Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

National Z Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barnabas
I agree with all of you... But like E10 said none of the big reputation people have the time or the want to to come out to meets... Soo I guess it will have to just start as a core small group and hopefully down the road it will expand.

I just like the name soo can I steal it and hope it gets bigger down the road??
I'll talk to you on private and tell you my idea. I know all the ins and outs on how to make it work
Old 10-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks E10!!!
You still have my email?? Ill PM you my number I am on the road and only have my cell most of the day..

BTW the JP tye N should be on in about a month

Thanks for the suggestions
Old 10-28-2009, 10:56 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Thanks E10!!!
You still have my email?? Ill PM you my number I am on the road and only have my cell most of the day..

Word!!! I have a long list of detail on how it's gonna work. I'll send you a PM. I need a few partners in crime.

Congrats on the JP Type N!!! Now you really need to be FI. That bumper's made for showing off the intercooler! Are you gonna get the rear molded molded to the bumper?
Old 10-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Joy_ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  dNqtz.png
Views: 6
Size:  503 Bytes
had too
Old 10-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Lv2DC_Z
SpecOneSociety

This NZC thing its basically going to be a MD thing it seams like. Most of you guys live in the ANNAPOLIS/B-more/bowie area. I see this forum ran buy you guys mostly now.

If you notice the ... pattern in the forum. Different section of the Mid-A for... as in the area where people live, takes over from time to time.

If you are going to make a small group at first.... wouldn't that be considered ... i mean its just your friends if I am correct. I think its going to need official organization just like how the NGC club is . Not just a spur of the moment meet that is put together with in a week or a day. ( my fault also )

This topic has been bumped how many times? I am not saying its a bad idea, we just need dedicated, organized, and faithful following in order for it to work.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Barnabas

thats why me and e10 are gonna work on details weekly spur of the moment meets wont be 'nzc' meets the official ones will be done in an organized manner by dedicated people with the time put in to properly plan them
Old 10-28-2009, 02:11 PM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Thanks E10!!!

Z drivers aren't as dedicated, take me for example I always tell people probably not gonna make it just so I don't feel bad if I miss a meet and I have had my JP Type N front bumper for damn near 6 months and it still hasn't got painted and modified to fit my car yet......me as well as alot of other Z owners have been slacking.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Lv2DC_Z
SpecOneSociety

Same with me, Ive been having my CF hatch .... for what 6 months still ahve not put it on or sell it
Old 10-28-2009, 02:19 PM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

I don't plan on selling the JP type N I am prob going to wait until beginning of next year to put it on I got no rush the winter is upon me and I am not going to drive the Z then so.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
abui01

Different generations comes with different driving skills/levels, sense of maturity, and logic. I see some of these young cats flooring it down the highway at 100+ zig-zagging across 4 lanes... and even tried to race a boosted OG w/ his stock 220whp beast... "are you kidding me?" Not only are they a danger to themselves, they're a danger to everyone else on the road. Honestly, the generation gap wouldn't be so bad if we all behaved/drove/and acted in the same mature manner.

If we really want to get this up and running, let us all chip money for some small decals like NGC has. Talk is talk until some cash gets thrown down. Afterward, the members will have to designate an organizer for the events; someone WELL KNOWN in the community that can attend at least 90% of the meets... (yes, even if it's 1-2 hours away.) This cannot be started with a small group of friends who hangout on a weekly basis. Why? Because new members are reluctant to join if it's some small group; no one wants to stick out like a sore thumb or the newbie of the crowd. Every event must be organized with at least 1 event per month otherwise the interest will die out.

I know OG Zain has a Toys R Us meet in stored for us in the near future, and Ethan and I will be hosting a cruise in December.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Lv2DC_Z
SpecOneSociety

Well, since the Christmas time is coming up. That gives .... 2 1/2 months to organize a Toys for Tots meet. Its a basic kind of meet. You come, you bring a toy. Just saying. It would be alot easier for a business to allow us to use the spot for a charity event.

Just an idea.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:35 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Id still like to go to some meets......but im tired of driving to FT or VA all the time.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:43 PM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Id still like to go to some meets......but im tired of driving to FT or VA all the time.
I feel you man... some of you Va cats need to come to MD more often.. thats a hell of a drive for my azz lol... The AA meets are perfect only a 1hr drive
Old 10-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Lv2DC_Z
SpecOneSociety

Yes having meets at different competitors make sense .
Old 10-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Joy_ride

Originally Posted by Lv2DC_Z
Yes having meets at different competitors make sense .
LOL he meant anne arundel meets
Old 10-28-2009, 03:23 PM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by Joy_ride
LOL he meant anne arundel meets

Haha but hey man thats a good idea as well lol
Old 10-28-2009, 07:05 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Ok I have thrown around ideas with the OGs as well as the so-called "New Mid-A" for a while. I am actually an official member of National G Club and helping them with organizing events. I am learning the goods and bads from NGC and seeing the difference between the G crowd and the Z crowd.

So here's my analysis:

1. Generation Gap
The OGs are primarily located in Northern VA, Montgomery County (more like Rockville). Since the Z had been out for a few years we have noticed that most of the OGs are getting into late 20's, some early 30's, some are even married. Then you have this huge pool of younger crowd started getting the Z's via used market. The 5 - 10 years age gap between the 2 groups is really making the difference there. It can be solved though. How? We need an unofficial hierarchy structure. I learned this from NGC. NGC has one president Lek who is in his early 30's (don't smack me if I'm wrong). Then in each of the main reasons in Mid-A they have these regional NGC OG's that host their own meet. They could be 5, 6 people but they're branded NGC meets. Every once a while they have these huge meets like the ones at D&V, Function Tuned, Elite. We the Z guys actually go to these huge meets as well but we just don't brand them as anything. We don't brand our regional hang out as NZC meets. Once we do it'll totally work.

2. Locations
We have argued about VA people not going to Baltimore and vice versa. Hey we all understand it's kinda silly for a 30 year old married man to be off work at 7pm, drive 1.5 hours to Baltimore for a car meet with 5 other 20 year old guys who aren't even old enough to drink. We all have to understand this is life. So how are we going to solve that? Back in year of 2006 I remember we used to have weekly Dave & Buster meet on Thursday night, Starbucks ricer gathering Friday night, then some bigger shop meets, track events, etc on weekends. Location is everything!!! In order to unite the OG's and new Mid-A, we need to have meets in the mid point aka Rockville area! It's like 30 minutes for people from Baltimore and 30 minutes for people from NOVA (or further down like the new crowd from Woodbridge). That'd be the main hangout area with some weekend adventures in different regional events throughout Mid-A on weekends.

3. Organizers
We don't really need a president or anything like that. As long as we have a few OG's that are dedicated then we are good. Personally I think I'm friends with everything OG's, New Mid-A whatever. After I move back to NOVA I'll take some initiative to start it up. I have talked to a lot of people about this and I know I will have great support. Not to mention I have very good relationship with pretty much all the well known shops in the area. As Anh had mentioned him and I already have plans for some meets coming up. Also we will need some regional people to step up and create some local meets and brand them as NZC meets. I know the Bowie area has a big crowd and I know the names of people that can handle that. Just need a few other regions to have people stepping up.

4. Props
Yes we need NZC stickers (yes I said stickers!), website, maybe like NZC sub forum like what NGC has, T-shirts, etc, etc to make us feel like we're actually part of something instead of just a name.

5. Why??!?!?!
So you ask why bother to start a club and be part of a club? I'll be 100% honest about it. Discounts!!! People power!!! When we have 100+ people in a car club. Shops/vendors know about big clubs = big voice. So they will offer discounts on products and services. Also we won't be treated as some noob sauce (even if you are one) as long as you have the NZC sticker because they know your voice will be heard easily by the other 99+ members.

6. So what's next?
Stay tuned!!! Anh and myself are going to kick off with something. I am talking to a lot of people behind the scene. It's happening! All we need is for everyone to stay positive!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Barnabas

totally agree with you E10 let me know how I can help.

Do you have someone in mind for the stickers?? My GF knows the guys at diamond Eagle Graphics and if we do something close to what the NGC has there wont be allot of design work that will need to be done...
Old 10-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Lv2DC_Z
SpecOneSociety

https://my350z.com/forum/national-z-club-500/

Listen ... if you guys are serious . Start posting there. Start a thread about ideas and such. Once it starts up you can try to get the admin rights. Yadda yadda.

Last edited by Lv2DC_Z; 10-28-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:24 PM
jasabeast

totally agree with you E10 let me know how I can help.

Do you have someone in mind for the stickers?? My GF knows the guys at diamond Eagle Graphics and if we do something close to what the NGC has there wont be allot of design work that will need to be done...
My pops can get us an amazing discount on shirts with just about anything writen on them.. any color, material, size.. all that good stuff

Quick Reply: National Z Club