I have an '04 and have RECURRING feathering
10.62%
Voters: 697. You may not vote on this poll

Feathering poll

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 10:03 AM
snoby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More like wanna be class action lawsuit participants!

LOL
Matt
Old 12-01-2004, 10:08 AM
mattvols

I just found this link too for a class action lawsuit:

http://www.sheller.com/Practice.asp?PracticeID=145

Aparently, one has already been filed as of October 1. The info is on the link. I submitted my info to them and suggest everyone else do it too. What can it hurt?
Old 12-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Don ZZZ

Originally posted by mattvols
Yes, I had left my info on www.nissantireproblems.com one month ago and have not heard anything. I did call The Watts Law Frim and left my info on somone named Terry Lynn's voicemail. I did not see this individual listed as an attorney on their website though, so who knows who he/she is? I will keep people informed of what I find out. We probably should start a new forum titled "Class Action Lawsuit Participants" so we can get a list together for the lawyers???
A month ago? Chit!!! Does'nt sound like any lawyer that I'm familiar with. I left a similar message on that site last Monday. Has anyone actually spoken with a lawyer concerning this issue?
Old 12-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Don ZZZ

Originally posted by mattvols
Yes, I had left my info on www.nissantireproblems.com one month ago and have not heard anything. I did call The Watts Law Frim and left my info on somone named Terry Lynn's voicemail. I did not see this individual listed as an attorney on their website though, so who knows who he/she is? I will keep people informed of what I find out. We probably should start a new forum titled "Class Action Lawsuit Participants" so we can get a list together for the lawyers???
How do we know that the lawyers representing this so-called Class Action Lawsuit.....is not NISSAN CORP?
Old 12-01-2004, 11:24 AM
jpc350z

Interesting Statistics:

The poll shows that for the 03's only 16% of this model year are feathering free(84% have feathering)The 04's are reporting a 52% feathering free(48% have feathering )

Likewise 03's are reporting a 64% recurrence in feathering while the 04's are reporting a 32% recurrence.

Both model years have the same tires which suggests that if the tires play a role it is minimal. Strongly pointing to the suspension as the primary culprit and one which would be very costly to repair.It is also obvious that changes were made to the suspension system for 04's reducing the incident of feathering by 40%.

What is most curious is why do some 04's have it and some don't. Nearly 50% will come down with the problem..What could be responsible for the difference..Maybe the build date has something to do with it.. Late 04's might have a change to the suspension..? It would be instructional if the build date was included in the poll..

In any event the poll clearly demonstrates that NISSAN has a huge problem that they are unwilling to admit to nor provide a solution that will solve the problem.. No wonder the Dealers are having a difficult time selling this car..
Old 12-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Orbit

Default Re: Lawyers number

Originally posted by cvrobot
Can you send me the number too. I just spoke to Nissan-1 and they said they can not do anything about my tires because it has over 10K on the tires! I've had several sports cars and never had this problem before. The bottom line is Nissan needs to take responsibility for this somehow. Thanks.
CVROBOT, I am not sure where in Florida you live, but I live in the Jax area and couldn't get Mike Shad Nissan of Orange Park to even look at my Z car. I called NNA and was told to take the car to another local dealer. I had over 13,000 miles on the tires when I took it to Coggin Nissan on Atlantic. They looked at the tires called NNA and got authorization to replace the tires and align all 4 tires at Nissans expense. Don't know how long it will last but it was no money out of my pocket and it is as quiet as a mouse for now.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:27 PM
snoby

All,

I have submitted my information to Kron & Moss, they called me today to say that they wanted more information from me they then sent me an email which stated:

"Krohn and Moss has received your inquiry from our website regarding a possible "lemon law" claim with your vehicle. Based upon the information that you provided, we believe that you may have a valid claim under state law and/or the Federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act."

I'm now collecting some information to send to them. Basically they want the original invoice for the car, all the service records, a copy of the warranty and also a copy of my payment contract (your agreement with who ever loaned you the money to buy your car).

I also did a search on the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) web site to search for complaints. www.nhtsa.dot.gov

I only found two complaints about our tire problem on the 2004 model of Z. We must make our current tire / suspension problem more widely known. It doesn't cost anything to log a complaint. Please if you are having this tire problem on your Z please go to the nhtsa web site and log a complaint here:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

The more people that file a complaint the more chance that we have of this becoming a huge issue. Once the Federal Government gets involved Nissan can no longer dismiss this issue!
Old 12-01-2004, 04:57 PM
cvrobot

Default Re: Re: Lawyers number

Originally posted by Orbit
CVROBOT, I am not sure where in Florida you live, but I live in the Jax area and couldn't get Mike Shad Nissan of Orange Park to even look at my Z car. I called NNA and was told to take the car to another local dealer. I had over 13,000 miles on the tires when I took it to Coggin Nissan on Atlantic. They looked at the tires called NNA and got authorization to replace the tires and align all 4 tires at Nissans expense. Don't know how long it will last but it was no money out of my pocket and it is as quiet as a mouse for now.

Thanks Orbit! I just recieved a message from Nissan today and I plan on calling them back tomorrow morning. I live in West Palm and m dealer has no intention of getting involved at all. I appreciated the information and will keep you posted.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:39 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by snoby

I also did a search on the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) web site to search for complaints. www.nhtsa.dot.gov

I only found two complaints about our tire problem on the 2004 model of Z. We must make our current tire / suspension problem more widely known. It doesn't cost anything to log a complaint. Please if you are having this tire problem on your Z please go to the nhtsa web site and log a complaint here:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

The more people that file a complaint the more chance that we have of this becoming a huge issue. Once the Federal Government gets involved Nissan can no longer dismiss this issue!
There are actually several complaints logged with the NHTSA. For 2003 350Zs I get:

33 under the TIRES category
8 under the TIRES:TREAD/BELT category
24 under the SUSPENSION category
61 under the SUSPENSION:FRONT category

These are mostly related to tire 'feathering' if you look at the details. Still, it wouldn't hurt for more people to submit a complaint there. Most people don't seem to know about that website.

BTW, I had all these complaints printed out when I went through arbitration to support my claim that there is a design flaw causing this in many of these cars. Didn't seem to help.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:41 PM
snoby

I only did my searching in the 2004 model year.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:32 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by snoby
I only did my searching in the 2004 model year.
My bad...I figured that was the case but missed it in your post. I think the 2003 year complaints are still applicable though, since Nissan supposedly didn't change anything related on the 2004 cars.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:32 AM
Don ZZZ

Originally posted by GaryK
My bad...I figured that was the case but missed it in your post. I think the 2003 year complaints are still applicable though, since Nissan supposedly didn't change anything related on the 2004 cars.
www.sheller.com
Sheller Ludwig & Badey......has filed Class Action Suit against Nissan North American on Oct. 1,2004. Check out their site.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:57 AM
slaponte

Originally posted by jpc350z

What is most curious is why do some 04's have it and some don't. Nearly 50% will come down with the problem..What could be responsible for the difference..Maybe the build date has something to do with it.. Late 04's might have a change to the suspension..?
I know a difference : some 04s have newer version SHOCKS, some don't. All ROADSTERS (04s of course) have the newer shocks.

What an interesting coincidence.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:03 AM
slaponte

A small note : we have to realize the numbers on the poll are biased. While most people who suffer feathering might take the time to complain, people who don't suffer it might not be inclined to participate. Most polls are biased that way, people are more inclined to complain than to provide good feedback.

Another issue is that the web site is "loaded" with car freaks. So we are more likely to notice these things, and complain about it. Obviously, a grand majority here love their Z beyond normal appreciation for a car.

So we have to admit this poll is biased quite a bit more than normal. By gut I would think the numbers are not that far off, but that is a totally "gut driven" guess.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:49 AM
mattvols

The more people that file a complaint the more chance that we have of this becoming a huge issue. Once the Federal Government gets involved Nissan can no longer dismiss this issue! [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. I just filed my complaint. Still have not heard back from any lawyers yet.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Don ZZZ

Matt,
Which firm did you file your claim with?
Old 12-02-2004, 01:08 PM
nightmare

I have an 04 with the roaring problem, just got off the phone with my local dealer who stated that the 04s were fixed and that nissan didnt warranty this problem on o4s but that he would still check out my car on monday. Anyone have anything in writing from nissan north america that states they offer some warranty on 04s for this problem or am I going to have to hunt for a dealer that will fix the problem?
Old 12-02-2004, 02:57 PM
snoby

Nightmare,
You are in the boat with the rest of us. Your situation is exactly like mine and a few others. Nissan isn't even saying that their is a problem. That is why I registered with Kron and Moss to look into my case.

Matt
Old 12-02-2004, 05:09 PM
lew f

Default Re: Lawyers number

Originally posted by cvrobot
Can you send me the number too. I just spoke to Nissan-1 and they said they can not do anything about my tires because it has over 10K on the tires! I've had several sports cars and never had this problem before. The bottom line is Nissan needs to take responsibility for this somehow. Thanks.
If you mean the Krohn and Moss number, you can find it on the web by looking up lemon law....

Check your Private mail on this page
Old 12-02-2004, 05:59 PM
frostyrock7c

I had feathering with the stock 17's on my 04 Enthusiast, but when I changed to 245/45ZR17's and 275/40ZR18's with an alignment, the problem was solved

Quick Reply: Feathering poll