Photoshoot with my M3's replacement...2006 Impulse Blue GTO

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:01 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by invazn
a porsche fan that had an m3 and now has a gto.. where does the z fit into all of this?
Its called "Troll". What a rice car...

Chris
Old 12-01-2007, 06:01 PM
kspec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
Yeah, GTOs are pretty nice. They have interior for a GM vehicle. Good power, subtle looks. Good buy. It's a huge upgrade from his previous BMW. What are your mod plans Porschefan?
i agree, whats up porsche!
what do you got plan.

keep at least us that is interested updated haha. v8 power would be so fun to have... (heck, i dont even care about gas prices anyway)
Old 12-01-2007, 06:02 PM
kspec

Originally Posted by NA&CH
Its called "Troll". What a rice car...

Chris
im NACH and my 2003 is the fasterest car in teh worldz.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:48 PM
teh_ginger

Thanks for the compliments everyone who gave them. I was just trying to show off some pictures of a different car...I love it when people post up other cars than M3's when I'm on M3forum or ls2gto...it's nice to have some variety. I have all kinds of plans for the car...right now, HID's, Corsa Sport exhaust, new bushings and sways, AP Racing brakes, and CCW's are at the top of the list.

For all the cry-babies, I've never once "bashed" 350z's...maybe some of their rice-tastic modifications...but not the car itself. So I don't really know what you're on about. This is the ONLY forum I've ever been on where so many owners hate to see owners of other cars on their forum. I just don't get it.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:35 PM
invazn

Originally Posted by kspec
nice GTO man, idk why the local old/nerd people are bashing on you though.
maybe its a jap vs american fight thing against kids who read stuff on the internet and think there 2003 350z is the besterest in teh worldz.
i didnt see too many people bashing him. some people suggested wheels, suspension and a blower. some people pointed out that he is the very guy that bashes the car which the forum is made for. some pointed out that m3's cost more than gto's. one guy even pointed out what this sub forum is intended for.

for the record, im neither old nor a nerd. out of curiosity though, how old are you, "kid?"
Old 12-01-2007, 09:36 PM
invazn

Originally Posted by porschefan1013
For all the cry-babies, I've never once "bashed" 350z's...maybe some of their rice-tastic modifications...but not the car itself. So I don't really know what you're on about. This is the ONLY forum I've ever been on where so many owners hate to see owners of other cars on their forum. I just don't get it.
^^ no one really showed hate towards you for owning a different car. just confusion.

Last edited by invazn; 12-01-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
bhendjol
achoooooo

Name:  haha2.gif
Views: 314
Size:  2.5 KB
I LOVE how everyone rags on porchefan on page one. Thanks guys.
I dont need to add more insult, rite?
What kind of camera and lense do you have, p-fan?
Too much noise on the pics.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:13 PM
teh_ginger

Originally Posted by bhendjol
Attachment 169310
I LOVE how everyone rags on porchefan on page one. Thanks guys.
I dont need to add more insult, rite?
What kind of camera and lense do you have, p-fan?
Too much noise on the pics.
Stop! You're supposed to be one of my new friends here.

I just used a crummy cybershot for these pics...the M3 photos were taken with a Canon 20D. I agree, some of the pics could have been better left for dead, but I just tossed em in for ***** and giggles.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:16 AM
HafAzn2nr

u replaced an M3 with that?
Old 12-02-2007, 08:39 AM
ctwentytwo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kspec
my friend has a GTO, its nice.

nice GTO man, idk why the local old/nerd people are bashing on you though.
maybe its a jap vs american fight thing against kids who read stuff on the internet and think there 2003 350z is the besterest in teh worldz.

but anywho, nice GTO! i cannot wait to get my 350z next week >.< haha.
More Australian than American.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:15 AM
saberphx

That GTO is easily the ugliest car in production. Smooth straight lines resembling a dodge neon. Shapeless uninspired body. It looks like a cross between a 1994 mustang and a dodge neon. Good for you though. I could'nt possibly ever imagine going from an m3 to that thing.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:33 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

i'm not a fan of GTO's.. they look too boring and bland for me
Old 12-02-2007, 09:48 AM
frenzy757

as a general car enthusiast, i can appreciate the GTO. Not my cup of tea however, I woulda kept the M3 e46? You do need pics of the interior and such.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:55 AM
cwest350

think its ugly. at least u like it
Old 12-02-2007, 09:56 AM
eltness350
The Untouchable

a M-3 to a GTSLO?? my buddy had one...heavy, makes A LOT of noise and goes no where.handles like a pig....kinda like MUSTANGS.....
Old 12-02-2007, 10:50 AM
itsjiggajames

Nice car.. should be pretty quick when modded.. but you shouldn't have let that e36 M go! I'm actually looking to pick a used one up.. that or E30M...
Old 12-02-2007, 10:50 AM
AlexBG

i woulda kept the M3 if i was you.

GTO's are pieces of crap my friend has owned a 5.7 and 6.0.... he hated them now he is in a 04 Cobra and he loves it.

If you were gonna go domestic you should of gotten a 03/04 Cobra.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:51 AM
teh_ginger

Yes, yes...I replaced my M3 with a GTO. Honestly, the E36 M3 is nothing to write home about. Mine was special, but only because I took a ridiculous amount of care with it and sank god only knows how much money into it.

Originally Posted by saberphx
That GTO is easily the ugliest car in production. Smooth straight lines resembling a dodge neon. Shapeless uninspired body. It looks like a cross between a 1994 mustang and a dodge neon. Good for you though. I could'nt possibly ever imagine going from an m3 to that thing.
I seriously think people confuse ugly with boring or bland. No, the car doesn't scream "hey, look at me" but I love its shape...its so smooth and easy on the eyes. It's simple, but I'd hardly call it ugly. I suppose if you associate a conservative design with ugliness, then yes, it's ugly. I love it.

Originally Posted by frenzy757
as a general car enthusiast, i can appreciate the GTO. Not my cup of tea however, I woulda kept the M3 e46? You do need pics of the interior and such.
This is what I like to hear. It's not for everyone, but it's a heck of a performance car.

Originally Posted by eltness350
a M-3 to a GTSLO?? my buddy had one...heavy, makes A LOT of noise and goes no where.handles like a pig....kinda like MUSTANGS.....
I don't know how you consider a car that easily breaks 12's with headers and tune a slow one. And they also handle quite well. With a bushing upgrade and sways, it's a formidable track car. But I could really care less about all this handling shmandling crap everybody gripes about like their some kind of race car driver. It's more than sufficient for my purposes.

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
Nice car.. should be pretty quick when modded.. but you shouldn't have let that e36 M go! I'm actually looking to pick a used one up.. that or E30M...
It's quick with or without mods. And go for it...you'll love either. If I could have kept the M, I would have.

Originally Posted by AlexBG
i woulda kept the M3 if i was you.

GTO's are pieces of crap my friend has owned a 5.7 and 6.0.... he hated them now he is in a 04 Cobra and he loves it.

If you were gonna go domestic you should of gotten a 03/04 Cobra.
Like I said, I would have if I could have. But it would have been utterly pointless to keep all that money tied up in it. I can have more fun with the GTO this way.

We'll see how the reliability plays out. Believe me, I have my reservations, but I'm going to give it a chance. Besides, that's what warranties are for.

And if he thinks that a GTO is a piece of crap but a FORD Cobra isn't, then his opinion isn't worth much. Yes, they're fun, especially for boost junkies, but they aren't reliable or high quality.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Apanther

Wow From an BMW to a Pontiac damn the economy is in a recession =/
LOL!!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:12 PM
JAMESZ

Originally Posted by eltness350
I have a 2006 GTO for my primary car, and while 3,760lbs isn't light, it isn't that noticeable. They actually handle really well, it isn't some solid rear piece of junk... It's a semi-trailing arm IRS set-up.

I don't see how you think it makes alot of noise... This is perhaps the quietest car I've ever had when cruising around town or on the interstate. No road noise, no wind noise, and a really nice suspension for interstate driving.

I know that it will go somewhere... for example my friends NA 350Z with headers back exhaust, plenum, intake, cams, software, and some more gets walked pretty bad by my down to the paper filter stock GTO.

In the end it's a whole different car than the 350Z and the Mustang... The Aussie's did a good job building an awesome GT car. The style might not be for everyone, but I personally like the conservative styling, the leather interior, 400hp and 400tq, and independent suspension.

Quick Reply: Photoshoot with my M3's replacement...2006 Impulse Blue GTO