Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

National Z Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:26 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barnabas
So I guess that would leave it to someone starting and keeping a NZC going in order for us to even try to do anything?? I just think that as succesful as your club is and as close as the G and Z guys are. that it would be good to join together or allow Z members in. WE are together for allot of events anyway and we come to allot of the NGC events.
You're absolutely right.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bb1314
You're absolutely right.
maybe Ill get with Lak and try to get the planning side of it done over the winter...

I would love to get it up and rolling
Old 10-26-2009, 10:39 AM
woodrow88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill help also barn lets talk about it
Old 10-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Barnabas

Thanks woody!! Im gonna read up on the details and talk to lek so we can structure the clubs the same so merging them will be easier.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:43 AM
woodrow88

sounds good maybe i stop by your house later to talk about it
Old 10-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Barnabas

college 630 to 830 but yea dude come on over...
Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
lek at ngc

So I guess that would leave it to someone starting and keeping a NZC going in order for us to even try to do anything?? I just think that as succesful as your club is and as close as the G and Z guys are. that it would be good to join together or allow Z members in. WE are together for allot of events anyway and we come to allot of the NGC events.
that would be a good start. we've already helped establish your own section on my350z... yes... NGC helped you guys do that... Now you guys need to get a good core group of a few guys or gals... and just go from there. I see a lot of people complaining about why others are not supporting and at the same time they're not doing it themselves either. It's like an epidemic. Get the ball rolling and it should be successful. NZC is my brainchild and I brought it up with the older members of the z community. I'm gotten a lot of snide remarks from people about it's failure as well. But unless I actually go buy a Z and start planning everything its only so much I can do. Let me know how I can help.

Also there's gonna be people who say why do we need a club... blah blah blah... we already have Mid - A... Just think of it as they don't want to be in the club. You can't make everyone happy.

Last edited by lek at ngc; 10-26-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Barnabas

Lek I will be in touch hopefully by the time Spring rolls around I can have the NEW NZC up and rolling... I know meets will be slow over the winter soo it can give us a chance to do more of the planning.

There are a group of about 4-5 of us who get together almost weekly and make it to most of the events soo I think that is where I will start and hopefully get more people to commit and help it grow!!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 AM
lek at ngc

Lek I will be in touch hopefully by the time Spring rolls around I can have the NEW NZC up and rolling... I know meets will be slow over the winter soo it can give us a chance to do more of the planning.

There are a group of about 4-5 of us who get together almost weekly and make it to most of the events soo I think that is where I will start and hopefully get more people to commit and help it grow!!
another good idea to keep the group entertained during the winter is setting up Happy Hours and other events like it. We used to have Happy Hour ever week in Tysons so that's central enough for VA and MD. And sometimes even in College Park, MD.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:33 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

We tried it and it didnt work...................so your gonna try it again...................good luck.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:42 PM
jasabeast

i mean im pretty commited i drive my azz off every week to meet up with you all.. im down to bring this **** back
Old 10-26-2009, 06:40 PM
abui01

The only obstacle blocking NGZ's growth is it's "member's" commitment to drive further than 10 miles. First off, let's gather some interest:

1. Who's willing to drive further than 10 miles to meet?
2. Who's actually going to meet?

Z drivers cater toward a different crowd. What works with one group doesn't necessarily work with another.

The only time people were willing to meet and actually met was 3-4 years ago: 03-06, aka the first 3 years of ownership for the first generation Z owners. The car at that time was roughly in it's high 20's and mid 30's, unaffordable to the general population of young rice. After mid-06, we had a split in generations. Today in 09, this is probably going on it's 4th generation. Z drivers don't stick around as long as G drivers, they tend to change their car within 2-3 years of ownership therefore you see members dropping like flies and also popping up like the new breed of Honda Civic owners. Hence, another reason why our "NZC meets" don't stay organized, there's not enough commitment.

We also hear statements such as "The New Mid-A" and "I don't even go on the forums anymore because Mid-A sucks" and "I don't know anyone that even posts there anymore, just a bunch of kids who drive stupidly fast..." When you hear stuff like this, you'll notice that there will be segregation amongst owners. Not to single anyone out, but it seems like NZC is splitting further and further apart as every next generation comes into play.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:45 AM
lek at ngc

Originally Posted by superchargedg
We tried it and it didnt work...................so your gonna try it again...................good luck.
LOL I didn't know you bought a z recently... manual or auto?
Old 10-27-2009, 04:50 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

+1 on this.

Anh's totally right about the generations talk. I'm fortunate enough to be somewhere in between the generations mainly because I moved around quite a bit within the last few years. The extreme OGs seem to be all from NOVA to Rockville area. The newer generation is popping out more in different part of Maryland and further down south of VA. To us Z owners that had our car for over 3, 4 years, the name BamBam is well known as the guy that has the most modded Z. To the new Mid-A, that name is nothing but a legend and some have never even seen his car. You see the difference there? There's that experience disconnection there. When we have a gathering, the OGs talk about our good old thur night drinking at D&B and crazy touge like cruises afterward. Some of the new Mid-A aren't even old enough to sip up alcohol legally.

Not to diss you Barnie and Woody, but it'll take someone with some serious reputation to start up National Z Club. Unfortunately none of the OGs have enough free time to go to every single meet. You guys alone starting up NZC again will just be nothing but a small local Maryland (or even limited to a small region of Maryland) car club. Got to get some big dogs involved before proceeding.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 AM
woodrow88

I feel like as long as you have a core group of people, people will start to follow and ask about it so it might take time but what doesnt... I know we have a good group going on jason,rob, brittany,barny,paul ray,kyle and we all meet up at least once a week . Its not going to be overnight but I think we should still try and it very gay how everyone is always so negitive about starting it back up...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:10 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by woodrow88
I feel like as long as you have a core group of people, people will start to follow and ask about it so it might take time but what doesnt... I know we have a good group going on jason,rob, brittany,barny,paul ray,kyle and we all meet up at least once a week . Its not going to be overnight but I think we should still try and it very gay how everyone is always so negitive about starting it back up...
You're on the right track about the core group idea. But read my comment about the locations and the older group versus the younger group. If you are going to get a core group together, you can't simply have all the members of the core group living 15 miles away from each other and all considered "new Mid-A". It'll end up being nothing but a small local gathering. No one from NOVA/etc will follow the core group that you have in mind right now. It's not about being negative. It's about being realistic.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:37 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by lek at ngc
LOL I didn't know you bought a z recently... manual or auto?
Lek...i thought you new that my g was a special edition with a transformer button........that way i could sneak into the z meets without being noticed.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by bb1314
You're on the right track about the core group idea. But read my comment about the locations and the older group versus the younger group. If you are going to get a core group together, you can't simply have all the members of the core group living 15 miles away from each other and all considered "new Mid-A". It'll end up being nothing but a small local gathering. No one from NOVA/etc will follow the core group that you have in mind right now. It's not about being negative. It's about being realistic.
i wish i was 15 miles away lol... Skyline drive was a 3 hr ride home for me... any meet past Bmore is like an 1hr.. that seems like good commitment to me.. i may be on the younger side haha but for being 20 and dropping redic of money on gas to hangout with you all is worht it to me... I never seen BamBams car nor Alberto or your Ethan but every time i come out none of you are out its always as Woody said... Barny, Britt, Woody, Ray, Me, Paul, Rob, Kyle.. Im up for whatever it take to get this biotch started
Old 10-28-2009, 06:21 AM
lek at ngc

Lek...i thought you new that my g was a special edition with a transformer button........that way i could sneak into the z meets without being noticed.
you're not sneaking anywhere with that tight tee shirt LOL

JK JK...
Old 10-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Barnabas

I agree with all of you... But like E10 said none of the big reputation people have the time or the want to to come out to meets... Soo I guess it will have to just start as a core small group and hopefully down the road it will expand.

I just like the name soo can I steal it and hope it gets bigger down the road??

Quick Reply: National Z Club