Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

what the fork... my Z overheated ._.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:18 PM
andrew's 350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billsrcursed
That's ridiculous. He hasn't even talked to the shop about it yet.

People like you crack me up. Businesses make mistakes, too. Most of the time, if you approach them with some friggin class and dignity, they're more than willing to fix the mistakes.

Walking in there like you own the b!tch threatening everyone's jobs gets you nowhere fast, and probably knocked the "fork" out if we're all lucky enough.
WOW thats a big mistake, painting the bumper and the A/C condenser coil. i can understand a little over spray but enough to get the car to over heat? thats not a mistake that is lazy prep work. i would come in pretty pissed, now i have to make extra trips, cant drive the car.. ur right i would be excited to.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:55 PM
billsrcursed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ OK.

Good luck with walking into an establishment flailing around like a baby who just had their "passy" stolen from them. I'm sure you'll get real far in life acting like that.

Either they did it on purpose, or it was a mistake. Big, small, makes no difference. Give them a chance to rectify the situation before acting like an *** is all I'm saying.

EDIT - Just saw your thread where you state you're still in school. Sorry, I didn't realize. Carry on throwing fits and demanding justice, just be prepared to throw that immature **** out the window when you join the rest of us in the real world.

Last edited by billsrcursed; 08-16-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:14 AM
andrew's 350Z

Originally Posted by billsrcursed
^^ OK.

Good luck with walking into an establishment flailing around like a baby who just had their "passy" stolen from them. I'm sure you'll get real far in life acting like that.

Either they did it on purpose, or it was a mistake. Big, small, makes no difference. Give them a chance to rectify the situation before acting like an *** is all I'm saying.

EDIT - Just saw your thread where you state you're still in school. Sorry, I didn't realize. Carry on throwing fits and demanding justice, just be prepared to throw that immature **** out the window when you join the rest of us in the real world.
never said i would go in there screaming u must of misunderstood where i was coming from which is fine i guess if you are closed minded. i would not walk in there like they forgot to paint the spoiler. its kinda a big issue when ur car overheats. its a sign there is a problem i would not threaten to sue. but i would not be a happy fairy if you know where im coming from. go in there tell the man what they did and come to a agrement.
oh u saw my thread yes im still in school getting a BA in Aero space engineering thank u for trying to insult me for going to school and bettering my life. feel accomplished?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:31 AM
billsrcursed

I wasn't trying to insult you. It's great you're trying to better yourself, good for you.

It's a different world after school, though, and you'll quickly realize you spend your whole life either dealing with angry customers or planning each day around other people's mistakes, both of which are applicable to the OP's situation.

It's obviously a big deal that his car is overheating, I'm not trying to down play that. My point was raging before even offering the shop a chance to remedy the problem is unproductive. I can't even begin to tell you how many times someone has joined this forum to blow up a vendor's spot, only to find out that had they first communicated their concerns to the vendor, they could have come to an agreement without airing their dirty laundry all over the interwebz. Happens all the time.

Good luck with your BA and your mods, sorry if I came across as insulting. We get the "school" crowd often and they sometimes are lacking in the real world department.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:00 AM
andrew's 350Z

Ah I see ur point. Yes I have done a lot of reading here. There are a lot of "school kids here" thank you for explaining yourself. Yes OP talk to the vendor. But don't let him push u around tho. I work at a school district so I have parents screaming at me for 8 hrs a day. Not real fun.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:40 AM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On the plus side, paint rarely sticks well to aluminum unless it's prepped correctly. I doubt the idiots who didn't mask the area did any prep at all. Heck, they probably didn't even prep the bumper.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:02 AM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck man... heat is enemy #1 of the engine. They may owe you more than a radiator (if this is from their actions).
Old 08-17-2010, 01:48 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Where is the smoke coming from?
Old 08-17-2010, 08:47 PM
R350Zz33

maybe the paint is whats burning just cause u see smoke dosent mean its overheating it could be the paint burning cause i highly doubt its high temp paint
Old 08-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Mitsuomi

See pictures:
It is hard to see the radiator from the pictures, but in person you could clearly see the paint all over it.

The smoke was boiled water that was spilling out from tank i circled in red. The water was spilled all over the engine which evaporated it right away, thus creating smoke.

I took the car to the dealership first (since i still have warranty) they looked at it and said it was the fan. I decided to take the car to the shop anyway and they cleaned the radiator. We left the car idle for about 20 minutes and it didn't over heat. The temperature did go SLIGHTLY higher than normal but not too high. I went home and i left the car idle for about 10 more minutes, no problem. Then as i was going to my friend's house, i noticed that the temperature was high (by high i mean about a quarter below max). So i decided to go back to the dealership, they put a new fan and a thermostat (all covered by warranty) It took about an hour or so.

In conclusion: Cleaning radiator somewhat fixed the issue, the car stopped overheating but the temperature was still higher than normal. Changing fan completely fixed the issue. So it was probably both that caused the car to overheat >.>

Side note: After the car was done, i had to wait almost an hour for the warranty to process the payment to the dealership etc. The guy that was working on my car tuned it using uprev (free)
Attached Thumbnails what the fork... my Z overheated ._.-002ckz.jpg   what the fork... my Z overheated ._.-001zey.jpg   what the fork... my Z overheated ._.-028gy.jpg   what the fork... my Z overheated ._.-082j.jpg  

Last edited by Mitsuomi; 08-17-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 AM
POWUH
Banned

good now go back to the shop and demand some kind of compensation.