Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

All new AAM Competition, LLC Launch

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Despite what everyone is saying about AAM, as a business owner myself this looks like the moved was well thought out. Save a crap load of money, transfer to another place, then file bankruptcy. Donald Trump did it. thats all speculation though...lol

anyways that new facility looks like a beast and it also looks like GTRs are becoming their bread and butter. I dont think you can screw around with someone's GTR without the fear of getting sued, those guys/gals have money and are not afraid to use it lol.

I want to go check out the new shop myself.

Funny how everyone here lives a life far less than perfect of what can even be considered Nobel, Worthy, or Holy....yet cant forgive. I have had very close friend get screwed over, but just recently I learned that it was not at all AAM fault, for for years I have been angry yet civil (key word civil) with them... so in the case of *$^#'s car, my apologies. Now there are a few others, but the bottom line is, there are always two sides of the coin. This guy was like one of my best friends at the time yet did not share bits of information with me. I mean I could pick his kid up at daycare in an emergency, and I did a few times...so we were obviously really close.

when you add an exhaust or intake to your car you take risk, if YOU DO NOT build in safegards, like contracts based on performance or timelines, dont get mad when you get screwed over. get educated on business and write a contract that you can both agree on.

freggin newbs spending 10-30K on a car and cant change thier freggin oil.

If you are dumb enough to pay 500 bucks for my driver side window weather stripping...trust me I am going to sell it to your dumbazz.

you are basically building a race car and you dont have a pit crew, car knowledge, nor understands the workings of a turbo....dumbazzes

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 04-26-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:43 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
If you are dumb enough to pay 500 bucks for my driver side window weather stripping...trust me I am going to sell it to your dumbazz.
BUAHAHHAHA... Corey you crack me up!

Just last night I had a conversation with my cousin who is now an ebay store owner located in Hong Kong. His primary customer base is of course the US!!! He buys all these super cheap electronics from China like wireless keyboards, mouse, etc... for literally like $1 or $2 USD each or so and sell them for $25+ each on ebay. And hey people buy them still! Does that mean he's scamming? No he's just running a business.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:22 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bb1314
BUAHAHHAHA... Corey you crack me up!

Just last night I had a conversation with my cousin who is now an ebay store owner located in Hong Kong. His primary customer base is of course the US!!! He buys all these super cheap electronics from China like wireless keyboards, mouse, etc... for literally like $1 or $2 USD each or so and sell them for $25+ each on ebay. And hey people buy them still! Does that mean he's scamming? No he's just running a business.

yeah I think we all can learn something new...all these shops can learn something new..they all know that time away from my car is my biggest issue. I need an appointment. Even thought I dont drive the car...final price and any modications to the price I must be included on. I will even drive up and check out the "issue" prior to approving.

I work in IT Security. I dont trust anyone..not even my own MAMA!

Old 04-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Driven1
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So....you all been over on the GT-R boards yet? Cough Cough

Your answers are over there.......
Old 04-26-2010, 07:37 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found it!

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=35404
Old 04-26-2010, 07:58 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I went through that thread........and didn't see who the "new" owners are....did I miss it?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
I went through that thread........and didn't see who the "new" owners are....did I miss it?
It's all BS Buzzard. The story keeps changing and other than getting out of some debt, changing names and locations...what is "different"? Nothing. They straight up lied to customers as stated in that thread. The employees...were even put on short notice and treated poorly imo. Not my choice in treatment for those who would be the most valuable to my operations and survival.

Ill put my money the "owners" are the same.

They won't ever be honest and say officially but...The "name change" (as an outsider looking in) would implicate federal tax issues as you cannot carry on the name in certain types of filings and get out of certain types of debt (like unpaid federal taxes).
Old 04-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL

when you add an exhaust or intake to your car you take risk, if YOU DO NOT build in safegards, like contracts based on performance or timelines, dont get mad when you get screwed over. get educated on business and write a contract that you can both agree on.
C'mon Corey, LMFAO, nothing in the performance car world will come with a LEGIT contract, based on performance. When dealing with different parts suppliers, machine shop timelines, setbacks, etc what shop would sign a contract based on a timeline?

You went off track here. Lying to somebody's face is different than having setbacks with a build which are to be expected. Trying to keep people hush by threatning them with law suits is also for the weak.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by Alberto
C'mon Corey, LMFAO, nothing in the performance car world will come with a LEGIT contract, based on performance. When dealing with different parts suppliers, machine shop timelines, setbacks, etc what shop would sign a contract based on a timeline?

You went off track here. Lying to somebody's face is different than having setbacks with a build which are to be expected. Trying to keep people hush by threatning them with law suits is also for the weak.
Very true but I think everyone is missing the point. It's doesn't matter who owns the new AAM or not. The point is that Clint has pretty much gone on record in stating that AAM LLC will be different from the former AAM. He is putting his good name one the line as head of this new shop. Time will only tell what his word is worth in the future but I don't think it's fair to judge him or the new AAM LLC for what has happened or how it performed in the past.
I'm sure that Clint is well aware that he has a huge task of digging the AAM name out of the gutter being reminded of it everytime a new AAM thread is created.
Time will tell. Besides it's not like there aren't other options in the area like JE Performance, Hill's, and Function Tuned and I'm pretty sure Clint knows that too.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:53 AM
MDHRZ

edit

Last edited by MDHRZ; 05-05-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:01 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There are too many good shops in the Mid-A to even bother giving these guys another chance IMO....
Old 05-05-2010, 04:16 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
Very true but I think everyone is missing the point. It's doesn't matter who owns the new AAM or not. The point is that Clint has pretty much gone on record in stating that AAM LLC will be different from the former AAM. He is putting his good name one the line as head of this new shop. Time will only tell what his word is worth in the future but I don't think it's fair to judge him or the new AAM LLC for what has happened or how it performed in the past.
I'm sure that Clint is well aware that he has a huge task of digging the AAM name out of the gutter being reminded of it everytime a new AAM thread is created.
Time will tell. Besides it's not like there aren't other options in the area like JE Performance, Hill's, and Function Tuned and I'm pretty sure Clint knows that too.
What happened when they brought the tuner up from FL? Remember how happy people on this forum were? Then for some reason he just left.......

So many times AAM made a point to change and it has not worked. So what do you do to fix it? make a even bigger (looking/sounding) change. Clearly you're buying into it so + one on their marketing idea.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:18 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
What happened when they brought the tuner up from FL? Remember how happy people on this forum were? Then for some reason he just left.......

So many times AAM made a point to change and it has not worked. So what do you do to fix it? make a even bigger (looking/sounding) change. Clearly you're buying into it so + one on their marketing idea.
i know but id give Clint a bit of time anyways.... since he isn't going to be focusing on a lot less on pushing lots of builds and more on manufacturing and just top end few higher budget builds...will see what comes out of that....
The "aquisition" of the "FL tunner" was just total fail and ...well they should have research a bit more about the guys attitute, which was warmed on the board several times......i think the board was just happy because of a few pf nuthuggers

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-05-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:32 AM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i know but id give Clint a bit of time anyways.... since he isn't going to be focusing on a lot less on pushing lots of builds and more on manufacturing and just top end few higher budget builds...will see what comes out of that....
The "aquisition" of the "FL tunner" was just total fail and ...well they should have research a bit more about the guys attitute, which was warmed on the board several times......i think the board was just happy because of a few pf nuthuggers
If clint starts up his own shop with him and maybe 1 other employee I'll go check it out.
With AA whatever its called now, clint is the polish trying to cover up the ****. I've heard nothing but great things about him but no matter how great he is, if the person over him is still making the big calls, it wont matter. also if they have the same people are below him, it also wont matter.

We bought out a store that was run poorly, we turned it around from the ground up, trying to keep as many original employees as we could. Guess what? all the old employees quit over time. They couldn't handle how things were run correctly to make a successful business.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:44 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why hasn't Clint answered the question that he has been asked multiple times... Who is the new owner??? Instead, I hear crickets.

I respectfully disagree with Havok. Who the owner is now MEANS EVERYTHING. As evidenced by prior history of FAIL and numerous accounts, Mike IS the problem at AAM and Clint can only do so much when Mike is ultimately in control. People want to know and IMO the "new" AAM needs to prove to the community that this isn't just a shell game with one of Mike's family members or one of his personal buddies listed on paper as the new owner, when in fact Mike is still the boss.

AAM doesn't deserve another chance from the Z/G community if they are not going to be transparent and forthcoming about their supposedly "new" ownership.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-05-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:51 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

If clint starts up his own shop with him and maybe 1 other employee I'll go check it out.
With AA whatever its called now, clint is the polish trying to cover up the ****. I've heard nothing but great things about him but no matter how great he is, if the person over him is still making the big calls, it wont matter. also if they have the same people are below him, it also wont matter.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:50 AM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Why hasn't Clint answered the question that he has been asked multiple times... Who is the new owner??? Instead, I hear crickets.

I respectfully disagree with Havok. Who the owner is now MEANS EVERYTHING. As evidenced by prior history of FAIL and numerous accounts, Mike IS the problem at AAM and Clint can only do so much when Mike is ultimately in control. People want to know and IMO the "new" AAM needs to prove to the community that this isn't just a shell game with one of Mike's family members or one of his personal buddies listed on paper as the new owner, when in fact Mike is still the boss.

AAM doesn't deserve another chance from the Z/G community if they are not going to be transparent and forthcoming about their supposedly "new" ownership.
Did you live in Maryland for awhile? I always see you jump in on the AAM threads but have no idea who you are lol.

Intense dude I think.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Havok_RLS2

LOL. I'm not buying into thier marketing BS. I personally have no need anymore for AAM services and any of AAM LLC's products unless they start working on GM's anytime soon and even then NOT. I personally must thank AAM because if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have performed my LS swap in the first place. Thanks Mike. It's just after reading this whole thread I realized the Clint is the only person trying to defend this "New" AAM with his own good name.
I could care less about the BS "who owns what" crap. It's now Clints name on the line here. If it fails or fails it's customers then it's now on his head.
If it FAILS it's because he let it fail.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

I wonder how much power clint really has to be able to control the direction AAM goes.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

Well... I guess I can see your point there. If it were me I'd leave and open my own shop if it is indeed the fact the Mike still pulls all the strings instead of putting my reputation on the line. Thats' just me though.

Quick Reply: All new AAM Competition, LLC Launch