I have an '04 and have RECURRING feathering
10.62%
Voters: 697. You may not vote on this poll

Feathering poll

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 06:49 PM
snoby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles frostrock7c do you have on these new tires? If it is less than 7k miles than I will not be convinced.
Matt
Old 12-03-2004, 03:10 PM
snoby

Well I faxed my stuff to Krohn & Moss... Nissan is pretty smart, if they don't admit anything is wrong with the car or the tires then they can't be hassled by the Lemon Law issue. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I sure as sh*t don't want to be putting tires on this car every 10K miles.

Hello. I received your documents regarding your Nissan. Unfortunately, we need to establish 3 verified repairs to have a valid lemon law claim. Nissan is also a tough manufacturer and we need a strong case. Although you have 2 repair visits, these orders show Nissan will not cover the tire issue and there is only one alignment issue. You may, however, have a case in the near future, so we encourage you to return to any Nissan dealer with continued problems and we will follow up with you at a later date. Should you obtain three valid repairs, please send those documents to our immediate attention.

Matt
Old 12-03-2004, 04:13 PM
cvrobot

Originally posted by snoby
Well I faxed my stuff to Krohn & Moss... Nissan is pretty smart, if they don't admit anything is wrong with the car or the tires then they can't be hassled by the Lemon Law issue. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I sure as sh*t don't want to be putting tires on this car every 10K miles.

Matt
I have a feeling it's going to take a tire blowout before Nissan has anything to say. I'm faxing my stuff to Krohn as well. If all of us take action maybe we'll get an answer. I can't believe that Nissan or any dealer could expect their customers to replace tire every 10K!! That's crazy!!!!

Keep me posted
-C
Old 12-04-2004, 03:51 AM
lew f

Originally posted by frostyrock7c
I had feathering with the stock 17's on my 04 Enthusiast, but when I changed to 245/45ZR17's and 275/40ZR18's with an alignment, the problem was solved
How long ago and how many miles since the change. If your feathering problem was solved it would be the first
Old 12-06-2004, 04:32 AM
Don ZZZ

Nissan's admission of anything wrong: Nissan sent me a letter stating the front tires may need replacement due to incorrect toe-in from the factory. I immediately had them replaced on May 21, 2004. The replacement tires are now worn, similar to the 1st (original set). The tires are not the only problem.
Plus Nissan extended the Warranty Period for 2 more years.
Plus the Nissan Dealer knew back in early 2003, that the 350Z was experiencing a problem with the tire/alignment. However, that problem did'nt prevent them from selling me a "flawed vehicle". A problem of having to replace tires prematurely. What will hurt Nissan is when they can't sell their vehicles. I truly enjoyed my Z except for the future tire maintenance issue. At 30,000 miles, I felt I was forced to trade, and Nissan should be responsible for selling me a vehicle with a Design Flaw".

Matt
Old 12-06-2004, 07:18 AM
mattvols

Originally posted by Don ZZZ
Matt,
Which firm did you file your claim with?

Don,
It was www.wattslawfirm.com. I also received a message from an Atlanta consumer protection firm that I had faxed my info to stating that they were willing to take my case at no cost to me. I am going to look into that also. Watts Law Frim seemed very good over the phone, but they need more numbers from us. They said they would like to have at least one car owner in every state before they go to court.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:22 AM
mattvols

My thoughts are, in court, Nissan "admitted" or "acknowledged" the problem by sending out the letters to us 2003 owners notifying us to have the problem checked out by our dealers. Thus "admitting", but not fixing (because it must be a design flaw), just "band aidin" us until we are out of warranty

Matt
Old 12-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Don ZZZ

Originally posted by mattvols
Matt,
Yes, Nissan "admitted they had an issue with the tire/suspension" by sending the letters to the 2003 owners. The Class Action Suit should also include the Dealer for each buyer.....ie "knowing there was a problem and ignoring it just to make a profit". That term starts with an "F".....and ends with a "D".
Old 12-06-2004, 12:40 PM
amiller099

Do new wheels/tires solve the feathering? New as in aftermarket.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Reese

WTF...I am so sick of this.....Nissan is not telling the dealerships when they can expect tires...Nissan is blaming Bridgestone. I guess Nissan figures if you can't even get new tires once then their can't be any lemon law claims. This is total b.s. Hallelujah holly ****!!
Old 12-08-2004, 11:32 AM
cvrobot

Originally posted by Reese
WTF...I am so sick of this.....Nissan is not telling the dealerships when they can expect tires...Nissan is blaming Bridgestone. I guess Nissan figures if you can't even get new tires once then their can't be any lemon law claims. This is total b.s. Hallelujah holly ****!!

I was just told by Nissan that the tires are on NATIONAL BACKORDER so even if they would, which they won't, replace them they won't be available until April 2005!!!!! That is crazy!!
Old 12-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Reese

Originally posted by cvrobot
I was just told by Nissan that the tires are on NATIONAL BACKORDER so even if they would, which they won't, replace them they won't be available until April 2005!!!!! That is crazy!!
I talked to Nissan and got the same story but they didn't say anything about April 2005 . So, after talking with Nissan, I decided to go to the Firestone store and just ask them if the tires are on backorder. They said it would probably be about 30 days before they would ship any tires to Nissan. The guy also told me that the reason the tires keep feathering after alignment is that Nissan does not have the correct specs for a proper alignment. Basically that Nissan fu**ed up from day one and had the wrong specs and released the wrong specs so everyone that had an alignment was just aligning to the wrong specs....therefore still having the same problem. He said they were not going to do anymore alignments until Nissan released some new specs for the 03's and 04's.

I didn't really think about it until now but wouldn't the 05 specs work on the 03 & 04? or was something changed? Anyway I don't know who to believe anymore (believing nobody sounds like a safe bet) Man I don't know if I can't wait til April this roar is driving me nuts.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Don ZZZ

Originally posted by Reese
I talked to Nissan and got the same story but they didn't say anything about April 2005 . So, after talking with Nissan, I decided to go to the Firestone store and just ask them if the tires are on backorder. They said it would probably be about 30 days before they would ship any tires to Nissan. The guy also told me that the reason the tires keep feathering after alignment is that Nissan does not have the correct specs for a proper alignment. Basically that Nissan fu**ed up from day one and had the wrong specs and released the wrong specs so everyone that had an alignment was just aligning to the wrong specs....therefore still having the same problem. He said they were not going to do anymore alignments until Nissan released some new specs for the 03's and 04's.

I didn't really think about it until now but wouldn't the 05 specs work on the 03 & 04? or was something changed? Anyway I don't know who to believe anymore (believing nobody sounds like a safe bet) Man I don't know if I can't wait til April this roar is driving me nuts.
The roaring will be minor by April 2005. Just think of what it's going to cost to replace any other alignment related parts.....ie shocks, wheel bearings. Adjustments to remove the additional squeaks generated by the rough ride.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:12 PM
E.F. VaBeach

2004 Roadster - feathering and roar showed up at 8800 miles, so I took it to the dealer today with 9100.

I had the 2003 TSB and other documentation in hand, and the service manager didn't offer any lame excuses. So he did "step one" - cross swapped the front tires and remounted them. I told him that based on experiences gleaned from the major users' groups (this one, mostly), he could expect to see me asking for new tires in about another thousand miles or less when the roar/feathering reappears.

Not very satisfying, but at least he didn't take the denial route. It was pretty obvious that they've been instructed to admit nothing regarding the 2004's and protract the process - presumably through the tire warranty period.

More to follow . . . .
Old 12-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Funk Sway

Has anyone informed the national news media of all this ??,I'll bet there would be some changes if "60 Min." showed up at NNA and or some local dealers.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:30 AM
mattvols

Originally posted by Funk Sway
Has anyone informed the national news media of all this ??,I'll bet there would be some changes if "60 Min." showed up at NNA and or some local dealers.
Great Idea! I will work on that now.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:37 AM
mattvols

Great Idea! I will work on that now.
I just sent 60 minutes an e-mail. If I hear back, I will let everyone know.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:41 AM
Don ZZZ

I just sent 60 minutes an e-mail. If I hear back, I will let everyone know.
great idea!

Does anyone have a 2005 with more than 7,000 miles. Just wondering if that car is experiencing the same tire feathering.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:28 AM
mattvols

Will someone try to contact Dateline too? I tried, but can't get to it from work because it is blocked here (we have sensitive sensors, I am surprised 350Z is not blocked!). My home computer is down too!
Old 12-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Funk Sway

Has anyone gotten any replies from the national news media ??
I forwarded a link to this to Fox news, O'Riliey, and Cavato, haven't herd squat back

Quick Reply: Feathering poll