Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Fined for dropping your drawlz...lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008 | 10:31 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Fined for dropping your drawlz...lol

Its coming to a pig near you!

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.P...9-12-0159.html

Glad I were wranglers!

Saggy-pants laws no longer butt of jokes
Va. delegate's proposal in 2004 drew ridicule, but he might have last laugh

Friday, Sep 12, 2008 - 12:25 AM Updated: 12:56 AM

By MCCLATCHY NEWSPAPERS
When Virginia state Del. Algie T. Howell Jr. introduced a proposal in 2004 to fine people $50 for wearing pants that fall too far below the waist, it brought him international notoriety.

Media outlets from around the world descended on Richmond to cover the "droopy drawers" debate about the bill directed at young people who expose their bottoms, or at least their underwear. The ACLU and black leaders derided him and talk show hosts poked fun at him.

But who's the joke on now?

In the years since, several localities across the country have passed similar laws, including more than six cities in Louisiana. The laws apply to women, too, but are aimed primarily at men.

"Sagging," as it's usually called, has been illegal in Delcambre, La., since June 2007 and can result in a fine up to $500 and a six-month jail sentence. Chicago suburb Lynwood made it illegal in July of this year, around the same time it became illegal in Riviera Beach, Fla.

Flint, Mich., banned them in July, too, with offenders subject to up to a year in jail and $500 in fines. Police officers there even have a visual guide to punishment: Visible underwear gets a warning, pants below the butt with underwear fully showing is considered disorderly conduct and a fully exposed bum (meaning, skin showing) warrants an indecent exposure charge.

At least 10 other cities nationwide, including Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas and Charlotte, are considering a sagging ban.

Having seen his idea go from being mocked to a full-on trend, Howell, D-Norfolk, can claim pioneer status.

"I knew I was right then," he said. "It didn't bother me that people did not understand it. Parents have lost control."

Though he said he would not reintroduce the legislation, he said, "I'd like to see it passed all over the country."

Apart from legislation, adults have tried appealing to saggers' intellect and egos, informing them that the style, in fact, comes out of prison culture, where inmates are not allowed belts. So why would they want to look like a prisoner?

That appeal has largely been rebuffed.

For their part, saggers don't offer much by way of justifying their attire.

"I just do it," said Bennett Moore, a 21-year-old student at Tidewater Community College who was waddling up Granby Street in downtown Norfolk recently, his booty on full display.

Do people say anything to him about it?

"Yeah, sometimes."

Who?

"Old people. I listen, but it's just me."

Does he foresee an occasion where this could be inappropriate?

"When I get a job, they'll be above my waist," he said.

But go ahead and rape a girl and no one will care or even try to prosecute you because its too difficult prove... but going to jail because youre trying to be cool... (although I admit is sad) I cant believe they dont stone you to death or give you the chair....what a waist of space.

What about all the sick and gross shizzil i see in dupont circle, San Deigo, and Ft. Walton beach...this is all a matter of opinion and preference... I guess we should start telling red necks to have their women shave their armpits....its not accepted in my book.

I think looking at someone with 50 cranium accessories is less discusting than a pair of hanes. Chicks with there thongs haggin out would apply to this law also. So look while you can fellas...shes going to jail.

Where the hell are my tax dollars going...keeping people who are already so lost and mislead in jail and making them more discouraged....how about creating a center for them to go to to learn about fashion since they want to push the envelope...

discouragement fuels fear.. fear is the opposite of faith, fear envoke actions.... those actions are you and I getting robbed or killed. Our money can be used better....pay social worker more money and they actually might want to do their freggin job!

I wonder how many fine azz white chick with their thongs hanging out will get slapped with this....go to the movies on a Friday night and see all the future baby mamaz show thier stuff....

oppression is still here folks....dont believe we are that far away from 1960 and the dream speech....Im still dreaming even though Im married to a white woman.

gas in point...Gregorys upscale suit only restraunt....i walk as what the wait time is....45 mins to an hour...I add my name to the list just incase the wife is cool with the time....go to car tell wife..she says anywhere we go it will be a while lets just eat here.....I said my name is on the list under Corey...having a wief feeling about the hostes....I tell my wife to ask what the wait time is and add her name to the list....I let her out because its sprinkling....i go park the car.... they tell her 15 minutes! By the time I walk in from parking the car....they call her name! Im like WTF...

but the fun part was laughing at the beotch behind the desk....shaking my head like you sad excuse for someone who beathes oxygen!

ok im done...

lol
this shizzil pizzez me the duck off!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 09-12-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-12-2008 | 10:47 AM
r0csfinest

and they have the nerve to call this a free country.
Old 09-12-2008 | 10:58 AM
yusoslo

What about fines for plumbers showing crack?
or howbout we fine fat bishes for having muffin tops.

I wanna see a chick pulled and ticketed for public display of muffin top!
Old 09-12-2008 | 11:00 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Thats a Democrat for you.. legislating our rights away.
Old 09-12-2008 | 12:09 PM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

Saggin, ***** g'd up, sippin
Sip *****, dip *****, set trip *****
Gotta grip *****, getta grip ***** with tha gang
And rollin with tha alpine bangin
Homie whatcha got? a couple sacs to sell
Went from weed and dope to mics ta sell
Hit a switch *****
Dont f**k around wit ***** *****z
Im a money cash *****
Cash gettin, hash hitten
Gang bang afiliate
Hit a stick real quick
And in a minute start killin **** real quick
Ima million dollar motherf**kin ***** (million dollar motherf**kin *****)
I thought you knew about it
Bout it bout it do ya got it
Now tha homies bout it, ima bout ta do this
Hit a lick they hit back wit some new ****
Then have a gangster reunion, the homie told me (wut he say? )
Get cha' boogie on youngsta, c-walk homie
Old 09-12-2008 | 12:36 PM
abui01

..............jail sentences??!?! HAHAHAHA!!!
Old 09-12-2008 | 01:09 PM
SC 350Z

there is a point to "saggy" pants i have a few pair of pants that are baggy around the legs butt fit just right that i can run in them and they wont fall off my ash! when you puposly buy a pair of pants 5 sizes to big so that when you walk or run you have to hold the front of them up or side to make sure your sh%t dont fall otu thats a hole diffrent ball game. as far as it being a crime and getting fined for it i dont beleive all of that is called for! my
Old 09-12-2008 | 01:13 PM
4SHIZZIL

saggin as its called supposidly came from immates that were open to the back door. I bet these gang wanna bees didnt know that....

i did it because my hand me downs pants were too short...so I pulled them down with my shirt untucked so that know one would know....

but they did because my pockets were on my freggin calf muscles....lol.

but my Mom worked two jobs supporting two kids and made sure I had clothes that fit... I didnt have many but they fit.

Now I have a walk in closet that has more clothes than my wife, because I never had a lot of clothes... but not one of them are large enough to simulate a sag.... lol. People need education...most poor communities still think that white people are the reason they dont have jobs. Its really mind blowing to hear. My wife is a freggin white social worker and had no idea that people get pulled over for Random Stops? She was in tears after I finally broke down after driving the buick for the 4 th time in VA getting stopped for the 4th time...

I dont know who I want for the next president...but I do know if teachers, social worker, law enforcement, and nurses made more money...my life would be better...so whoever will hook them up...im hooking up with my vote.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 09-12-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2008 | 01:17 PM
4SHIZZIL

its sad that the values that allowed this country to accept all is now being changed by the "new" people and thier values....

Im like look MF if we didnt allow you here in the first place your azz wouldnt have a voice..

But "I dont want to say the pledge of allegence"... that allegence allowed you to escape your thrid wold hell hole...dont say it but stand your azz up with your hand over your heart and look at the flag that tucks your ungreateful littleazz in at night...

i should freggin run for some sort of office...and make a law against people who dont show respect for the flag... public stoning or death by starvation..just like they would if there were in their own country....would be the only penalty...we dont need their money.

I think im feeling a bit patriotic and disrespected today....lol
Old 09-12-2008 | 01:23 PM
sajazzman007
DIY'er Unite
Premier Member

Yeah VA has nothing better to do glad I spend all my time at work and in my car.
Old 09-12-2008 | 02:02 PM
r0csfinest

Man if they can pass a bull**** *** law like this... We might as well fight for no front plate and no tint limit!
Old 09-13-2008 | 04:15 PM
SmokerZ
I Like Everyone

what am i going to do with my size 40 p-miller jeans?!?!?!? i mean, im in actuality at size 28.
let the hemming begin i suppose.
Old 09-13-2008 | 06:45 PM
350Ricky
I like Rice

Sigh... I think the people who passed this law were bored. Come on now, pants too low?

I think we are all allowed to wear whatever we choose.