Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Need an Opinion from all my Mid-A Brothers n Sisters! (not car-related)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
C5_vette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven1
I don't necessarily disagree with you. I was mainly referring to it being reserved for close family and friends (and royalty if you have any in your family) and that has shaped my opinion and point of view on a situation of similar circumstance and matter. I differentiate a kiss from a peck and I guess that's a way I determine the acceptability. The body language, situation, and atmosphere in which it occurred also comes into play. My background is mainly Dutch (mainly royalty) and English (my family in England being in the SW near Plymouth which is a more historical area and carries a more traditional view, unlike London for example which is more hip and trendy.).

I was just stating my point of view. Was it or was it not proper or appropriate? I don't know. I'd have to witness it honestly and make my determination off my observations on what actually happened. Im not one to jump to conclusions typically so I based it off what I would be used to seeing. I imagined a simple peck like I would be used to and based that off the reaction that was received by Ahn when he brought it up.

The pic in the origional post isn't a peck imo and wouldn't be acceptable to me. That is a kiss and you can tell by the body language....eyes closed, lips intertwined, etc. A peck is just that....a peck...make a "kissy face" and basically just touch lips for an instant. There is no locking of lips but just a touch.
yea I hear you man, I was just stating that this is not the norm in Europe in general.... and thats also why I mentioned close friends and family were an exception. and I agree about the differentiation between a peck and a kiss as well.

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
+1 Considering I used to live in Holland and most of my relatives live in Holland/Germany it's definitely not normal to greet someone with a kiss on the lips if they are NOT a close family/friend. Although I think that's what Robbie meant.

Last edited by C5_vette; 04-07-2009 at 11:06 AM.