Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^how much was that rapfix QRS??
Old 03-31-2010, 05:54 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ SMITTY
Sweet and simple...

As far as advantages go...it doesn't feel like I am driving a bus anymore. I can't believe it took me so long to do this. I never used cruise control and don't care much for airbags so why not? haha. The car feels more responsive.
i like!

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 03-31-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:51 PM
ctwentytwo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...to match the e-brake.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:19 AM
synth19

^ That looks great! But I'm confused... do you have two steering wheels? This one flows much better then the pic posted on the previous page:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/...1ae634c2_o.jpg

The red stitching kinda bothered me.....
Old 04-02-2010, 05:24 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

I think ct is trying to have one for each day of the week....
Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 AM
ctwentytwo

Originally Posted by synth19
^ That looks great! But I'm confused... do you have two steering wheels? This one flows much better then the pic posted on the previous page:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/...1ae634c2_o.jpg

The red stitching kinda bothered me.....
Ahem... cough... Three steering wheels... and two QR's.

Nardi Basic One, Momo Montecarlo, and the Personal Neo Grinta.

Why three steering wheels? Cause I couldn't find the perfect one. The Neo Grinta was chosen because I chose to go a different route and get the Nardi eBrake. Unfortunately, I wanted a 330mm wheel and Nardi only had the Classic which style I don't like, and the Deep Corn Rally, which is has a deep offset, which wasn't going to fly too.

So I was forced to go to the next feasible brand, Personal, which is a Brand Nardi manufactures. Unfotunately, most of their wheels have Yellow stich, some in Red, and a little in blue. The one with black stitch and I really like, the Fitti E1 only came in 350mm.

So I thought I'd try the Momo Montecarlo 320mm and maybe change the eBrake if I liked it better... and I do. The grip ergonomics is better and has a black stitch, which matches my interior better than the Neo Grinta. Unfortunately, it's too plain looking, and I like the Nardi eBrake too much cause it's unique on my 350z... (for the time being, damn, I just saw someone got one ). Having a Momo wheel and Nardi eBrake would be complete heresy!

So... I went with the 75th Anniversary Nardi Basic One. It matches the best because of the silver metal and because it's a Nardi. Unfortunately, it's 350mm... like I said above, the only 330mm ones from Nardi I do not like, although the 330mm classic ticks most boxes- it's 330mm, it has silver stitching like my boots, has silver metal to match the silver trimming of the 350z interior... but I just don't like the spoke styling.

So I bought another QR, so I can use the Momo Montecarlo for most driving... the 320mm size and thicker grip feels great. There's even index finger indentations at 10 and 2 o'clock. The Nardi will be used every once in a while too. The skinner grip will give a change of pace. The Neo Grinta will be used at times also.

But I did find out that you can't have too much steering wheels. They are like flavors... gives welcome variety.

Seriously, I will get that Classic 330mm silver stitch some day... and maybe the Personal Fitti E1... .....

Originally Posted by MethodRN
I think ct is trying to have one for each day of the week....
No... no... no....

One for each month...

Last edited by ctwentytwo; 04-02-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:15 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The new steering wheel looks really nice! I hope you're keeping this one
Old 04-02-2010, 11:42 AM
ctwentytwo

Originally Posted by leemik
The new steering wheel looks really nice! I hope you're keeping this one
'sup Mike... miss seeing new pics of your Z.

BTW, I'm keeping 'em all. Got 2 QRS quick releases so I can switch out between two with no problem.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:40 PM
leemik
!

^^Erwin U ballar

I'm planning on a double photoshoot with the Z and the M real soon.. Just as soon as the Z gets out of the body shop.. She's getting re-sprayed and refinished.. After 6 years of ownership, the car was starting to look like one of those cars you see at car shows from far away where oh man hot.. but then you get close and see how beat it is lol
Old 04-02-2010, 12:50 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love that Nardi steering wheel! Still looking for a deep corn for myself just can't justify the price right now when the personal is so awesome as well.

I'm looking for trade my person grinta 350mm (mint) for another Nardi or personal steering wheel

IMG_3291.jpg?t=1270241212
Old 04-02-2010, 01:17 PM
ctwentytwo

^^Erwin U ballar

I'm planning on a double photoshoot with the Z and the M real soon.. Just as soon as the Z gets out of the body shop.. She's getting re-sprayed and refinished.. After 6 years of ownership, the car was starting to look like one of those cars you see at car shows from far away where oh man hot.. but then you get close and see how beat it is lol
Ballar... no. An affinity towards expensive parts that my budget really is on the edge of supporting... yes.

Post that shoot so you can inspire some of the 350z newbs that are popping up all over this forum.

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Love that Nardi steering wheel! Still looking for a deep corn for myself just can't justify the price right now when the personal is so awesome as well.

I'm looking for trade my person grinta 350mm (mint) for another Nardi or personal steering wheel
Sup dude, glad we can have common ground other than photography arguments.

Just giving you a slight nudge toward that Nardi Deep Corn Rally... somebody had it here locally, and it feels great. Loved the perforated feel. Also, you'll either hate or love the smaller 330mm feel, if you haven't already tried a smaller wheel.

Best of all...

JHPUSA has it on sale for $250... and you'll get 10% off with the JHP10 coupon code. So you can get it for $225.

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=258

$225 is a drop in the bucket compared to all that fancy photo equipment that you're getting.

Last edited by ctwentytwo; 04-02-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:48 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
Ballar... no. An affinity towards expensive parts that my budget really is on the edge of supporting... yes.

Post that shoot so you can inspire some of the 350z newbs that are popping up all over this forum.

Sup dude, glad we can have common ground other than photography arguments.

Just giving you a slight nudge toward that Nardi Deep Corn Rally... somebody had it here locally, and it feels great. Loved the perforated feel. Also, you'll either hate or love the smaller 330mm feel, if you haven't already tried a smaller wheel.

Best of all...

JHPUSA has it on sale for $250... and you'll get 10% off with the JHP10 coupon code. So you can get it for $225.

$225 is a drop in the bucket compared to all that fancy photo equipment that you're getting.
Damn I'm checking it out right now! Seems like a steal! I'm really close to pulling the trigger for it! Looks sooo sexy! I'm wondering if I should get the perforated leather or suede...? Thoughts?

As for the camera stuff, it's all good bro. I know photographers HATES eachother! lol But most people don't know that I'm actually not all that attached to Nikon or any other brands. I might shoot differently in terms of style, and equipment, but I'm always down for learning new things. I think we'd all trail behind time if we don't open up and accept that maybe someone else has a better way of doing something. In fact, I almost switched to a full Canon outfit with a 5D MkII earlier this week (I need more resolution for my work). I didn't in the end but that's not because the 5D Mk II isn't a great camera, it's just not sturdy enough for me and Canon's 24-70mm L (a work-horse lens I would need) is 5 years past due to an upgrade! So I'm holding out to see what Nikon and Canon comes up with next. I'm always up for switching if it means making me shoot easier, faster, and better

Btw, I'm really interested in going to HI! Is summer a good time to go?

Last edited by AlvinHuyN; 04-02-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:40 PM
leemik
!

Erwin...you know.. actually that's not a bad idea.. I mean we already have the quick release.. why not buy a few I like and just swap steering wheels every now and then to change up the look and feel... 330mm 350mm 380mm who cares it should be a quick change..thanks for the tip

and i dunno about the n00bs now.. they sure got hot Z's these days.. sure is more than before.. a lot of the old school ppl that haven't kept up to date, their cars are looking dated now..

Last edited by leemik; 04-02-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:43 PM
ctwentytwo

Damn I'm checking it out right now! Seems like a steal! I'm really close to pulling the trigger for it! Looks sooo sexy! I'm wondering if I should get the perforated leather or suede...? Thoughts?

As for the camera stuff, it's all good bro. I know photographers HATES eachother! lol But most people don't know that I'm actually not all that attached to Nikon or any other brands. I might shoot differently in terms of style, and equipment, but I'm always down for learning new things. I think we'd all trail behind time if we don't open up and accept that maybe someone else has a better way of doing something. In fact, I almost switched to a full Canon outfit with a 5D MkII earlier this week (I need more resolution for my work). I didn't in the end but that's not because the 5D Mk II isn't a great camera, it's just not sturdy enough for me and Canon's 24-70mm L (a work-horse lens I would need) is 5 years past due to an upgrade! So I'm holding out to see what Nikon and Canon comes up with next. I'm always up for switching if it means making me shoot easier, faster, and better

Btw, I'm really interested in going to HI! Is summer a good time to go?
I hear suede is better feeling, but not as durable as regular leather. Seems like most motorsports racers prefer the suede though.

Erwin...you know.. actually that's not a bad idea.. I mean we already have the quick release.. why not buy a few I like and just swap steering wheels every now and then to change up the look and feel... 330mm 350mm 380mm who cares it should be a quick change..thanks for the tip

and i dunno about the n00bs now.. they sure got hot Z's these days.. sure is more than before.. a lot of the old school ppl that haven't kept up to date, their cars are looking dated now..
The thing is though, the Rapfix II is $300 and the Rapfix QRS is $200. I wish they sold just the portion that attatches to the steering wheel at half the price since you would only get "half" the product.

Besides the look, each steering wheel has it's own feel as far as texture/smoothness of the leather, and thickness of the rim, and size of the rim. When I was doing some research on steering wheels, this Bimmer guy had 4 steering wheels that he changed up on... that's where I got the idea.

Anyways... my workhorse: Momo Montecarlo 320mm. IMO, best feel of them all due to the rim thickness, thickest of them all, and also finger indentations at 10 and 2 o'clock. 320mm also is a great size for me... makes the foot heavier. Very plain though, which may appeal to some. Wheel sports HKB Sports silver screws from RHD. If baller bolts are too expensive, these are $12 from RHDJapan and also comes in gold. Good way to personalize your wheel, other than getting a different horn.

and a picture of the gang:

Last edited by ctwentytwo; 04-02-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:10 AM
synth19

Great... you guys have convinced me to get another steering wheel. heh... I guess getting another QR also makes sense for easy swaps. I really miss my old 330mm.

ctwentytwo- if stitching is the one thing that bothers you, there are places that will change out the stitching for you and look just like OEM.

Mike- I don't think much of the styling has changed much over the last several years.... pretty is still pretty... and ugly will always be ugly... the big thing now with the young bucks are the wheels and offsets.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:19 AM
synth19

I'm wondering if I should get the perforated leather or suede...? Thoughts?
Suede is pretty awesome dude. I should have picked up the team orange personal wheel in suede instead of leather, but too bad it is discontinued. I wouldn't be too concerned about suede wear unless you DD your car.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:51 PM
synth19

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
Best of all...

c22- You've been an inspiration. Picking up the Nardi from JHPUSA in suede and a second works bell quick release. I have a local guy here who's gonna swap the red stitching to orange for me (for about $40).

I'm going to go with the Works Bell Yoshioka Special Edition so it matches with the orange portion of the team orange quick release. Any vendors have this QR in stock?
Old 04-04-2010, 03:38 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking to spice up my MOMO steering wheel. I like the color of your horn, maybe even some gold screws might help add life to my wheel.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:47 PM
ctwentytwo

Originally Posted by synth19
c22- You've been an inspiration. Picking up the Nardi from JHPUSA in suede and a second works bell quick release. I have a local guy here who's gonna swap the red stitching to orange for me (for about $40).

I'm going to go with the Works Bell Yoshioka Special Edition so it matches with the orange portion of the team orange quick release.
LOL... It was you who got me to change my steering wheel. Only if Works Bell offered the wheel portion of the quick release...

Originally Posted by finalforce
I'm looking to spice up my MOMO steering wheel. I like the color of your horn, maybe even some gold screws might help add life to my wheel.
Or a different colored horn. Momo USA has different colored horns. The gold screws you can get from RHDJapan.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/hkb-sports-b...ews-gold-18091

Last edited by ctwentytwo; 04-04-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
synth19

don't forget about "baller bolts" if you guys want the burnt titanium look.

Quick Reply: Show Me Your Steering WheelZz!