Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

foundation to nzc meet tonight! no more b.s.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:44 AM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default official foundation to nzc thread!

*up to date*

the time to plan has come with the winter coming up. this will be an extensive winter of planning.

what were looking for:
1. confident people
2. z owners only
3. dedicated to the club (DO NOT ATTEND IF YOUR NOT GOING TO COME THROUGH)
4. noone who is doubtful
5. anyone that can seriously and honestly bring something to the table

If you want to be a key member of this club, heres the list to add to. (will be updated daily)
WHEN YOU ADD, SAY WHAT YOU HAVE TO BRING TO THE TABLE

1.04fairlazdyz (rob)
2.jasabeast (jason)

1st meet in the official start of the nzc:

date: monday- 11/9/2009
time: 9:00 P.M. (will start with or without you)
place: dunkin donuts
address: 1338 Dorsey Rd Hanover, MD 21076

pm me if you need my number to get a hold of me

Last edited by 04fairlazdyz; 11-01-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:52 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the sticky thread about the meet tonight? Maybe change the topic if you plan on having the thread stick around for awhile.

I don't care how serious someone is about wanting to join you, giving 5 hours on a day where most likely people have plans is pretty stupid.

If I was you I'd change it to a day later in the week so people who do care are able to make a point to be there. Gotta remember, outside of all the fresh Mid a guys (youngins), most people on here have a life and have plans to keep.

Last edited by jeffie7; 11-01-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:53 AM
jasabeast

i cant make it today but im def in.. by the way my Dad is giving me a book with all the types of shirts and stickers and **** we can choose from....then get the logo and what not and he will quote us a price... depending on how many stickers there are i might be able to get us them for free

Last edited by jasabeast; 11-01-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:56 AM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Is the sticky thread about the meet tonight? Maybe change the topic if you plan on having the thread stick around for awhile.

I don't care how serious someone is about wanting to join you, giving 5 hours on a day where most likely people have plans is pretty stupid.

If I was you I'd change it to a day later in the week so people who do care are able to make a point to be there. Gotta remember, outside of all the fresh Mid a guys (youngins), most people on here have a life and have plans to keep.
^^ then give ideas. i understand that their are people that cant make it, but its not the only time to meet and that is why i put in their to pm me any ideas if you cant make it.

someone has to do something, and im tired of hearing everyone talking about doing it.

Originally Posted by jasabeast
i cant make it today but im def in.. by the way my Dad is giving me a book with all the types of shirts and stickers and **** we can choose from them then get the logo and what what not and he will quote us a price... depending on how many stickers there are i might be able to get us them for free
sounds good jason
Old 11-01-2009, 08:56 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on that...

OP I know you have the heart but you're just not planning it correctly..
Old 11-01-2009, 08:58 AM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

ideas then guys. PROACTIVE, come on ethan, give me ideas, but hey look at what its started, ive already got interest, and thats what im looking for.

i choose to take out the sticky part i said, because id rather have an official nzc stickied thread once its all started

Last edited by 04fairlazdyz; 11-01-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:06 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by 04fairlazdyz
ideas then guys. PROACTIVE, come on ethan, give me ideas, but hey look at what its started, ive already got interest, and thats what im looking for.

i choose to take out the sticky part i said, because id rather have an official nzc stickied thread once its all started
Didn't you read my 10 paragraph post already? It's almost like you started a thread with anger lol...

I have thought through this while thing. I have been talking to the OG's, new Mid-A, president and members of NGC and learn from their goods and bads. Here's what I wrote.

Originally Posted by bb1314
Ok I have thrown around ideas with the OGs as well as the so-called "New Mid-A" for a while. I am actually an official member of National G Club and helping them with organizing events. I am learning the goods and bads from NGC and seeing the difference between the G crowd and the Z crowd.

So here's my analysis:

1. Generation Gap
The OGs are primarily located in Northern VA, Montgomery County (more like Rockville). Since the Z had been out for a few years we have noticed that most of the OGs are getting into late 20's, some early 30's, some are even married. Then you have this huge pool of younger crowd started getting the Z's via used market. The 5 - 10 years age gap between the 2 groups is really making the difference there. It can be solved though. How? We need an unofficial hierarchy structure. I learned this from NGC. NGC has one president Lek who is in his early 30's (don't smack me if I'm wrong). Then in each of the main reasons in Mid-A they have these regional NGC OG's that host their own meet. They could be 5, 6 people but they're branded NGC meets. Every once a while they have these huge meets like the ones at D&V, Function Tuned, Elite. We the Z guys actually go to these huge meets as well but we just don't brand them as anything. We don't brand our regional hang out as NZC meets. Once we do it'll totally work.

2. Locations
We have argued about VA people not going to Baltimore and vice versa. Hey we all understand it's kinda silly for a 30 year old married man to be off work at 7pm, drive 1.5 hours to Baltimore for a car meet with 5 other 20 year old guys who aren't even old enough to drink. We all have to understand this is life. So how are we going to solve that? Back in year of 2006 I remember we used to have weekly Dave & Buster meet on Thursday night, Starbucks ricer gathering Friday night, then some bigger shop meets, track events, etc on weekends. Location is everything!!! In order to unite the OG's and new Mid-A, we need to have meets in the mid point aka Rockville area! It's like 30 minutes for people from Baltimore and 30 minutes for people from NOVA (or further down like the new crowd from Woodbridge). That'd be the main hangout area with some weekend adventures in different regional events throughout Mid-A on weekends.

3. Organizers
We don't really need a president or anything like that. As long as we have a few OG's that are dedicated then we are good. Personally I think I'm friends with everything OG's, New Mid-A whatever. After I move back to NOVA I'll take some initiative to start it up. I have talked to a lot of people about this and I know I will have great support. Not to mention I have very good relationship with pretty much all the well known shops in the area. As Anh had mentioned him and I already have plans for some meets coming up. Also we will need some regional people to step up and create some local meets and brand them as NZC meets. I know the Bowie area has a big crowd and I know the names of people that can handle that. Just need a few other regions to have people stepping up.

4. Props
Yes we need NZC stickers (yes I said stickers!), website, maybe like NZC sub forum like what NGC has, T-shirts, etc, etc to make us feel like we're actually part of something instead of just a name.

5. Why??!?!?!
So you ask why bother to start a club and be part of a club? I'll be 100% honest about it. Discounts!!! People power!!! When we have 100+ people in a car club. Shops/vendors know about big clubs = big voice. So they will offer discounts on products and services. Also we won't be treated as some noob sauce (even if you are one) as long as you have the NZC sticker because they know your voice will be heard easily by the other 99+ members.

6. So what's next?
Stay tuned!!! Anh and myself are going to kick off with something. I am talking to a lot of people behind the scene. It's happening! All we need is for everyone to stay positive!
Anh and I have a few big plans in mind and we already got connections with all members (not just local MD/Annapolis Z crowd) so I honestly have to say we have the ability to start this up along with you guys' regional help. Just give us a month or so and things will kick off. A little meet in Hanover will be nothing but another small hang out. I'm not being negative. I'm just being realistic to you.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:13 AM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

im tired of hearing everyone talking about it. i started this thread, cuz no one knows whats going on with it. so i figure id be the proactive one to start this thing. if you have plans and what not, you need to share with all of us in one organized thread. (perhaps this one) and no others. too many b.s. nzc threads stating the same thing. leave it all in this one thread that can be stickied, so everyone knows whats going on
Old 11-01-2009, 09:14 AM
jeffie7

Delete this thread and forget it ever happened.

We've been putting this off for too long and with entering the winter season it's now the time to build our foundation for the NZC, our goal is to be fully up and running by next spring so we can have a full event filled year ahead of us in 2010!

What we need to do is have a few bi weekly meetings to work out details on the NZC team, we need to work out the details for where, when, and what type of meets to host next year. We also need to work on details about if we need stickers and or t shirts, if we want a members base with or without a yearly fee, if we do charge, what will we give our members, if there's money involved we need to discus where to open an account for the money and vote for a person to be in charge of it. Lots of fun details! While it would be great for this to happen in one night, chances are it wont happen, we should plan to have a bi weekly meeting we might need a weekly meeting at first to get things lifted off the ground.

This thread is here to help get an idea of who might be interested in becoming a founding member of NCZ, anyone who wants to be a part in the NCZ, please post the following info.

What day and time frame works best for meetings?

Location of the meeting?

What skills do you have that would help you as a founder of the NZC

Do you want to be apart of starting up the NZC as a key member, or would you rather be a basic member and if so, still attend the meetings to help the NZC go in the right direction for a club that you would enjoy being apart of.

If we want a great club, we need to make things happen, if we don't it will just flop so please do not reply to this thread unless you are serious about helping the NZC

Something like that would be an ok starting point.. change it to fit your needs.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:18 AM
jeffie7

im tired of hearing everyone talking about it. i started this thread, cuz no one knows whats going on with it. so i figure id be the proactive one to start this thing. if you have plans and what not, you need to share with all of us in one organized thread. (perhaps this one) and no others. too many b.s. nzc threads stating the same thing. leave it all in this one thread that can be stickied, so everyone knows whats going on
Talk is cheap, rushing people who talk into a big project will only make it fail sooner.

To pull something off like a legit car club is not an easy task.

Who's handling money, whos in change of making sure people get membership cards, are you going to publish a monthly news letter as part of the membership? who prints and sends them, who sets up donation meets, who handles the money and makes sure the money gos where it needs to go, who's going to get a non profit org license if you plan on doing this right?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:20 AM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

Delete this thread and forget it ever happened.

We've been putting this off for too long and with entering the winter season it's now the time to build our foundation for the NZC, our goal is to be fully up and running by next spring so we can have a full event filled year ahead of us in 2010!

What we need to do is have a few bi weekly meetings to work out details on the NZC team, we need to work out the details for where, when, and what type of meets to host next year. We also need to work on details about if we need stickers and or t shirts, if we want a members base with or without a yearly fee, if we do charge, what will we give our members, if there's money involved we need to discus where to open an account for the money and vote for a person to be in charge of it. Lots of fun details! While it would be great for this to happen in one night, chances are it wont happen, we should plan to have a bi weekly meeting we might need a weekly meeting at first to get things lifted off the ground.

This thread is here to help get an idea of who might be interested in becoming a founding member of NCZ, anyone who wants to be a part in the NCZ, please post the following info.

What day and time frame works best for meetings?

Location of the meeting?

What skills do you have that would help you as a founder of the NZC

Do you want to be apart of starting up the NZC as a key member, or would you rather be a basic member and if so, still attend the meetings to help the NZC go in the right direction for a club that you would enjoy being apart of.

If we want a great club, we need to make things happen, if we don't it will just flop so please do not reply to this thread unless you are serious about helping the NZC

Something like that would be an ok starting point.. change it to fit your needs.
i completly agree with everything you said. but make this the thread where everyone can go to find out exactly whats going on. my problem is going through a ton of worthless threads where the same stuff is said over and over, with no real answers and no one knowing whats going on but certain people. we need to keep all details open to all, and in one spot

p.s. i didnt think it was going to happen in one night, but it was a start to the new begining.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

i completly agree with everything you said. but make this the thread where everyone can go to find out exactly whats going on. my problem is going through a ton of worthless threads where the same stuff is said over and over, with no real answers and no one knowing whats going on but certain people. we need to keep all details open to all, and in one spot

p.s. i didnt think it was going to happen in one night, but it was a start to the new begining.
So please at least explain to me the agenda for tonight's meet?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:23 AM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

their, i edited the original post to make more sense. lol. i along with everyone want to know whats going on. and im willing/ wanting to be apart and help out with all this as much as possible
Old 11-01-2009, 09:26 AM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

this is exactly y i posted(so no more ?? on that)-

1.only certain people apparently knew about whats going on, as you and jeffie have let me in on. we all want to know whats goin on, and im sure more people as myself want to be apart of this.

2. wayyyyyy too many useless nzc threads cluttering the mid-a, getting no where, and making people say foget it.

3. trying to show some real interest and find out what is exactly going on.

4. as far as i knew, nothing was being done, so i was going to do something about it

if theirs some "real" thread on this, i searched for 3 hours before posting this, and found no real info

Last edited by 04fairlazdyz; 11-01-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:32 AM
jeffie7

your goal should be to write up a business plan.

Meet with your key members and figure that out.

Elements of the Plan

1. Describe Your Role as Leader - Convince the reader that you and your team can provide the leadership skills needed to implement the business plan, create the business and turn it over to the managers. Disclose how you and your team will be rewarded for starting the business.

2. Outline the Business Model - Explain how the business will be organized. How will the business make money? Why will the business make money?

3. Describe Your Product - If you are producing a differentiated product, what are its attributes (quality, distribution, service, etc.) and how do they differ from those of your competitor’s products. If you are producing a commodity, why can you produce it cheaper than your competitors.

4. Define Your Market - Explain who your customers are and why they will buy your product. Quantify your market, sales, production, and cost data. Do not generalize. Be specific. Use data to help tell the story.

5. Describe Your Product Distribution Plan - Describe the channels you will use to get your product to your customers. Explain how your product be positioned conveniently for your customers.

6. Outline Your Promotion Plan - Your promotion plan needs to get your customer’s attention. How will your customers learn about the unique aspects of your product. Explain how you will convince them to buy your product.

7. Identify Your Competition - Describe your competitors and how they differ from you. Explain why customers will buy your product rather than those of your competitors. Discuss any competitive advantage you have over your competitors.

8. Describe the Managers - Describe the team that will manage the company once the business is up and running. Convince the reader that they will be successful in managing this business.

9. Describe the Technology - If your business concept focuses on processing, manufacturing or some other transformation of raw materials into a product, describe the technology used in this transformation. Is the technology cutting-edge or traditional? Is it experimental or proven? Can competitors adopt the technology?

10. Describe the Business Financing - Explain how much equity is needed and how you will attract investors. Are credit sources in place?

11. Outline the Business Structure - Describe the business structure. Has it been created? Describe the governance of the business.

12. Discuss Investor Issues - Will profits be distributed to shareholders or kept within the business for expansion? Explain how investors can exit the business if they invest. Are there specific exit strategies outlined for investors? What is the expected liquidity of equity shares?

13. Focus on Strategy - Answer the three strategic planning questions:
* Where are we now?
* Where do we want to be?
* How do we get there?

14. Project Revenue, Costs and Returns - This will convert all of the previously discussed elements into a financial projection or outcome. It is your indicator of success. However, its value is based on how accurately it represents the economic assumptions made in the previous sections of the plan. The accuracy of the numbers coming out of the financial projection is based on the accuracy of the numbers going into the projection. You may want to project returns under best-case and worst-case scenarios of price, production and sales.

15. Include Supporting Evidence - This includes statistics, studies, documents and other evidence to support the goals and claims you make in the business plan.

16. Summarize Your Plan - Include an Executive Summary of your plan. This is a stand-alone piece that provides an overview of why your business concept will be successful. Although the Executive Summary is placed at the beginning of the plan, it is usually prepared last.
Clearly not 100% of that falls under a non profit org, but, it will give you an outline of the things you must figure out.

If you really want an inside on things, hang out with your local harley chapter. Harley people know how to run non profit orgs like no other. They set up great outtings and are able to bring a lot of donation money into local places.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:38 AM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

my grandfather is in a local harley club, and weve been to many meets and things, over the past 8 years.

if i need to meet up with the key people, then we need to figure out who wan ts to be key people. as i was doing before. once thats figured out, than lets do it
Old 11-01-2009, 09:44 AM
jeffie7

my grandfather is in a local harley club, and weve been to many meets and things, over the past 8 years.

if i need to meet up with the key people, then we need to figure out who wan ts to be key people. as i was doing before. once thats figured out, than lets do it
well there you go, Monday the 9th at x time at x location, anyone who wants to be a key person, make sure you get with the OP before then.

This gives people 8 days.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 AM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

sounds good. lets start this ball rolling. updated thread
Old 11-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Joy_ride

I agree with Jeff and Ethan 100%. There's no need to rush anything, it's in progress. It doesnt need to happen RIGHT this instant otherwise you'll get in over your head and it will fail AGAIN.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:18 AM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

i think weve already agreed to start a meet monday the 9th. read the op. (up to date)

and i appreciate the help from ethan and jeff 100%.

now do you guys already have anything planned or in the works?

Last edited by 04fairlazdyz; 11-01-2009 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply: foundation to nzc meet tonight! no more b.s.