Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Photoshoot with my M3's replacement...2006 Impulse Blue GTO

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Devil Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I raced on once. Some guy with his son sitting in the passenger seat pointed at my car and started laughing/smiling. I just looked at him and smiled, and when the light turned green we both launched our cars. I didn't get to see the look on his face as I put a substantial amount of car lengths on the fool.

Fast car in a straight line, but I thought someone like you would've gotten an E46 M3 or something . . .
Old 12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Beka Z
Banned

looks nice! i'm from Germantown as welL!
Old 12-02-2007, 04:29 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Devil Z
I raced on once. Some guy with his son sitting in the passenger seat pointed at my car and started laughing/smiling. I just looked at him and smiled, and when the light turned green we both launched our cars. I didn't get to see the look on his face as I put a substantial amount of car lengths on the fool.

Fast car in a straight line, but I thought someone like you would've gotten an E46 M3 or something . . .
i raced one too.. i put about 10 cars on him.. then i ran into an 300C SRT-8.. he put up a better fight
Old 12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
teh_ginger

Originally Posted by Devil Z

What a tool...I'm glad you beat him. The E46 was on my list, but I wanted to deviate from the BMW thing for a bit. It never appealed to me all that much. I was tempted to do a S50B32 (321hp euro engine) engine swap into my car, but I realised the complete impracticality of it, so I opted to try something different. And I've always craved some muscle. So here I am, with the GTO and a great big list of plans.

I will admit, I came very close to purchasing a NISMO 350z...I had my name down for a white one that would have come in this month. Hopefully I won't live to regret my decision.

Originally Posted by Beka Z
looks nice! i'm from Germantown as welL!
Good deal! There are actually a few Germantown members around here...I know of one with a recently purchased 07 NISMO. I'll be back in town in a few weeks, but I'm in Knoxville at UT right now.

Originally Posted by doug
i raced one too.. i put about 10 cars on him.. then i ran into an 300C SRT-8.. he put up a better fight
You're very sneaky not posting your mods. I had to do a quick bit of research before I opened my big mouth. However, I don't know how I feel about 10 cars...that's quite a bit...and then an SRT-8, a car that isn't really any quicker than the goat, fairing a bit better against you. What's "better"? 9.5 car lengths?
Old 12-02-2007, 06:01 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by porschefan1013
You're very sneaky not posting your mods. I had to do a quick bit of research before I opened my big mouth. However, I don't know how I feel about 10 cars...that's quite a bit...and then an SRT-8, a car that isn't really any quicker than the goat, fairing a bit better against you. What's "better"? 9.5 car lengths?
huh? all i have is an exhaust and intake

well fairing better is a bad statment.. i should say was a better sport.. they kept running after and we gave each other thumbs up.. the GTO guy just lost and decided to hang back then take the local section of the NJTPK

i actually found the 300c guys on their forum..

was pretty intersting

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/nor...nov-5th-2.html
Old 12-02-2007, 09:05 PM
alan86

m3>gto
Old 12-03-2007, 07:24 AM
MikeNT256

Why all the haters against GTO's? Good ol 400 hp in a comfortable coupe! Spend a couple grand and get the suspension tightened up and you'll have a serious threat against a M3.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:45 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice Sunfire.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 AM
JAMESZ

Originally Posted by phreaktor
Nice Sunfire.
Nice Altima.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:01 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Originally Posted by JAMESZ
Nice Altima.

Z looks nothing like a Altima

However...

Old 12-03-2007, 08:11 AM
JAMESZ

There is as much resemblance between a GTO and a Sunfire as there is a Z and Altima. The lines aren't the same, the shape isn't the same, nothing is the same... However, the Altima is closer to the 350Z since it at least shares a common motor.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:14 AM
MikeNT256

If you wanna talk resemblences, the GTO looks more like a Cavalier. Rounded front ends, same taillights in the rear. However, whatever it looks like, it'll certaintly surprise the unexpecting.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:18 AM
JAMESZ

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
If you wanna talk resemblences, the GTO looks more like a Cavalier. Rounded front ends, same taillights in the rear. However, whatever it looks like, it'll certaintly surprise the unexpecting.
There really still isn't any resemblance there. The tail lights are nothing alike and continue onto the rear trunk, the front end is more angular, and the entire car has more sharp lines. The GTO is a more conservatively styled car, it doesn't have the "look at me" appearances that most other 400hp GT cars have, but it isn't a cavalier in style by any means.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:21 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

However...

Grand Prix

yeah ZERO resemblance. Look at the side glass, the line of the hood, the roofline. It has the same fundamentals which are inherent to the design... In fact it's more of a Sunfire/Grand Prix hybrid.

Last edited by phreaktor; 12-03-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:29 AM
JAMESZ

Grand Prix

yeah ZERO resemblance. Look at the side glass, the line of the hood, the roofline. It has the same fundamentals which are inherent to the design... In fact it's more of a Sunfire/Grand Prix hybrid.
Because, lots of cars don't have triangular rear windows... You could say the same about roof lines for any two door car with a back seat. But, think what you want... the GTO makes an awesome DD for me, and at least I don't have civics, mustangs bothering me like they do in the Z.

Edit... A Monaro front bumper fixes those stupid kidney grills Pontiac added on.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:43 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Originally Posted by JAMESZ
Because, lots of cars don't have triangular rear windows... You could say the same about roof lines for any two door car with a back seat. But, think what you want... the GTO makes an awesome DD for me, and at least I don't have civics, mustangs bothering me like they do in the Z.

Edit... A Monaro front bumper fixes those stupid kidney grills Pontiac added on.
I'm not ragging on the car. I think they are nice looking. I'm just saying that the first thing I think of when I see them on the road is a Sunfire or Grand prix... You could photoshop the top half of the sunfire up there onto the GTO and not even notice.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:17 AM
bhendjol
achoooooo

Old 12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Engine is what makes that car acceptable. Ive raced some pretty nasty GTO's but never lost to one, regardless the performance cant be questioned.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:06 PM
teh_ginger

Given that I typically have no problem tossing my opinion out there, I seldom have a problem with other peoples' opinions, be them negative or positive. You can call the car ugly or plain...that doesn't bother me...but to say that it resembles a Sunfire...it's so pathetically cliche, unoriginal, and just totally stupid.

A GTO looks like a Sunfire in the way that Beyonce looks like Mo'Nique...they're both black, they both have a pair of *******, they have eyes and a mouth, 2 arms and 2 legs, etc...etc...from a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way away, you MIGHT...might mistake the two. But in reality, Beyonce looks nothing like Mo'Nique's fatass and a GTO looks nothing like a fugly little turd Sunfire, and if you think they do, you're either blind or total idiot, I don't know if there's a nicer way to put it.

Last edited by teh_ginger; 12-03-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
teh_ginger

Originally Posted by Alberto
Engine is what makes that car acceptable. Ive raced some pretty nasty GTO's but never lost to one, regardless the performance cant be questioned.
You've got a badass car...I wouldn't expect too much of anything to hang with you. But I'm sure there are more than a couple twin turbo goats out there that would put a hurtin on ya. The trouble is finding one.

Quick Reply: Photoshoot with my M3's replacement...2006 Impulse Blue GTO