Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Photoshoot with my M3's replacement...2006 Impulse Blue GTO

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:47 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Ahhh big man Doug... I have no reason to prove crap to you when others on here even know that the Stillen one is the more reliable setup over the Vortech or ATI. It has been talked about in the past, many years ago for that matter.
I don't know what world you live in.. but in the world i live in.. usually when you have a debate/argument with someone you provide proof. Solo i hope you don't plan on being a lawyer one day.. i can see you telling the judge that your client is innocent.. why? because you said so.. and why? because you don't have to prove crap.. why? because EVERYONE knows your client is INNOCENT.

now back to the real world.. when we have debates.. we tend to provide proof and then the facts are weighed and a determintation is made. Your claim of 20 vortech motors blow to every 1 stillen motor has still yet to be proven. I showed you 2 blown stillen motors .. not claims i heard.. but actual threads where the owners have posted.. and you have shown me 0 .. thats right 0.. a big fat 0 .. if you want people to believe anything you say in the future you might want to back it up with some form of proof.. just a thought..

Vortech has always had issues with their blowers, on the Mustangs, GM products, Maximas for that matter, and so on. I have yet to hear of any issues with the Stillen ones.
1st off.. we are talking about Z's... second .. Stillen makes the SuperCharger Kit for the maxima regardless what blower .. its a stillen kit. so if the motor is blown.. which maxima motors never blow off stillen kits.. hardly if any.. it would have been stillen's fault since the manufactured the kit.

you have yet to hear of any stillen SC's blowing motors on a Z? I JUST GAVE YOU HARD EVIDENCE.. CAN YOU NOT READ?

Anyways, we should stay on topic Doug, since you always have a problem with getting topics off topic and start flame wars.....
the current topic at hand is your pigheadedness.. no one is flaming you.. we are meerly asking you to provide proof.. for which you still havn't been able to. You remind me of a 5 year old girl.. they just talk talk talk all day long and make no damn sense.. yap yap yap
Old 12-04-2007, 05:49 AM
doug

Originally Posted by porschefan1013
....and got the ball rolling. But now that the fire has started burning in your direction, you want to get "back on topic", which I presume is more bashing of me and my car. Like I said...you're a pretty pathetic, bullsh1t talking, low-life individual who can't win an argument to save his life.
i think this sum's up SOLO's arguments

Old 12-04-2007, 05:56 AM
bhendjol
achoooooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djnc350Z
but why this forum?...do you have a bunch of friends that own Z's?...do you want to buy a Z someday?...why a Z forum?

...and no thanks on the M3 forum...i really don't see the point in posting on a forum for a car you don't have

He fits well here along with some a$$hats.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:12 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
the current topic at hand is your pigheadedness.. no one is flaming you.. we are meerly asking you to provide proof.. for which you still havn't been able to. You remind me of a 5 year old girl.. they just talk talk talk all day long and make no damn sense.. yap yap yap

Originally Posted by whitebwoy
Why is this thread here? Isn't there a place for miscellaneous crap like this?

+1

SOLO just dropp it d00d... THe vortech and the stillen S/Cs are both very equally reliable kits...period. The vortech can put more power and the recent problems with the vortech kit has not turn out any blown engines ..just an anoying process to spending more time fixing the issue witch they rectified.... are you happy with your stillen kit... if yes then just enjoy it and drop this senseless arguement and you will stop getting pwnd by doug, cause he is right .... we will all wait 10 years and you will still wont come up with the proof of your arguments

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 12-04-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:25 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 960 Likes on 725 Posts

^funny thing is, solo-350z doesnt have a stillen kit or any FI at all on his z. There are so many things solo-350z is wrong about and Ive called him out on these boards before for it. He seems like hed make a good politician. Hes full of chit, keeps expanding his argument (its now vortech failures/blown motors on any car ever made vs stillen sc's on just 350z's.) and doesnt listen to the other side of the argument. He seems to be able to ignore facts and to pass on information that hes heard like its his own.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:44 AM
realdealg35

Originally Posted by blasian
I beg to differ. I considered looking to get one when I was looking to have rear seats. I drove my friend's GTO and I'm happy I didn't get one. Sure it pulls in a straight line, but as soon as I turned the damn thing made me happy I was driving a Z.
It's not for everyone There are things that a Z is stronger at than a GTO, and things a GTO is stronger at than a Z - just depends on what you want.

GTO factory springs are notoriously soft, by the way. A good set of aftermarket springs and poly bushings completely transform the handling characteristics of the car. Weight reduction makes a world of difference too.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:22 AM
JAMESZ

Anyways, we should stay on topic Doug, since you always have a problem with getting topics off topic and start flame wars.....
So why are you here... in this thread?
Old 12-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Sea Bass

I'm not getting involved with the flame war, but why are there so many other people who have a problem with a guy posting a non-Z up here for us to look at? So it's a Z forum... so what? I thought we were car enthusiasts. You like the GTO or you don't... fine, but can't we drop the boys' club mentality?

To the OP, GTOs are not my thing visually (that bloated, side-slab look kills it for me), but I recognize how ludicrously powerful and easy to mod those cars are. And I love the colour-coded interiors of the GTOs. Great car... but I think I liked your E36 more
Old 12-04-2007, 08:24 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what world you live in.. but in the world i live in.. usually when you have a debate/argument with someone you provide proof. Solo i hope you don't plan on being a lawyer one day.. i can see you telling the judge that your client is innocent.. why? because you said so.. and why? because you don't have to prove crap.. why? because EVERYONE knows your client is INNOCENT.

now back to the real world.. when we have debates.. we tend to provide proof and then the facts are weighed and a determintation is made. Your claim of 20 vortech motors blow to every 1 stillen motor has still yet to be proven. I showed you 2 blown stillen motors .. not claims i heard.. but actual threads where the owners have posted.. and you have shown me 0 .. thats right 0.. a big fat 0 .. if you want people to believe anything you say in the future you might want to back it up with some form of proof.. just a thought..

1st off.. we are talking about Z's... second .. Stillen makes the SuperCharger Kit for the maxima regardless what blower .. its a stillen kit. so if the motor is blown.. which maxima motors never blow off stillen kits.. hardly if any.. it would have been stillen's fault since the manufactured the kit.

you have yet to hear of any stillen SC's blowing motors on a Z? I JUST GAVE YOU HARD EVIDENCE.. CAN YOU NOT READ?

I won't continue argueing over the internet. Waste of time. But I will say Vortech made the SC for the 4th and 5th gen Maxima, and was the only company who did make one at the time.

So you rather go by a few posts on here that a few have blown motors with the Stillen, but ignore the few that have happened to Vortech on this forum alone, then so be it.

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=131 Hmm especially that poll..seems we got many more Vortechs and other brands than 1 Stillen. Enough said.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 12-04-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:27 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
^funny thing is, solo-350z doesnt have a stillen kit or any FI at all on his z. There are so many things solo-350z is wrong about and Ive called him out on these boards before for it. He seems like hed make a good politician. Hes full of chit, keeps expanding his argument (its now vortech failures/blown motors on any car ever made vs stillen sc's on just 350z's.) and doesnt listen to the other side of the argument. He seems to be able to ignore facts and to pass on information that hes heard like its his own.

I have seen the facts enough to know which is the best to go with. Especially when Nissan Sport Magazine even told me.

Yes I don't own one on my Z, obviously because they don't have one yet. But I have installed several on other cars, G35's Mustangs, Maximas, etc.

Really? Please provide links on where YOU called me out. lol
Old 12-04-2007, 08:29 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Z Phil
I'm not getting involved with the flame war, but why are there so many other people who have a problem with a guy posting a non-Z up here for us to look at? So it's a Z forum... so what? I thought we were car enthusiasts. You like the GTO or you don't... fine, but can't we drop the boys' club mentality?

To the OP, GTOs are not my thing visually (that bloated, side-slab look kills it for me), but I recognize how ludicrously powerful and easy to mod those cars are. And I love the colour-coded interiors of the GTOs. Great car... but I think I liked your E36 more

I don't think anyone would have a issue with him, if he didn't take a stab at everything regarding the Z vs other cars. The guy has a history of that. Reason why you see many in the 1st page of this thread attacking him.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Sea Bass

I don't think anyone would have a issue with him, if he didn't take a stab at everything regarding the Z vs other cars. The guy has a history of that. Reason why you see many in the 1st page of this thread attacking him.
Actually, I disagree with you. I don't post as much as others, but I have read a ton of threads containing both his posts, and yours. And with all due respect, I've never seen him do anything close to hating. He's skeptical and doesn't believe in press clippings. Neither do I. He uses logic to structure his arguments. So do I. He wants independent verification of lap times. So do I. All those people on page one calling for his head are people who get butthurt over hearing an opinion that is unlike their own.

And for the record, I am a Z owner and I love my car, but I see nothing wrong with critical appraisal, or (gasp!) appreciating other cars on their merits, too.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:13 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let's just all let it go. seriously. This is ridiculous. People make quick assumptions with Porschefan because of his username then when he makes his remarks about either the z or the gtr. I made that mistake with him as well but we took it to the PMs and he's a normal guy just like everyone else. He's not that type of person that agrees with everyone which is a good thing. We don't want anything candy coated on my350z anyways. Opinions are always different. Look how well he is taking all the negative criticism of this whole thread. He's doing quite well.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:38 AM
doug

I won't continue argueing over the internet. Waste of time. But I will say Vortech made the SC for the 4th and 5th gen Maxima, and was the only company who did make one at the time.

So you rather go by a few posts on here that a few have blown motors with the Stillen, but ignore the few that have happened to Vortech on this forum alone, then so be it.

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=131 Hmm especially that poll..seems we got many more Vortechs and other brands than 1 Stillen. Enough said.
find me a "Vortech SC" Kit for a Nissan Maxima.. i will paypal you $20
Old 12-04-2007, 09:40 AM
SuperBlack350z

can i play Doug? I could use 20 bucks.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:42 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-Maxi...lip-11466.html As an example.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...6c00bfdbaa.htm

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/car/492877497.html

and so on.

Doug you of all people know there has and was a SC Vortech kit for the 4th and 5th gen Maximas. lol.

Edit: It just came to me that I see what you are doing now Doug. Wow, are you that much of a idiot? Vortech MAKES the blower, not Stillen. Stillen provides the KIT. It might be a Stillen Kit, but it's a vortech blower and Vortech Accessories.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 12-04-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:47 AM
vq joe
Banned

wow, i read a lot of useless junk to get here. any way i test drove a GTO b4 i bought my Z. everything about the goat felt distant. i mean the steering was horrible(in the fact that it had very little communication to the driver) the handling was beyond bad for a sportscar, my mustangs was better, and yeah when you punched it, it went, went really fast, but i couldnt feel the speed if you know what i mean. i did like they way the interior looked, but the leather seats were a little unconfortable. it wasnt bad, just not great.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:50 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by vq joe
wow, i read a lot of useless junk to get here. any way i test drove a GTO b4 i bought my Z. everything about the goat felt distant. i mean the steering was horrible(in the fact that it had very little communication to the driver) the handling was beyond bad for a sportscar, my mustangs was better, and yeah when you punched it, it went, went really fast, but i couldnt feel the speed if you know what i mean. i did like they way the interior looked, but the leather seats were a little unconfortable. it wasnt bad, just not great.
It has a flat torque curve. It's not a bad thing. If you want a car that you want to "feel" the power, get a vw gti and wait until the turbo kick in. It seems you want a car that feels faster than a car that is faster.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:20 AM
doug

Stillen makes the SuperCharger Kit for the maxima regardless what blower .. its a stillen kit. so if the motor is blown.. which maxima motors never blow off stillen kits.. hardly if any.. it would have been stillen's fault since the manufactured the kit.

Edit: It just came to me that I see what you are doing now Doug. Wow, are you that much of a idiot? Vortech MAKES the blower, not Stillen. Stillen provides the KIT. It might be a Stillen Kit, but it's a vortech blower and Vortech Accessories.

if you took your head out your as$ and read people's post you would have realized that ages ago.. I am the Head Admin of Maxima.org .. i owned 2 maxima's one of which had Forced Induction.. please don't insult my intelligence when it comes to maxima's.. i know more about maxima's than i do Z's.. and thats saying a hell of alot
Old 12-04-2007, 10:22 AM
EM-EFER

I guess this is why you are SOLO 350z.

Quick Reply: Photoshoot with my M3's replacement...2006 Impulse Blue GTO