Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Which is the best exhaust system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im sorry... Before tuning it made high 360 or low 370... after tuning it was above 380...

not my dyno sheets i havent had them infront of me to get the number burried into my skull...
Old 05-23-2004, 07:06 PM
little_rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
Superchargers react entirely differently than turbos do on exhaust systems, exhaust pulses, etc... each have different needs, and react VERY differently to systems.
Interesting comment, of course we know that turbos don't like backpressure, but this situation is less clear for an SC. Freer flowing exhausts lead to less backpressure, but that is not always good. By the time you replace y-pipes and such, you just as well get a new exhaust though. No way to get out of spending alot of money, lol, but I believe I would rather replace the cats than the exhaust.

Last edited by little_rod; 05-23-2004 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:29 AM
bwzabodyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, I keep going back and forth on what to do on my car regaring the exhaust - here is my situation...

I am wanting to be as cost-conscience as possible (building a house right now) but I want a full system from the test pipes back... these are all the mods that I will eventually have by the end of the summer:

Pro-1 Intake
Custom Grounding Kit
Kinetix V3 Plenum
UR Crank Pulley
Helix Test Pipes

I would like to implement whatever exhaust combination that will yield the most power on an N/A car w/ these mods while canceling out the raspiness of the exhaust... the main question I have is: do I go w/ a true-dual setup like the Stillen design (w/ x-pipe), a true-dual setup like the Injen (no cross-over pipes) or do I replace the factory y-pipe and go w/ a stock-designed exhaust like the Fujitsubo/Nismo/Pro-1 V2/etc?

If the answer is true-dual, I am probably going to do a custom exhaust copying the stillen design but w/ Magnaflow SS products (X-pipe, resonators, 2-in 2-out muffler) - if the answer is stock-design, I am going to go with the 350Zforums new y-pipe (when it comes out) into a custom mid-pipe w/ resonator, into a Flowmaster 80 muffler.... like I said, saving $$$ while producing the most HP is the goal... thanks for the feedback (I'm sure this will be of benefit to many owners)
Old 05-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Then you would be looking at the following exhausts in cost wize order less expensive to most... these are full cat back systems...

NISMO S-Tune Full Cat Back Including Y-Pipe

INJEN Straight Tip Full Cat Back True Dual

Apexi World Sport = Must Add Y-Pipe to get full cat back

FUJITSUBO Legalis R = Must add Y-Pipe to be full cat back system

Tanabe Super Medalion Racing = Must Add Y-Pipe to be full cat back