Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

National Z Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Going to have to be you leading the charge.

The Z crew never got it quite together enough to do it.

When I first got my G, I lived on my350z because I'm all about performance.

Then the Z side died just as the G side gained momentum.

My advice is to piggyback G meets because there is a following already, then once the Z guys get a nice attendance base, break off to do the Z thing.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:22 AM
C5_vette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
Going to have to be you leading the charge.

The Z crew never got it quite together enough to do it.

When I first got my G, I lived on my350z because I'm all about performance.

Then the Z side died just as the G side gained momentum.

My advice is to piggyback G meets because there is a following already, then once the Z guys get a nice attendance base, break off to do the Z thing.
The Z- guys mostly moved on to other platforms or out of the car game all together.. they never needed a club back then, the meets were huge and omitted all the drama that comes with a club...

it wasn't that the Z guys never got it together (at the heyday Z meets were just as big as G meets) it's more that people lost interest in the platform + no one wanted the headache of a club from what I remember, which is why it never gained momentum.

The G guys are really nice, and a good group but not really performance minded... more of a stance nation crowd, but there numbers are solid, they are also very organized, and run their club very professionally.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 AM
4SHIZZIL

^ true....

the platform is going to be around now that boost is more affordable than before, or at least less trial and error with the builds.

Hell there are 5 or 6 cars running 500rwhp on stock block VQs with Vortechs. Something never dreamed of in 2007. lol

10 years of modding has its benefits.

my goal is to outrun a ZR1 and snap a pic of his face as I pull away, even top end. LOL

then ill gut the car, but another Path, or a Titan and drift it as much as possible.

Ill get a M35 or G35 (in G37 body) for spare parts.

I now have a RevUp and a tranny as a spare.

Drifting will become my full time job. You heard it hear first.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Moussa93

^ true....

the platform is going to be around now that boost is more affordable than before, or at least less trial and error with the builds.

Hell there are 5 or 6 cars running 500rwhp on stock block VQs with Vortechs. Something never dreamed of in 2007. lol

10 years of modding has its benefits.

my goal is to outrun a ZR1 and snap a pic of his face as I pull away, even top end. LOL

then ill gut the car, but another Path, or a Titan and drift it as much as possible.

Ill get a M35 or G35 (in G37 body) for spare parts.

I now have a RevUp and a tranny as a spare.

Drifting will become my full time job. You heard it hear first.
My goal is to be able to keep up with you...
Last Monday was terrible
Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL NZC will never happen. There isn't enough Z enthusiasts around to form a club anymore. Like it's been pointed out that most Z guys that were active had moved on to other platforms or simply got old and got out of the car scene.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:04 AM
4SHIZZIL

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Moussa93
My goal is to be able to keep up with you...
Last Monday was terrible
um clutch break in... I went easy on you bro...lol

another 100 miles I get to give her the full deal.

Originally Posted by bb1314
LOL NZC will never happen. There isn't enough Z enthusiasts around to form a club anymore. Like it's been pointed out that most Z guys that were active had moved on to other platforms or simply got old and got out of the car scene.

youre so negative! LOL The Z crew is growing bro..they just arent on the forums. most are on G35 driver. lol

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 04-25-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Young cheap, dumb guys who want tons of power for nearly nothing isn't what Id consider growing.

More $hitty peeps is worse than nobody at all IMO lol

These new generation of zit faced f@ggots don't know $hit about cars man it upsets me. They are posers. They don't even track their cars.

They think because they throw a fart pipe and intake on their cars they are tuners.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

^ thank you. And that's not even being negative. That's just being realistic. I honestly don't want to be part of any club where people talk about their hellaflush setup or how amazing their new intake is.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:45 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

um clutch break in... I went easy on you bro...lol

another 100 miles I get to give her the full deal.

youre so negative! LOL The Z crew is growing bro..they just arent on the forums. most are on G35 driver. lol
Please give me a few names of these Z guys that you think I or anyone on this board would show any sort of respect.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 AM
C5_vette

Honestly I see more GTR owners than Z owners at the G meets nowadays.

There is also quite a discrepancy between the newer Z owners and older ones ( young/ intake exhaust crowd VS older/ built/ forced induction guys)

The best thing for the newer owners to do is roll together to other meets and start from scratch with a small crew... and do some research on modding the platform... As for NZC; as mentioned that's more of a pipe dream
Old 04-29-2013, 03:36 AM
Destroyeron

Originally Posted by C5_vette
There is also quite a discrepancy between the newer Z owners and older ones ( young/ intake exhaust crowd VS older/ built/ forced induction guys)
Older guys that bought them new have more money. Younger guys only do what they can afford (sometimes terribly).
Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its about research and cost effective modding... not everyone can afford to go FI we all get that. we all have our budgets, and our priorities.

However putting on that AEM intake and cutting your springs and getting 7" wide rims with no spacers and calling it modding is straight retarded.

Wait and save and do one GOOD logical mod at a time that actually enhances the car.

JWT intake is the cheapest intake out there with the most gains yet these kids dont wanna put it on cuz it isnt Chrome and then want to bench race and do ricer flybys and wonder why we all laugh.

Put some thought and effort into what you do and you will be respected. Shoot I was one of the youngest guys on here when i first got my Z and i never had any issues. But i shut my mouth, listened to those who knew more then me and didnt rush into purchases and CASS007 nominated me for rookie of the year way back when.

Just saying....

/End rant.

PS. NZC is dead. It was alot of fun with alot of great people when the Z scene was kicking though
Old 04-30-2013, 04:55 AM
user 7373

Why would you bother with an intake, The gains are not worth the high price they charge you. At lease exhaust gives you sounds + small gains. +1 on the HellaFlush is not "modding"
Old 04-30-2013, 05:06 AM
Barnabas

Because an exhaust with no intake is pointless and a popcharger is $100 it will net you higher HP per dollar then an exhaust.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:16 AM
user 7373

Idk I am pretty sure all of these things on our motor = next to no gains. You can get what maybe 20ish whp for all of those mods on average? So $1000 -$2400(parts not labor / tune) for 20hp, I think I would rather keep my money. To actually feel gains on a car they say it needs to be an increase of at least 10%, that is maybe a gain of around 9% so you might feel a little more power but that is assuming you get something that is actually a gain and not just a wash.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:43 AM
Barnabas

And 20,000 to go fi to get 200hp... Its all what's its worth to you.

I made 250hp no tune NA and spent less then 600 on mods.

Never did a baseline but most are in the 220-230 range son I gained 20-30
So $20-30 per HP

$20000/200= $100 per HP.

Go cheap on fi and get it down to 10k? Still $50 per HP still more $

More air in more air out will net better gains then same air in more air out. I could care less about noise from an exhaust. I want it to help the motor breath. Once I'm gonna spend the money on it though I'm going to get the best sounding one.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:51 AM
user 7373

Who said you had to spend 20k to go FI? Also the point is for the intake/exhaust people those gains are not really even that noticeable to you driving. If you want to have a Z that you can feel real gains in you need to go FI pretty much, I never said the HP/$$ was better just that it is the only real way to feel an actual difference in the car.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:02 PM
chinkymrsettles

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt read this whole thread but i did request to join. Sad i missed the mega meet, my car is in tge body shop. Anyone going to mir import revolution? Oh and hey barnabas
Old 05-06-2013, 03:56 AM
Barnabas

NZC went belly up.

Tons of us still get together all the time but its no longer for cars more mountain biking, drinking, movies etc...

It was fun while it lasted. Maybe this new gen of Z owners will start something up again.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:20 AM
chinkymrsettles

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh well. Im just looking for people to go to shows with.

Quick Reply: National Z Club