Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 01:03 AM
COJ_General

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FINALLY THE CAR IS BACK!!!! It has been 2 long months without the car and I finally received it back 2 days ago.... I will be doing my review of the headers within the next week (gives me some time to get back on the same page with my baby ). As for my vehicle, its a 6MT so I'm not sure for the low stock numbers, but I can assure you that the dyno test was done accurately. I believe the dyno sheet was posted; if not though I can get it from the guys at Power Toyz. The post I put up a while ago was information that I was given from one of the individuals that had seen the dyno sheet, but had read it wrong. Simple mistake. But all honesty, there is a lot of bashing going on and I really don't understand why you guys can't give them a chance. They have done phenominal work on the headers and have spent many hours getting the product to its peak performance. As well, obviously over the time that the Z first arrived until now, there is a lot of advancement....look at all the aftermarket products: as time has gone by, the products are becoming more effective probably because there has been more time to spend on getting the products to their maximum potential. So anyway, I'll get that review for everyone this next week with some pictures and possibly a video.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:15 AM
solja

Congrats
Old 11-21-2004, 05:10 AM
uro279

Yeah, congrats. keep us posted.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Nexusindustry

Originally posted by downforce
Any mention if they are street legal (emissions legal) especially for California?
The headers have been submitted for CARB approval. The process should be completed before you know it. This CARB approval will apply for all 350z and all G35.

Victor D.
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 11-22-2004, 11:09 AM
kzshin

what about test on 91 octane gas???
Old 11-22-2004, 11:13 AM
windydog

Yes, Pleae expand on the 91 octane gas.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:32 AM
neffster

Originally posted by windydog
Yes, Pleae expand on the 91 octane gas.
FYI, You can't find 91 octane in CFL, only 87, 89, or 93. Just a FYI for the rest of you guys.

For the 9th time, what octane did you run in the pre and post dynos?
Old 11-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

20+hp headers, this should be interesting....

can't wait for the review.

i'm not saying i don't believe you, i just would like to know "how" this 20hp was achieved, and if we can expect 20hp across all Z's.
Same thing when Injen claims the CAI gives us 11hp with a dyno sheet to prove it, but we have yet to see it in real life somehow...i don't want manufacturers playing tricks on the products such as change in atmosphere temperature, dynoing on a low gear, etc.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Nexusindustry

Jun,

The individual who dyno'd is right in your area in South Florida. I think maybe you can ask him how the dyno's went. He nailed out 20hp and it was so hot that his car kept overheating. This of course robbed the car of power. Can you imagine what we can do on some good runs.

Victor D.
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 11-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea!
Originally posted by JimRHIT
I will be the next guinea pig...

How's this for a porduct test.

Send me a set of headers.

I will pay for the install, and the six dyno runs (3 before, 3 after)

I will post any and all results to all forum members here and this will validate the product's performance.

If the dynos prove that these headers make the power you claim (within 10%). I will buy them.

If not, I ask that you fit the bill for the install/uninstall fees, but I will cover the dyno costs.

If you are confident in your product, this should be a no brainer for you....send em my way.

We have many reputable shops in SoCal that are more than qualified to do a professional installation on these, so that shouldn't worry you.

Sincerely,
Jim
Old 11-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Z BOY

I am not at all interested in your dyno results on a stock engine. How many of us are completely stock? I would need to see some good indep dyno gains on MODIFIED Zs before i would consider buying your headers, especially considering your outrageous asking price.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:28 AM
ChromiumBlue

i think it was like 700 on ebay for a while, too bad we missed it, i hope they start a group buy here too.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Nexusindustry

Originally posted by Z BOY
I am not at all interested in your dyno results on a stock engine. How many of us are completely stock? I would need to see some good indep dyno gains on MODIFIED Zs before i would consider buying your headers, especially considering your outrageous asking price.

Z Boy,

The dynos are done on a stock engine for one reason: other products will artificially add horsepower to our product and we want to show the true dyno numbers even though they may be lower than on a modified 350Z. The main reason being, is that if we did the dyno on a car with an intake or an exhaust, for example, then the numbers on the dyno would be better because the engine would breath better, not as a result of our product but as a result of some other product. Therefore, we dyno a stock car so that no one can say that the power was not produced by our header.

As for the price, you get what you...well you know the rest of the saying, but I also understand because I am a tuner myself. I am not a sales person but I believe that if a purchase were made in a group then the price would be significantly reduced. Of course, I would have to go through the sales department and explain to them the importance of marketing the product on my350z.com in order to convince them to allow me to do it. I have done it before, but the only problem with the 350Z headers is that of the 300 we are getting in January, about 70% are committed to our distributors. Naturally, I would have to make sure that the rest were not committed any further and set aside for what I would convince the "powers that be" was a deserved discount to real enthusiats from my350z.com who are not just magazine mechanics and really drive their cars.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to PM me.

Best,

Victor D.
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 11-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Vanos_Villain

Looks like a good product. I'd consider them.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Z BOY

Thanks, Victor, for your response. My concern is that adding the headers to an already modified z such as mine may not produce gains that would justify the cost of the headers PLUS INSTALLATION. It is pretty much common knowledge on this site that headers on our car are very expensive/hp gain. Plus, our cars seem to be very finicky(?) when it comes to the interaction btwn different mods, and i want to be sure that adding your headers to a setup like mine would a) make good hp gains, and b) be worth the cost. If i were to see good gains from your headers on a modified z such as mine, i would very likely buy your headers.
Originally posted by Nexusindustry
Z Boy,

The dynos are done on a stock engine for one reason: other products will artificially add horsepower to our product and we want to show the true dyno numbers even though they may be lower than on a modified 350Z. The main reason being, is that if we did the dyno on a car with an intake or an exhaust, for example, then the numbers on the dyno would be better because the engine would breath better, not as a result of our product but as a result of some other product. Therefore, we dyno a stock car so that no one can say that the power was not produced by our header.

As for the price, you get what you...well you know the rest of the saying, but I also understand because I am a tuner myself. I am not a sales person but I believe that if a purchase were made in a group then the price would be significantly reduced. Of course, I would have to go through the sales department and explain to them the importance of marketing the product on my350z.com in order to convince them to allow me to do it. I have done it before, but the only problem with the 350Z headers is that of the 300 we are getting in January, about 70% are committed to our distributors. Naturally, I would have to make sure that the rest were not committed any further and set aside for what I would convince the "powers that be" was a deserved discount to real enthusiats from my350z.com who are not just magazine mechanics and really drive their cars.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to PM me.

Best,

Victor D.
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 11-23-2004, 01:48 PM
neffster

zboy,

Your post sounded very reasonable and extremely easy to understand. I hope the makers of this header will do a pre and post dyno with a modified vehicle. Plenum, h/f cats or straight pipes, a y-pipe or a full exhaust and an intake. I GUARANTEE that you can gain conservatively 20bhp with those mods and they cost about $1500 (if you do the Y-pipe and not the full exhaust). The headers installed would be $1500 and that would not be an easy DIY like the other items.

For $3000 how much hp would we see? 25bhp? 30bhp? 40bhp (I seriously doubt it)? That is the real question...
Old 11-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Nexusindustry

The difficultly of install was one of the main hurdles in the design of the header for the USDM models. The first couple of headers required the engine to be removed for the install to be done which was a major problem. The end result of our R+D now allows the install of the header without need for the removal of the engine and overall reduced install time to save money. In fact, if any shops need install directions to make the process even faster we can .pdf the installation instructions.

Victor D.
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 11-23-2004, 03:48 PM
dduck44

I'm in......if these headers could add some decent HP to a modded Z; exhaust, test pipes, plenum, pulley and so on.....I'll buy them the next day. Like someone posted on this thread several pages back, it just seems that no matter what you do you reach a HP ceiling.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Machupo

looks like i'm coming to the crux of what to do with my Z... if I stay NA and build/stroke the engine, i'd definitely look into picking up a set of these (if they pan out after a bit more independent testing... i.e. forum members)... if no one else decides to try 'em i'll probably get the crawfords

if I go FI, i probably won't need headers but truthfully, i'd just love having an NA engine that put out over 400whp... i don't need the fastest Z in the world, i am more pleased by the audio component of the engine, the power whenever i want it and total reliability that an NA engine can provide... as for gas mileage... i couldn't care less, as long as i don't have asphalt growing out of my tailpipes, i'll be happy

one particular question i've got is whether they will be heat shielded or not... for the health (and effectiveness) of my cats and the appeal of a "clean" engine (from a design perspective), I don't want headers that will treat my engine bay like a kiln.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:52 PM
ChromiumBlue

*off topic*

zboy,
i dint like that hood b4, but now that i see it on ur car, damn, it looks tyte, i mite just get that.

Quick Reply: Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq