on top. this man is happy to be on plennuhm. this man thing is make much power on plennuhm. this man thing holds on to inside of hood and keep plennuhm fom making flexing. he keep this plennuhm very much stiff.

i also make this plennum to have super big hole for more air is flow. maybe this secret plennuhm makes extra horsepowers so much that is goes very fast on road.

i only makes one vershun. my vershun 1 is much secret and perfect so not makes more vershuns. but maybe instead of man thing on top i puts a woman thing instead. this be vershun 2 i guess.

i have go now to make more plans for secret horspowers parts for car.

maybe you buy this draw for $15?

-------------------------------------------
Will I still be able to use the factory brace?
Old 05-16-2004, 11:40 PM
mgl

mine cracked. i think i have a version3 as i just got it a few days ago. but the crack is the least of my problems. i already emailed and pm'd kinetix, so hopefully they will help me.

Last edited by mgl; 05-16-2004 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

The long term test and force induction test is what I am not sure about. I originally bought the first production Kinetix plenum, I followed the instruction and was very careful, but it cracked.. returned it, got version 2, not more than a week, cracked. I got fed up of installing, and uninstalling, and decided I don't want the mod anymore with all these uncertainty and trouble it has been. Kinetix has been very helpful, and even refunded my money.

Now that I have been without the plenum, I have an itch to buy one again very soon.. Just not sure if it will be Kinetix or not..
Old 05-17-2004, 08:17 AM
exploder

I have version 3, I have been spraying 100 shot for the last 3 weeks... no cracks here.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:46 AM
SungNamZ

I am getting ready to install FI. Have V1 on my "Z" with no problems! However, with FI going on Kinetix exchanged V1 for V3. "Z" is in the body shop, so V3 was not going on until Monday or Tuesday. After reading "Z1 Performance" post on "cracked", I since Kinetix/jamisonl and e-mail.

He responded saying "Z1 Performance" had V2. So, V3 is going on followed by Vortech SC.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:02 PM
UsafaRice

Now, I don't have a Kinetix plenum yet, but it's moving up the mod list at the moment. I was just wondering, are these things poured, injection molded or what? Could someone lay a sheet of fiberglass or nylon or whatever in the mold as they are made so that they don't crack?

Don't know if that would help or anything, but I do know you use resin + glass with body work for strength vs just resin for filler.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:23 AM
manrey

Originally posted by CaneZMD
Big show, try my fix, It costs like $1.
All I did was purchase 16 washers at Home depot. I put 2 under each strut bar mount, This raises the bar mount by about 1/8-3/16 of an inch. This gives ample clearance to the bar and plenum. after words, I closed the hood. (I didn't drop it, I gently closed it to the catch, then pressed it down the rest of the way until it was closed) It fits fine, no bending of the hood at all. If you look inside the hood, there are pads on the inside that sit against the strut bar anyway, you are just compressing them a little more. Give my $1 fix a chance before you drop $200.

I also agree, about not using the rear bolts on the engine cover, it fits snug with no vibration w/o the rear bolts.
you just defeated the purpose of the strut bar. It would do you better to just remove it.

Duh you didnt think of adjusting it right? Why did you just cut the engine mounts instead?
Old 05-19-2004, 10:49 AM
lanzzor

Just got my v3 and it is a much better design than V2. I like how it uses aluminum post instead of the plastic ones. Also the inserts on the bolt holes are much better.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Zzzow!

Kinetix got me my V3 after my V2 cracked in time for my driving school at Brainerd Int. Raceway and I installed on Sat. and after 2 days and many runs up to 135, no cracks. Thanks Jamison!
Old 05-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

mine cracked at the 2 center mounting holes....had been fine for about a month and around 4k miles, but happened to peak at it the other day and nopticed the harilines. Car idled fine, drove fine, but I put the stock one back on this past weekend.

I got a chance to see a V3 at our local Saturday night Z meet the same night mine cracked (this past weekend), and it is much much beefier, particularly in the center where mine cracked.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:56 PM
SungNamZ

Knowing that yours was a V2 that cracked and now that you have seen the V3, do you have intentions of contacting Kinetix and getting / installing a V3?