Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Nightmare at the stealership!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Akabir47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightmare at the stealership!

My tranny on my 03 touring started to wind and clunk. I Took it to Rosenthal nissan in tysons and they said i needed a new tranny. The tranny was replaced with the new CD009 version but they mated it back up with my original cluthch assembly saying it was fine with 30,000 miles on it and didnt need a new one WTF! . I come to find out from Browns in Sterling that a new clutch disk was also called for under warranty. I took it back and was like what the ****!, they apologized and said that they missed the note that called for the friction disc. They replaced the disc, pressure plate Due to some hot spoting, and the drive shaft (vibration). Got the car back and all the original problems were still there if not worse! I took it back again and went on a test drive with the owner, they agreed to do another tranny with a whole new clutch assembly. I got the car back and everything seemed fine until i noticed a strange clicking grinding sound when puting the clutch all the way to the floor. I took it back and the owner/boss said he couldnt hear anything when his master tech said he could here something strange. They said they had to wait for the nissan engineer to come out to take a look and advise them. 1400 mile later and the sound is more apparent i have a test drive with the SOB and he aknowledges the problem stating that the clutch peddal is to high and need to be adjusted, The rod connecting to the master cylyder is being alowed to much movement causing it to be pushed in more than it needs to and causing the teeth to make a noise. I thought doing that clutch adjustment was bad for your clutch? Im tired of being bojangled i just want my baby back in perfect working condition!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:04 AM
MasterRacer

Buy a new Z
Old 09-05-2007, 05:17 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

It sounds like they're taking care of you at least? Sorry the problem hasn't gone away but I hope they continue to address it without complaints.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:19 AM
350Zanniemal

yea.. the ppl over at rossenthal nissan/mazda are a pain when it comes to repairs and warrenties.. you have to do your homework before you to go them and you've gotta school them before they'll do anything! but if you work with bill or tony.. they are good guys and should be able to get it done! good luck on getting your baby back!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:49 AM
tmak26b

i completely agree, i would never buy a new nissan or mazda simply because of their horrible service. I get more service from walmart for crying out loud
Old 09-05-2007, 11:28 AM
stalarman@yahoo

Ahmad, dosen't my clutch feel better when you drove it yesterday? and dosent my new interioir just make you want my car? And the way you were drooling over my staggered tires, god... hope your car comes back alright. See ya in the neighborhood.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Akabir47

Update: Clutch was adjusted and car feels great! But they did wash it after i asked them not to, it looks like they use steel wool.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:39 AM
350Zanniemal

Originally Posted by Akabir47
Update: Clutch was adjusted and car feels great! But they did wash it after i asked them not to, it looks like they use steel wool.
yea.. those punks don't listen i tell ya!! argh?!??!?!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:40 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Akabir47
What's up Ahmad? Haven't seen ya in a while. Sucks to hear about all the trouble you went through. Hopefully everything's fine now. Yeah, I would spit shine my car then let a dealership wash it.