Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

All new AAM Competition, LLC Launch

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 06:20 AM
TwoFiveBar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

---

Last edited by TwoFiveBar; 03-09-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:22 AM
TwoFiveBar

---

Last edited by TwoFiveBar; 03-09-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:23 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love Clint. He'd been taking a whole lot of crap from the community and continues to fight. I don't always stand for what he believes. But if I ever own a business I'd love to hire him!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:09 AM
OMGLOLAAM

Originally Posted by TwoFiveBar
* Altered Atmosphere did not file bankruptcy
How will they pay all of that money back?

No bankruptcy filed for Altered Atmosphere Motorsports. They simply closed their doors for good. Settled.

* They did not go out of business because of the Mid-A reputation or because of the economy like others have suggested. They were always booked solid until the day they closed up the last shop
Then why was the shop name changed and why did they move? Debt?

The forums are only a very small fraction of the Z/G community. Same goes for the rest of the aftermarket world. As much I would have personally liked to have the Mid-A as routine customers, and despite my best efforts, many chose not do business with Altered based merely on second-hand, third-hand and so on information ( a lot of it based on issues years past and before my time). It would have been really cool to have the Mid-A around, but it didn't happen. And the truth is, we were more expensive than a lot of local shops. I did what I could to price match - but I could not always. Criticize if you want, but the overhead of a shop like Altered was considerably more than a smaller setting with less employees, lifts, space etc.

And just because a percentage of the Mid-A doesn't want to do business with us, that doesn't mean that the rest of the world follows.

The economy made an impact in terms of shipping costs, bottom line material and parts costs, availability of said material and parts, as well as general sales - All of which hit the aftermarket auto industry in general pretty hard. And as far as location, MoCo is stupid $$$ compared to the rest o the state. As far as being busy, we were consistently R&Ding and selling new parts as well as being booked up until the day the doors were shut - Zs/Gs, 300zxs, GT-Rs, 370s, Supras, Hondas, Scions, etc. In terms of TT projects and engine builds, despite what everyone on here wants to believe, the last few years were very productive for the company.

Now its time for something different and new. With a new, state-of-the-art facility, as well as the staff to support it, the goals set can be achieved (with hard work and continuing the push to always be to improving every aspect of the AAM Competition - customer service, components, turn-around time etc. There is always room for improvement.)

* Mike no longer owns the company, but he still works there
Who owns the company now?

Mike does not own AAM Competition,LLC. He works for AAM Competition and is tuner/production-supervisor/Head of R&D. If an issue arises that I alone cannot solve or an internal conflict arises, I can go to various sources whom have influence over the company. None of them are Mike.

* Their main focus will be R&D and mass producing parts and turbo kits
I kind of believe this. Will AAM actually sell the turbo kits without requiring the customer to have the install done there?

Yes. Service is downsized and simply more selective. R&D and production are increased focus points. The 2 of many GT-R Turbo kits are already completed. The 370Z kits are their final stages before casting. We'll be beginning our TT Drag 370 shortly. Same goes with DE/HR kits. We've already achieved 500+whp with the GT600 370 kit on stock block at 8si. And we've made 760awhp/775awtq with our first stage GT-R turbokit
(GT800-R Kit. So far 10.30@140 with OE tires and wheels and High Flow Cats, 9s soon ).

AAM Competition, LLC really is a different company with a different mission. So take it or leave it. It is what it is.

But clint didn't you work for AAM back in the day when they were screwing over all the DSM guys??? You act like this is new and fixed, this is like the 3-4 time AAM has revamped themselves and still ended up doing the same thing just to a different set of customers.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by bb1314
I love Clint. He'd been taking a whole lot of crap from the community and continues to fight. I don't always stand for what he believes. But if I ever own a business I'd love to hire him!!!
I completely agree. One of the few good guys who I would trust over there.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:03 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish you good luck Clint......but its still the same ole same ole with Mike still there and his serious lack of tuning ability.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Just buy your parts at AAM and go to hill's to get them installed and tuned
Old 04-23-2010, 03:12 PM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I swang by today after work, and unfortunately everyone was just leaving the shop. I did meet Will and spoke with him briefly. Seemed like a nice guy, and I will def be going back for the open house, if not sooner during business hours to check out the shop! Place is HUGGEEE! And literally, right next door to Lockheed Martin!
Old 04-24-2010, 06:03 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

clint ftw! i like clint. hes a nice guy.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:35 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by .steeeeZ33.
clint ftw! i like clint. hes a nice guy.
+1000.. Despite what you all said about AAM, Clint's a nice guy.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:50 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Question

Originally Posted by Vader007
* Mike no longer owns the company, but he still works there
Who owns the company now?

Mike does not own AAM Competition,LLC. He works for AAM Competition and is tuner/production-supervisor/Head of R&D. If an issue arises that I alone cannot solve or an internal conflict arises, I can go to various sources whom have influence over the company. None of them are Mike.

Skated right around that one!
I believe the question was.....WHO OWNS IT IF MIKE DOESNT?
People want proof that MIke does not own it, yes it makes a difference.
Originally Posted by MDHRZ
More people (Mid-A and this forum) would be inclined to support AAM if they knew FOR SURE that Mike did not own the company. If he does not own the company, then why is he still working there as head of R&D and more importantly a TUNER. Every problem that came out of AAM in the past had to do with MIKE. He was a problem then and he will more than likely be a problem now.

One more question though, who is the owner of AAM Comp?
*cough* *cough*
Old 04-25-2010, 01:18 AM
Havok_RLS2

100% Clint.
Now that I know Clint is heading up things I guess I'll have to give the new shop a visit.

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 04-25-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:50 AM
Ilyich26

Clint,
Need a part-time ASE mechanic, I'm currently deployed to Iraq, should be home by July. A few on these forums can atest to my capabilities. I live 5mins from the new shop and I'm an Air Force Vehicle Maintainer whose day job is normally down in DC. Most of my experience stems from Subaru, Mitsubishi, and Nissan background. I have tuned in the past, although it has been quite a few years. The guys over at Atlantic Motorsports know me well and can also speak for my prowess.

Greg

Last edited by Ilyich26; 04-25-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:53 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

clint is the only reason why i am basically giving aam a second chance here... its all becaue of him... he took the bull by the horns despite all the epic fail of stories surrounding AAM and he still cares about his job.... PEOPLE, do you realize how hard it is to find an employee that actually cares?.... i have seen since his arrive a change, though there is a still a long road to healing ,cause reputation taken a long time to recover, Clint's influence has been quite positive.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike is a well documented liar, I know that from personal experience. He is still tuning, how are things going to change on that front?

They aren't.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:13 AM
MDHRZ

Clint, who are the tuners at AAM? Just Mike?
Old 04-25-2010, 07:56 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Question

Since Clint is such a stand up guy, why is he dodging the question about who is the new owner(s) of AAM?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:02 AM
MDHRZ

^True
Old 04-25-2010, 09:37 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Clint has actually been running the bulk of things for at least 2 years now, the exception being Jeremy's short stay.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
clint is the only reason why i am basically giving aam a second chance here... its all becaue of him... he took the bull by the horns despite all the epic fail of stories surrounding AAM and he still cares about his job.... PEOPLE, do you realize how hard it is to find an employee that actually cares?.... i have seen since his arrive a change, though there is a still a long road to healing ,cause reputation taken a long time to recover, Clint's influence has been quite positive.
+1000 agree. Clint has been a BIG influance to how I've veiw AAM's customer service in that past year or so. If Clint is running things this new AAM may do well indeed.

Quick Reply: All new AAM Competition, LLC Launch