Notices

DFW Tech Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:18 PM
SpEcToR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is also that car show/hockey game thing going on in allen that evening...if everyone hooks up their rides, some guys can roll out there...i think it's like 26 or 27 bux for car show entry, t-shirt, and ticket to the hockey game...
Old 02-19-2010, 03:37 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by drifter5
Quick question.

I have a lot of stuff I want to knock out that day but unfortunately I won't be there till 3 because of work.

Main things I would like to get done that day if possible.
-front and rear rotors changed
-SS brake lines installed
-front and rear pads changed
-brake system flushed
-Front lower inner bushings changed

I would also like to change my tranny and diff fluid out that day, but it's not on the top of my list since I can knock that out myself easily. The other stuff...not so much because I have never done it before.

I honestly don't know how long it will take to do all of these things but I am willing to buy some pizza and provide beer if I could get some people to help me knock these out. That's of course Jason wouldn't mind us staying a little late?
Im sure there will be plenty of folk still around at that time. PM'ing you about the bolded items above..

Originally Posted by SpEcToR
there is also that car show/hockey game thing going on in allen that evening...if everyone hooks up their rides, some guys can roll out there...i think it's like 26 or 27 bux for car show entry, t-shirt, and ticket to the hockey game...
Hmmmmm...drive from Grande Prairie to Allen....
Old 02-19-2010, 03:49 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by drifter5
Quick question.

I have a lot of stuff I want to knock out that day but unfortunately I won't be there till 3 because of work.

Main things I would like to get done that day if possible.
-front and rear rotors changed
-SS brake lines installed
-front and rear pads changed
-brake system flushed
-Front lower inner bushings changed

I would also like to change my tranny and diff fluid out that day, but it's not on the top of my list since I can knock that out myself easily. The other stuff...not so much because I have never done it before.

I honestly don't know how long it will take to do all of these things but I am willing to buy some pizza and provide beer if I could get some people to help me knock these out. That's of course Jason wouldn't mind us staying a little late?
Originally Posted by AcidJake75
Im sure there will be plenty of folk still around at that time. PM'ing you about the bolded items above..
yeah i do expect that people will be staying till after then.....

if anything pm me with your contact info, cause who knows exactly how long, etc this day will turn out.

either way, If we can get two guys doing the jacking/rotor removal, etc, then i myself can be doing the lower bushing swap for you while you guys do the other stuff.....of course ill quarterback the process so we get it done....

with help, i dont see any of that taking to long really..

-J
Old 02-19-2010, 03:53 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

I actually checked the mail and went through the circulars...........

I got the Little Caesar's and Pizza Hut coupons for party pack pizza offers, etc...

If anyone has more of those coupons they can please bring them so we can make two big orders under two names and pick up a bunch of pizza's for lunch......

once again, everyone bring some small bill cash (1's, 5's & maybe a 10) to pitch in for lunch.

Depending on how it goes for this First Tech day im thinking maybe the next one we can coordinate a dedicated set of people that willl man the grill............and next time well do BBQ and everyone can pitch in for that........

I didn't wanna complicate or do too much this first time around Cause i wanted to FOCUS ON FIXING CARS MAN!

So figured pizza would be easiest....and fast!

There is a Little Ceasars and a Pizza Hut less than a mile from my house..........along with a bunch of other places as well if anyone doesnt want pizza. (subway, chik-fil-A, McD's, Quizno's, Chilli's, Jack in the box, Sonic)

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 02-19-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:51 AM
zrzly?

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
Hmmmmm...drive from Grande Prairie to Allen....
drive from McKinney to GP, back, lol. getting closerrrrrrrr probably sticking to major fluid changes, might just knock out a simple oil change just to turn a wrench lol.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:30 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

UPDATE - list bump!

# --- Screen Name -Real name-- Car --- Mod to install

1 – JasonZ-YA- Jason – 350Z – Suspension install mods/arms - will be dropping my car off at NTB down the street once done for alignment. also clutch bleed with wilwood products mod.
2. AcidJake75 - 350z - Rear wiper delete (if its not done already) and help with installs and assist with beer drinkin..
3. - Fithamoto - 350Z - Will just be hanging...can't stay that long
4. - Corbin or Bluz370- 370z- mods spring mt mod (if its not done yet),and for sure diff and tranny fluid.
5 - Austin or AUS10TAT10US- 350Z - possibly need help painting headlights and handle, rear coilover adjustment (if not done already and yall can see my stock bumper blacked out and filled...just got it put on today!)
6. - Steve or Neverlift - 350z - SS brake lines and SS clutch Line. Flush clutch and brake fluid.
7. Squeaky350 - Jeremy - 350z - rear camber kit and toe bolts. lower car - coilovers already installed. stance
8. 3hree5ive0ero - Chris - 350Z - SS clutch line, flush clutch, hatch shocks (if not done).. maybe replace bushings
9. 05 ppw z33 - Joe - 350Z - SPL UCA's & dehazing headlights and maybe fixing minor scratches
10. LegionnaireZ - Anthony - 350z - Would like to see if the dehaze will work. since the 19s are back on would like to test fit spacers. Stage 2 Strut Hatch.
11. MrWatchDawg - Mo - 350z - need all fluids changed , and hopefully i can do exhaust if i have it by than
12. ppat1989 - Patrick - replace all 4 brake rotors
13. zrzly? and christinekay-Justin and Christine- basic fluid stuffs (oil change, tranny, and maybe clutch fluid. will bring four jackstands and tools.
14. Nipz - Justin - 07350z - Learning Mod

HELPER LIST:
1. DarkRoam - - ---
2. Gibbs
3. cow
4. quakerroatmeal - Thinking of bringing some cleaning supplies and showing folks how to properly clean/dry/clay bar/wax a car if anybody is interested.
5. tsar - Maybe coilover / camber arm install.
6. JLSGOZ (Jody) I can be a good gopheress
7. SpEcToR - Ryan - g35 - possibly rear camber and headlight dehazing

DRIFT EVENT - SUNDAY MARCH 7th
2. Nipz - watchin son
Old 02-20-2010, 11:47 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

EVERYONE PM ME WITH YOUR NAME, PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS VIA PM AND I WILL THEN GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER FOR THE LOCATION OF THIS MEET!

This meet is at my home and I of course want to be as cautious as anyone would with their home. I know most people that are coming but some I don't.

I will have a sign in sheet at the house for those that show up......

I will also have name tags for everyone!!!

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 02-20-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Mrdeuce01

hey guys im heading out from Denton anyone from the area rolling out to gp from the area? we can roll out there together. pm me
Old 02-20-2010, 12:02 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

^ welcome to the forum......add yourself to the list as a helper if your not gonna get any work done.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Mrdeuce01

i'll be attending the tech meet i'll be helping/spectating!! the denton area people hit me up so we can roll out together. either pm or txt 214.244.4845

Last edited by Mrdeuce01; 02-20-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: forgot to add that id be helping
Old 02-20-2010, 12:17 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

EVERYONE PM ME WITH YOUR NAME, PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS VIA PM AND I WILL THEN GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER FOR THE LOCATION OF THIS MEET!

This meet is at my home and I of course want to be as cautious as anyone would with their home. I know most people that are coming but some I don't.

I will have a sign in sheet at the house for those that show up......

I will also have name tags for everyone!!!

UPDATE - list bump!

1 – JasonZ-YA- Jason – 350Z – Suspension install mods/arms - will be dropping my car off at NTB down the street once done for alignment. also clutch bleed with wilwood products mod.
2. AcidJake75 - 350z - Rear wiper delete (if its not done already) and help with installs and assist with beer drinkin..
4. - Corbin or Bluz370- 370z- mods spring mt mod (if its not done yet),and for sure diff and tranny fluid.
5 - Austin or AUS10TAT10US- 350Z - possibly need help painting headlights and handle, rear coilover adjustment (if not done already and yall can see my stock bumper blacked out and filled...just got it put on today!)
6. - Steve or Neverlift - 350z - SS brake lines and SS clutch Line. Flush clutch and brake fluid.
7. Squeaky350 - Jeremy - 350z - rear camber kit and toe bolts. lower car - coilovers already installed. stance
8. 3hree5ive0ero - Chris - 350Z - SS clutch line, flush clutch, hatch shocks (if not done).. maybe replace bushings
9. 05 ppw z33 - Joe - 350Z - SPL UCA's & dehazing headlights and maybe fixing minor scratches
10. LegionnaireZ - Anthony - 350z - Would like to see if the dehaze will work. since the 19s are back on would like to test fit spacers. Stage 2 Strut Hatch.
11. MrWatchDawg - Mo - 350z - need all fluids changed , and hopefully i can do exhaust if i have it by than
13. zrzly? and christinekay-Justin and Christine- basic fluid stuffs (oil change, tranny, and maybe clutch fluid. will bring four jackstands and tools.

FOR ANYONE ELSE - ALL OTHERS MUST SIGN UP THAT THEY ARE COMING!!! RSVP AS THERE ARE LIMITED SPOTS AND LIMITED PARKING, ETC......I DONT WANT THIS EVENT TO GET OUT OF HAND! **** OFF NEIGHBORS, ETC...

ALL OTHERS - NOTE IF YOU PLAN TO HELP OR WATCH:
1. DarkRoam - - ---
2. Gibbs
3. cow
4. quakerroatmeal - HELPER -->Thinking of bringing some cleaning supplies and showing folks how to properly clean/dry/clay bar/wax a car if anybody is interested.
6. JLSGOZ (Jody) - HELPER --> I can be a good gopheress

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 02-20-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:19 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

any of you guys doing rear camber kit installs........i found the rear toe bolt for much cheaper here:

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...alignment.html
-J
Old 02-20-2010, 01:19 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Guys, please respect our host for this event.

Please provide him with the necessary info as requested. After all, this is a private home and he should be as cautious as possible for multiple reasons.

Let Jason know well in advance who is coming, what they're doing, personal info, etc. Everyone MUST RSVP!
Old 02-20-2010, 01:23 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Guys, please respect our host for this event.

Please provide him with the necessary info as requested. After all, this is a private home and he should be as cautious as possible for multiple reasons.

Let Jason know well in advance who is coming, what they're doing, personal info, etc. Everyone MUST RSVP!
thanks! yes i want to host DFW TECH DAY 2 maybe in july or something as well!

In order to do so, we need this tech day to roll smooth and blow over well with the neighbors, etc......

TECH DAY starts at 9am DONT come down my "residential" neighborhood WOT WOT on the throttle just because you see ten 350z cars parked down the road!

get what im saying guys!??!?

-J
Old 02-20-2010, 02:20 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Thumbs up Respect!

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
thanks! yes i want to host DFW TECH DAY 2 maybe in july or something as well!

In order to do so, we need this tech day to roll smooth and blow over well with the neighbors, etc......

TECH DAY starts at 9am DONT come down my "residential" neighborhood WOT WOT on the throttle just because you see ten 350z cars parked down the road!

get what im saying guys!??!?

-J
+100000000000

Of course boss.. I will be there in AM before it starts..

Fill me in tomorrow..

Cant wait.. going to be SO FREAKIN BALLER!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 03:43 PM
rcasas83

HELPER LIST:
1. DarkRoam - - ---
2. Gibbs
3. cow
4. quakerroatmeal - Thinking of bringing some cleaning supplies and showing folks how to properly clean/dry/clay bar/wax a car if anybody is interested.
6. JLSGOZ (Jody) I can be a good gopheress
8. rcasas83 - Robert - 350z -maybe install my cai and I wanna see how well the clay bar works

DRIFT EVENT - SUNDAY MARCH 7th
2. Nipz - watchin son
Old 02-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Nipz

Is anyone else bringing their significant others? or are girlfriends not permitted haha. My girlfriend would like to go, esp if other girls will be there.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:09 PM
zrzly?

Originally Posted by Nipz
Is anyone else bringing their significant others? or are girlfriends not permitted haha. My girlfriend would like to go, esp if other girls will be there.
there will be other women in attendance (no i'm not one).
Old 02-21-2010, 09:08 AM
MrWatchDawg

haha id bring mine but I think about 30 seconds into being there she will be bored outta her mind. She is gonan start complaing and shizz lol.

I mean hell she gets mad if i go over 70 mph lol
Old 02-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Squeaky350

My girl will be at the event with me.

Jake, she wants your girl to go also. lol

Quick Reply: DFW Tech Day