Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Anne Arundel County. Need opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 10:21 AM
MDHRZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
350 is nothing VS what they were.
What was it listed at before?
Old 06-06-2009, 12:16 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by [MD]3FiFtY
Just got back from looking at both of them. I put an offer on the one for 305k next to you. There's already been one offer before mine and it's only been 4 days! If that one falls through then I'll put an offer on the one for 349k which has been on the market for over 60 days. They are both extremely nice and the community is awesome. The one with the two car garage had so much space. Not worried about a yard or kids right now. I'll be the only one living there for a while. I was going to give you a call but time was kind of an issue today. I'll let you know how everything works out though.
If you buy that house, it would be weird having 3 350Zs in a row lol.

Poor Josh (guy who lives next to me) at one point he was the only guy with a cool car on the street.

What did you offer on the 305 home? I know he's not pressed to move, so unless its in the 300 area I doubt he'll jump much.

The town houses across from where I use to live on strawberry lake way (2 car garage) I believe at their peak were high 500s The ones across the street from them (1 car garage) were well into the 400s if I remember right.

Piney Orchard had some VERY high prices before the bubbled popped. I made a point to stay in my apartment til the right time. I paid 305 for my town home (trashed) and got full closing and another few thousand for a few things I wanted replaced. Main one being the polybutylene piping. Since buying this house I've gutted it and replaced most everything, I'm up to around 340 or so for this house. Marks house (one you looked at) I hear is nice, so hopefully it will be a turn key buy and at 305, that aint bad at all.

A waring, all the houses in the courts have polybutylene piping, If you noticed how my driveway was nice and white, that's because I had the drive way dug up and the polybutylene replaced. I believe I am the only person who has replaced it.

I've heard of one home with the piping having issues, I believe it was left sitting with no heat or A/C and one of the pipes cracked.

The piping goes from the water main into the very front side of the basement, it DOES NOT go throughout the house. If you want it replaced, it will cost you around $3-4K almost all of that due to the driveway, removal/replacement.

What happens when it cracks? chances are it will just flood your front yard and cause a high water bill. Small chance it will crack inside your basement causing flooding of your basement, but again, it seems like its not a problem for this neighborhood. I guess the soil type is ok.

http://www.usinspect.com/resources-f...utylene-piping

You heard all that info from your inspector not me.

Last edited by jeffie7; 06-06-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:21 PM
jeffie7

I just saw in your profile that you have a redline Z, sorry, there's only enough room for 1 redline Z in the courts.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:30 PM
MDHRZ

If you buy that house, it would be weird having 3 350Zs in a row lol.

Poor Josh (guy who lives next to me) at one point he was the only guy with a cool car on the street.

What did you offer on the 305 home? I know he's not pressed to move, so unless its in the 300 area I doubt he'll jump much.

The town houses across from where I use to live on strawberry lake way (2 car garage) I believe at their peak were high 500s The ones across the street from them (1 car garage) were well into the 400s if I remember right.

Piney Orchard had some VERY high prices before the bubbled popped. I made a point to stay in my apartment til the right time. I paid 305 for my town home (trashed) and got full closing and another few thousand for a few things I wanted replaced. Main one being the polybutylene piping. Since buying this house I've gutted it and replaced most everything, I'm up to around 340 or so for this house. Marks house (one you looked at) I hear is nice, so hopefully it will be a turn key buy and at 305, that aint bad at all.

A waring, all the houses in the courts have polybutylene piping, If you noticed how my driveway was nice and white, that's because I had the drive way dug up and the polybutylene replaced. I believe I am the only person who has replaced it.

I've heard of one home with the piping having issues, I believe it was left sitting with no heat or A/C and one of the pipes cracked.

The piping goes from the water main into the very front side of the basement, it DOES NOT go throughout the house. If you want it replaced, it will cost you around $3-4K almost all of that due to the driveway, removal/replacement.

What happens when it cracks? chances are it will just flood your front yard and cause a high water bill. Small chance it will crack inside your basement causing flooding of your basement, but again, it seems like its not a problem for this neighborhood. I guess the soil type is ok.

http://www.usinspect.com/resources-f...utylene-piping

You heard all that info from your inspector not me.
Great info. I really appreciate it. I had no clue. If any problems did come up I'm sure it would be covered by the warranty that RE/MAX 100 offers, I hope. I need to check on that though. The 305 home showed very well. Everything was well kept and clean. Rooms were a little smaller than I expected but it's cool. The basement is large enough for another room anyway. I have to go meet with the agent in an hour to fill out paper work. I should know something by tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:07 PM
jeffie7

Marks a good guy, the place should be well kept, while you might not care, having a back yard will help at resale time. I like the other town homes a lot more due to size and being new, but the yard alone is worth a lot. as I said before, my yard is worth more then the house.

Another thing is termites, this area has issues with them, my house was found with them during the inspection, Mark has had issues in the past but I believe everyone on this street treat for them yearly so it shouldnt be an issue.

Also keep in mind (something the sellers of my house didn't list...) theres 2 HOAs. one for the courts and one for POCA piney orchard. total should be around 100/mo
Plus there's a county front foot fee for water, $25/mo

This might play a big factor if you later on try to go for that 349K house, it might push you over your limit since its 125 right off the top every month.

Another big plus is the HOA here is really laid back, in fact one of the guys on the board is big into cars and has a charger, he does car shows and other car related things.

http://www.handsonkitchen.com/pics/house/house.html

I took these right after settling, within the first 2 weeks I had all the floors ripped up, wall knocked out toilets ripped out... fun times

http://www.handsonkitchen.com/pics/h...pdates/ba1.jpg

http://www.handsonkitchen.com/pics/h...pdates/ba2.jpg

http://www.handsonkitchen.com/pics/h...pdates/ba3.jpg

http://www.handsonkitchen.com/pics/h...pdates/ba4.jpg

http://www.handsonkitchen.com/pics/p...livingroom.jpg
Old 06-06-2009, 06:08 PM
jeffie7

BTW my place is a 2 master bedrooms with 2 master baths, half bath on main floor and half bath in basement.

Marks home is a 3 bedroom so the rooms are very small.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 AM
MDHRZ

Just heard back from the agent and they accepted an offer from someone else. I offered up to 310K. I think I'll hold off on the one for 350k and look around a bit more. Oh well, back to step one. I think I may come out there sometime this weekend and get a feel for some surrounding areas. Is there anywhere in AA County that qualifies for Rural Development?

BTW, I really like what you did with your place. The before and after shots are amazing. Good work.

Last edited by MDHRZ; 06-09-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by [MD]3FiFtY
Just heard back from the agent and they accepted an offer from someone else. I offered up to 310K. I think I'll hold off on the one for 350k and look around a bit more. Oh well, back to step one. I think I may come out there sometime this weekend and get a feel for some surrounding areas. Is there anywhere in AA County that qualifies for Rural Development?

BTW, I really like what you did with your place. The before and after shots are amazing. Good work.
If you can get into piney orchard, you should try, I really love it here. Sucks you missed the house, I noticed today the sign said under contract.

You can still rent the house next to it. $1700.00 mo is damn good + no HOA fees or front foot fee, who knows waiting 6 months might drop another .5% off the rate and the house prices might still go down. On the flip side the rate could go up even more, however higher the rate, chances are the lower the house price.

As to your question about rural development, I have no clue.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:57 AM
MDHRZ

If you can get into piney orchard, you should try, I really love it here. Sucks you missed the house, I noticed today the sign said under contract.

You can still rent the house next to it. $1700.00 mo is damn good + no HOA fees or front foot fee, who knows waiting 6 months might drop another .5% off the rate and the house prices might still go down. On the flip side the rate could go up even more, however higher the rate, chances are the lower the house price.

As to your question about rural development, I have no clue.
Renting may not be a bad idea. Do you have the link to the property? Trying to buy a house is becoming such a PITA right now. I'm putting so much of my time into it and it seems like someone always beats me to it. I'll give it another week or two though. I'll be out in Edgewater on Saturday to view a newer TH for 340k. It's 2100sq ft with a single car garage. I'll try to find some more out in the Piney Orchard/Odenton area as well.