Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Nissan Recall on 52,400 350Z's

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 07:00 AM
Road Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bs i say on the no compensation thing...hey if your car catches fire its covered regardless. i have not been able to schedule my car yet....so what about that
Old 03-21-2006, 11:01 AM
red350zguy
Banned

I am talking about if you choose not to perform the recall at all, and your car catches fire 6 months later after you have had ample time to have the recall done, not if you are waiting to get it done.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Road Warrior

that could be, and whenever you take your car into the dealer they are going to schedule you for that recall if you are one of the vehicles effected. that will be when you are on the hook per say for liability...something to consider for sure
Old 03-21-2006, 12:57 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red350zguy
My insurance company is Nationwide, and before you make a statement like that, you best do your homework, because there have been 100's of cases, with the Ford explorer catching on fire and the insurance companies not paying thier customers, because they did not have the recall done.
100's of cases huh? show me one? why don't you do your homework and read your insurance policy. does it say anything about voluntary recalls? and if any ins co was to try to deny coverage based on you not doing a voluntary recall then your lawyer should have an easy payday.

I am talking about if you choose not to perform the recall at all, and your car catches fire 6 months later after you have had ample time to have the recall done, not if you are waiting to get it done.
you talk about ample time, so what is ample time? what if you don't service your car via the dealer? your arguement is totally unsubstantiated crap.

Last edited by showstoppertk; 03-21-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Road Warrior

if this is totally voluntary then i see no liability on our part...its all nissan

someone needs to check their records and get the facts straight...and the internet is full of bs know it alls been there done that...ya, i believe everything you say guys

show me the money
Old 03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

I'm gonna give the dealer a call and see how much the kit cost. If it's reasonably inexpensive, I'll do the work myself.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:43 PM
red350zguy
Banned

Tell you what guys, don't do the recall, when the cars burns up, let me know what your payoff is, I am done with this, I talked to both my agent, the insurance company and my brother who is a lawyer, I did my homework. But let the car burn, and let me know what payoff you get, like my brother said, yeah your lawyer will have an easy payoff, considering insurance companies have what 50 to 250 lawyers on staff, depending how big they are, but it will be an easy case for your one lawyer to win. Besides the fact if something does happen to your car if you decide not to do this and someone else gets hurt or dies, because of your so worry about your car not being right, you won't have anything left anyway, after they sue you and take everything you own. I am sorry it is not worth my life or someone else's life, it's only a f*cking car, which can be replaced. Good luck to all of you to decide not to do this and I truely hope nothing happens to you or someone else. Oh and Showstopper learn how to do a search on the law forums on the net, and then I won't have to show you a case.

Last edited by red350zguy; 03-21-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Road Warrior

Tell you what guys, don't do the recall, when the cars burns up, let me know what your payoff is, I am done with this, I talked to both my agent, the insurance company and my brother who is a lawyer, I did my homework. But let the car burn, and let me know what payoff you get, like my brother said, yeah your lawyer will have an easy payoff, considering insurance companies have what 50 to 250 lawyers on staff, depending how big they are, but it will be an easy case for your one lawyer to win. Besides the fact if something does happen to your car if you decide not to do this and someone else gets hurt or dies, because of your so worry about your car not being right, you won't have anything left anyway, after they sue you and take everything you own. I am sorry it is not worth my life or someone else's life, it's only a f*cking car, which can be replaced. Good luck to all of you to decide not to do this and I truely hope nothing happens to you or someone else. Oh and Showstopper learn how to do a search on the law forums on the net, and then I won't have to show you a case.
good luck to you as well...i hope your car stays in one piece...j/k

good points and a good discussion....but how much did ford payout for all those rollovers during their recalls on bad tires?

there has to be some liability here...and right now nissan is on the hook if you ask me
Old 03-21-2006, 05:09 PM
red350zguy
Banned

Like I said before, I am not talking about right now, I am talking about 6 months from now, if you choose not to do the recall. But I done discussing it, it's your car, your life, other people's lives, and your choice. I hope your choice is doesn't hurt someone.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:49 PM
ChinaClipper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another week of driving my car after the recall performed included a day at Motorsports Ranch on the 1.7 mile road course. Car runs just fine!

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself..."
Old 03-21-2006, 06:19 PM
showstoppertk

Like I said before, I am not talking about right now, I am talking about 6 months from now, if you choose not to do the recall. But I done discussing it, it's your car, your life, other people's lives, and your choice. I hope your choice is doesn't hurt someone.
lol! how is nissan's screw up the car owners fault? you never answered any of my questions about a Z owner who doesn't take their car to nissan for service and their liability. or does your brother not know anything about that? and if you brother did know anything about insurance law and how insurance companies handle suits against them he would know that their first and foremost directive is to settle out of court. no ins company wants to go to court, unless we're talking about a class action suit. its not worth their time and money to take a claim to court and possibly suffer bad publicity. if its so easy for you to find an example of a case where an insurance company denied payout based on the owners failure to do the recall then why haven't you posted it. oh well, what can I expect from someone who said their done talking about an issue, but still seems to be posting...

BTW, how many edits does it take you to decide what you want to say?
Old 03-21-2006, 06:33 PM
red350zguy
Banned

You know something showstopper, your an ******* and I hope if any car burns, yours does. An isurance company will only settle out of court if it is in thier best interest to, or else they will use all thier resources to win the case. Two I edit my post for errors, I am not the greatest typist, nor do I claim to be. Guess I didn't goto typing school like you. And 3rd if you weren't such an ******* I would have posted the link, and maybe if you learn how to search the net, you could find it yourself, took me all of 10 seconds to find it.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:01 PM
showstoppertk

You know something showstopper, your an ******* and I hope if any car burns, yours does. An isurance company will only settle out of court if it is in thier best interest to, or else they will use all thier resources to win the case. Two I edit my post for errors, I am not the greatest typist, nor do I claim to be. Guess I didn't goto typing school like you. And 3rd if you weren't such an ******* I would have posted the link, and maybe if you learn how to search the net, you could find it yourself, took me all of 10 seconds to find it.
uh. ok. you win b/c I'm intimidated by your petty name calling and desire that my car burns. I guess they don't teach tact and self control to kids these days. if you really did edit your posts for errors you better keep working on that because your still missing some letters and I believe your missing your first point since you somehow got to number "Two". besides I saw that you entered some additional info on that post that you edited so don't try to feed me your grammatical handicapp. so are you not done talking or not?

sorry to everyone else reading this post, please get back to the original subject.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Sevs2k

Guys, seriously, we are all free to decide what we do or don't do with our cars. No point trying to convince others what to do.

Let it go.

I am heading to the dealer tommorow to fix an interior noise that "appeared" when they did some work on the car 2 weeks ago. :-)

I will chat with the manager to see how many cars they have done. If they have done over 10, I am going to schedule to get it done, if not, I am gonna wait. Worse case, If there are noises after, I will sell.

Happy time!
Old 03-22-2006, 05:56 AM
gixracer

to stop the whining
as far a noise we are all hyper aware of anything when we "care" about it.
i was even hearing the fuel pump cycle after the recall was done. i hear a creak up in the front of my dash because i had airbag kill switch done. 99% if its in our head the other 1% is going to be a pain.

like i said before i went and checked it out after they did the recall. i did find loose nuts on my car. i took care of it then went out and flogged it with no problems.

just get it done and have a 2nd off site individual check the work and be done. if your that worried then the $35 to get it check won't break the bank. if you think nissan should pick up the second tab............... well thats your own cospiracy/ worried/f**k all those responsible problem you have.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:57 AM
Road Warrior

you guys have got to understand that i would say the majority of us that do our own work, know what kind of crappy work the dealer does on jobs because we get in there after and check it out.

i am not exaggerating, i have never had a good job done with the exception of a few oil changes...but even then i have had the head mechanic leave the oil cap off...but that was on another car.

so far with the z just some scratches when the replaced the cd...and now that one is skipping so go figure

the only reason i am hesitant is because of all the work required on this recall and how many things can get "hosed"...no pun intented
Old 03-22-2006, 05:17 PM
jomaxum

The only way your Z is going to burn is if you pour gas on it and light the match. THis is so far overblown it is getting stupid.

Read the notice. Two issues. Refill hose might leak. This hose is very visible, inside right wheel well under a plastic cover. If it leaks you will know it. Other issue is a possible MIL due to fuel vapor hoses losing pressure. Again, if it happens you will know it.

I am not getting this until one the above events happens.

Goodluck having some uncaring grease monkey, that is PO'd that day at his boss , tear half your Z apart.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:28 PM
ac8024

Default Fuel Tank Recall 350Z

I went to Performance Nissan today to get the rear axels fixed, and the dealer said that their is a new recall update for the 350z. They suggest replacing the fuel tank with new ones due to previous Z complaints about hose leaks or something. All covered under warranty, sucks I have to leave it there overnight. Have you guys been notified about the recall yet? Thanks
Old 03-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Nano

Originally Posted by jomaxum
Goodluck having some uncaring grease monkey, that is PO'd that day at his boss , tear half your Z apart.
this is just as overblown as the car catching fire. lol
Old 03-22-2006, 08:17 PM
ecstaz

Yeah I got my notification in the mail. I'm going to go in there and tell them that countless gallons of fuel had been leaking out of my gas tank for months and demand they reimberse me

Quick Reply: Nissan Recall on 52,400 350Z's