Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Ticket Numero Dos -- Just used up all my luck for the year

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 12:09 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No Radar Detector? I recently got a ticket because my radar detector volume was set on super low and music + bass super high, (also on a nice day like this one doing some spirited driving) saw some guy come running out in the street frantically waving his arms in the air telling me to stop. I saw he had a laser gun instead of radar, (impossible to detect laser until it hits you anyways) What's scarier than getting pulled over is getting pulled over with illegal toys in the car =X

Careful on nice days like these, cops will be outdoors ready with their radar gun
Old 11-09-2006, 12:13 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by abui01
No Radar Detector? I recently got a ticket because my radar detector volume was set on super low and music + bass super high, (also on a nice day like this one doing some spirited driving) saw some guy come running out in the street frantically waving his arms in the air telling me to stop. I saw he had a laser gun instead of radar, (impossible to detect laser until it hits you anyways) What's scarier than getting pulled over is getting pulled over with illegal toys in the car =X

Careful on nice days like these, cops will be outdoors ready with their radar gun
It's Illegal in bass ackwards VA ... the only State in the U.S. that doesn't allow them.

btw is was a laser gun ...
Old 11-09-2006, 01:15 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
It's Illegal in bass ackwards VA ... the only State in the U.S. that doesn't allow them.

btw is was a laser gun ...
Add DC to that list and your 100% acurate.

And I may note... "Its only cheating if the referee catches you"

Last edited by mdracer76; 11-10-2006 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:21 PM
05-Z

Yikes....sorry to hear. FFX would have pwned you! Often I see a cop right before the Willard exit, next to the shooting range.

Today was a nice day to drive around topless....I even saw Mike, but he had his top on.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:29 PM
BamBam

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Add DC to that list and your 00% acurate.
And I may note... "Its only cheating if the referee catches you"
Point to Note: Washington DC is not a state so Karl was 100% accurate in his first statement..

I run my K40 all the time and only turn it off when it is blaring at me and I can see the cop. Of course my benefit is it is completely hidden and can't be seen by the cop when he looks in my car.

For Laser, you need to this ... http://www.radarbusters.com/products/coatings/veil.asp

And this.. http://www.radarbusters.com/products...er/default.asp

Goodluck
--B
Old 11-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Integrity
Banned

Sounds like you got lucky Karl. I thanked an officer once before too. 101mph in a 55 and I didn't get arrested.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So how many points do you have now Karl?

Alberto <----no speeding violations in over 3 years
Old 11-09-2006, 04:00 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by Alberto
So how many points do you have now Karl?

Alberto <----no speeding violations in over 3 years
Well I didn't have a ticket for over 3 years til the Z purchase. Here's the thing, I never changed my Maryland License to VA. Both times I got pulled over I just claimed that had recently moved to VA. Needless to say none of my tickets that I got in VA transferred to MD points. I've had 4 tickets in VA in the past 6 years. None of them transferred to Maryland. I just pay the fine and that's it.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

VA points do you show up on your MD license,if your insurance company pulls your record for any reason, they are there. They likely havent pulled your record for any claims in years so they dont know.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Draven

If I am correct Laser is still not allowed in the State of VA or atleast it wasnt a few years back.. Ur got lucky though.. See ya tomorrow...
Old 11-09-2006, 04:34 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by Alberto
VA points do you show up on your MD license,if your insurance company pulls your record for any reason, they are there. They likely havent pulled your record for any claims in years so they dont know.
I'm tellin ya man ... the communication between VA and Maryland is not very good. My Insurance pulls my record every year. Atleast half the time they (speeding tickets) don't show up. You probably right, they show up on DMV records (national) but Maryland MVA records are different. I think 9/11 has made it worse by using up resources for more important things other than speeding tickets.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Draven

I know the point systems are different. I got a ticket in MD were it was a 2 point ticket, but here it was like 3 or 4.. I have 2 tickets from IL.. never on my record at all. LOL...
Old 11-10-2006, 03:38 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by BamBam
Point to Note: Washington DC is not a state so Karl was 100% accurate in his first statement..

I run my K40 all the time and only turn it off when it is blaring at me and I can see the cop. Of course my benefit is it is completely hidden and can't be seen by the cop when he looks in my car.

For Laser, you need to this ... http://www.radarbusters.com/products/coatings/veil.asp

And this.. http://www.radarbusters.com/products...er/default.asp

Goodluck
--B

Brent, did you get the laser jammer option with your K-40? I have a full k-40 set-up as well, with the laser jammer option. I've found that this actually works really well and I found out on accient that the jammer works on quite a few Red Light cameras as well.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:09 AM
BamBam

yes, I had the laser Jamer up front. And YES, it worked quite well... Unfortunately all of the front mounted gear was damaged and at this point I am not running any front protection. Was going to have that fixed a while back, but never had the chance because the car has spent soo much time in shops for engine work.. ;(
Old 11-10-2006, 09:23 AM
abui01

Originally Posted by BamBam
yes, I had the laser Jamer up front. And YES, it worked quite well... Unfortunately all of the front mounted gear was damaged and at this point I am not running any front protection. Was going to have that fixed a while back, but never had the chance because the car has spent soo much time in shops for engine work.. ;(
Isn't it a federal offense or felony if you run laser jammers in DC or VA?
Old 11-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Dacypalz

Coincidence i got pulled over right before the 50 overpass on 28 a week ago thursday on the way to happy hour. He was hiding near the aerospace exit. 75 in a 55. Luckily he gave me speeding instead of reckless.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:34 AM
BamBam

Originally Posted by abui01
Isn't it a federal offense or felony if you run laser jammers in DC or VA?
Not sure about DC considering that 'technically' it is federal property, so every offense is a Federal one right?

As for Virginia, running a laser detector or passive jammer is just as illegal as running a radar detector. So I assume you will get the same ticket and in all cases have your stuff confiscated by the police.

It is a Federal offense to run an ACTIVE Radar or Laser Jammer. You can not buy these in the US anywhere that I know of, but I believe they make them in Sweden or something like that.

For more information check out that site I linked to earlier. Radar Busters is a good starting point for product performance and legality information. But as with EVERYTHING on the internet, make sure to check out other sources of information to reduce the probability of bias with any one reviewer.
--B