Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

auto window up/down when open/close door

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 01:29 AM
SirZaLot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question auto window up/down when open/close door

A while back, some members said that in cold days, sometimes their window won't come down when door opened. Is the problem still there now? It happened twice to me, and it wasn't because of snow and the window all iced up, it's just a cold day.

Also, do you guys find that the window don't go down as much now? I find it that when I first got the car, it goes down fine, and now the window is going down much less than before. So today I went back to the dealer and show them the problem. They also notice the window only goes down a bit, but they said they couldn't reset the window to let it go down more. Because it came from the factory like that, and there is nothing to adjust. They also told me as long as the window still goes down, there won't be a problem. Is that all true? Or the dealer just don't know **** and just BS'in me??
Old 04-24-2003, 06:18 PM
N74DV

they are BS'ing you... mine did the same. I took it in. They replaced the regulator inside.

After the fix it works like new... but 3 months later I am starting to notice it getting "sloppy" again.

It sure as hell would suck to have to replace the regulator every 4 months.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:35 PM
SirZaLot

But is it true that as long as the window still goes down, everything should be fine?

p.s. The car is covered by warranty, I don't understand why dealers lie all the time
Old 04-26-2003, 03:48 AM
DMONTE

Yet I bet if you open your door and then pushed down on the window it will go down another quarter inch or so before it stops.
On mine it seems like the regulator may be working but the windows not following it all the way down.

I had my grease streaks fixed last week and they were supposed to fix that problem also but it still doesn't go down and up like when it was new, I think I will wait and see until a bulletin comes out for this particular problem. As long as it's coming down a little we should be fine.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:31 PM
SirZaLot

Originally posted by DMONTE
Yet I bet if you open your door and then pushed down on the window it will go down another quarter inch or so before it stops.
EXACTLY!!!! That's what happened to my car too and that's how I showed the dealer of the problem........

Man, for a first year car, everything is just waiting and more waiting......
Old 01-16-2004, 12:23 PM
mtscanlon

I have this problem also. Has anyone had this successfully fixed??
Old 01-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Z4KR

I just realized that I have the same problem. Previously, I wanted to take the car in for the streaks and some rattling issue but was worried they couldn't put it back together properly. I hope there's a fix for this.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:03 PM
SirZaLot

The dealer still don't want to touch it till this day. No matter how many times I told them, they only point out to me that the window is still moving.
Now my wondow only go down about 2mm...
Old 02-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Static

Default Re: auto window up/down when open/close door

Originally posted by SirZaLot
A while back, some members said that in cold days, sometimes their window won't come down when door opened. Is the problem still there now? It happened twice to me, and it wasn't because of snow and the window all iced up, it's just a cold day.

Also, do you guys find that the window don't go down as much now? I find it that when I first got the car, it goes down fine, and now the window is going down much less than before. So today I went back to the dealer and show them the problem. They also notice the window only goes down a bit, but they said they couldn't reset the window to let it go down more. Because it came from the factory like that, and there is nothing to adjust. They also told me as long as the window still goes down, there won't be a problem. Is that all true? Or the dealer just don't know **** and just BS'in me??
I have noticed mine having this issue.. it goes down less now than it used to, especially when compared to my passenger side door. I fear this may be an ongoing problem for us in cold weather climates... it seems to affect things when your window freazes shut.. I am going to talk to my dealer about this when I can... I have to bring it back cause they fixed my grease track and now the window squeals..
Old 02-09-2004, 08:38 PM
N74DV

*UPDATE*

I have had to have my windows fixed 7 or 8 times in the last 9 months!

No one can seem to get it right...... Nissan Service sucks a$$
Old 02-09-2004, 08:42 PM
N74DV

Originally posted by SirZaLot
The dealer still don't want to touch it till this day. No matter how many times I told them, they only point out to me that the window is still moving.
Now my wondow only go down about 2mm...
thats the same **** I got from my dealer.... UNTIL I printed out the page in the service manual that says it must move 10mm. I brought that page in along with my millimeter calipers.

I set my calipers to 10mm and told the phuckwad service advisor to open the door as I held the calipers up to the window down by the seal where it meets the door.

when he saw it was only like 2mm he started feeding me some BS ..... he never did fix it.. he told me I'm too picky and he never wants to see my car in his drive again.... I took it to another dealer and they have sorta fixed it... it moves about 7mm now.. good enough I guess.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by N74DV
thats the same **** I got from my dealer.... UNTIL I printed out the page in the service manual that says it must move 10mm. I brought that page in along with my millimeter calipers.

I set my calipers to 10mm and told the phuckwad service advisor to open the door as I held the calipers up to the window down by the seal where it meets the door.

when he saw it was only like 2mm he started feeding me some BS ..... he never did fix it.. he told me I'm too picky and he never wants to see my car in his drive again.... I took it to another dealer and they have sorta fixed it... it moves about 7mm now.. good enough I guess.
As long as it goes down enough to clear the seal strip and you can open the door w/o sticking, you're OK. I haven't had the problem, but nobody is repairing my grease stripes, too risky. As more Zs appear and more techs have experience w/them, it should get better. I waited 4 months before I took my car in for warranty work just to try and be on the safe side. Given the horror stories like yours, I will keep the grease forever, its not very noticeable and my windows work perfectly.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:54 PM
aptiva

Can this feature be disabled?
Old 02-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by aptiva
Can this feature be disabled?
Disabled? Your window can't go all the way up if you disable it, and you would have to lower your window to get out and wouldn't have any way to close it completely afterward. I don't think its a good idea. The Z doesn't have hand cranks.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:42 AM
cal_z

Great news fellas!!! My windows won't go down at all. They started to drag at first then just stop. Luckily it stopped working in the up position. Whew! It's cold in kentucky right now. Anyway, I took it to the dealer of which began another bad experience, and they replaced the window motor (they said). Three days later it did it again. They since have a new window motor to install and my window won't go down. I have an app. next week to have it put in. By the way, The window seems to work when the weather is above 45 degrees.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:58 AM
TARGET350Z

Bump..I was hoping that I could get some new input on how to fix this auto adjusting feature when opening/closing the door.