Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

HyperFest Auto Showcase @ Summit Point Motorsports Park – June 15th

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 09:02 AM
jspecb18c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HyperFest Auto Showcase @ Summit Point Motorsports Park – June 15th

KU CONNECTION proudly presents the HyperFest Auto Showcase as they set the stage to host today's hottest showcars alongside the HyperFest Automotive Festival at Summit Point Motorsports Park on June 15, 2013. Dubbed as the ultimate East Coast collaboration event, the show and competitions will highlight individuals and their latest automotive creations as they compete for top honors, awards, and bragging rights. With Professional Drifting, NASA Auto Racing, Vendor Midway, and countless activities on-site, HyperFest is the definition of the Automotive Amusement Park.

Where: Summit Point Motorsports Park
2026 Summit Point Rd, Summit Pt, WV
(1 hour Northwest of Washington DC/ I hour South of Carlisle, PA)

When: Saturday June 15, 2013

REGISTER your vehicle while there are spaces left:
https://kuconnection.webconnex.com/HYPERFEST2013

FB EVENT INVITE:
Facebook Post

PAST VIDEO COVERAGE:

For further information, please visit the FB event link above. Also, if your company is interested in becoming a sponsor/vendor for this event or for car crew discounts, kindly send an email to kuconnection@gmail.com

CAR SHOW CLASSES

BEST IN SHOW (CASH AWARD)

TOP 5 SHOWCASE VEHICLES

VEHICLE MAKE COMPETITION
TOP Honda
TOP Acura
TOP Nissan
TOP Toyota
TOP Mazda
TOP Mitsubishi
TOP Scion
TOP Hyundai
TOP Exotic
TOP Infiniti
TOP Lexus
TOP Subaru
TOP Dodge
TOP Ford
TOP GM
TOP BMW
TOP VW

TEAM COMPETITION
SUPERIOR Car Team – Quality *CASH Award*
Exceptional in Team Unity (Quantity)

OPEN COMPETITION
Excellence in JDM Build
Excellence in VIP Build
Cleanest Car Award
Exceptional Interior Build
Superior Engine Bay
Outstanding Paint and Finish
Superior Female Ride
Top Old School
Top Truck Build
Top Motorcycle Build

FITMENT COMPETITION
Proper Fitment (1st - 3rd) Winner receives custom coil springs from Road Magnet
Proper Air Fitment

Roll In is from 8:30AM - 10:30AM at the Shenandoah Gate (GATE 2) where you will proceed to the Car Show registration building to the left of the entrance.

Awards Ceremony will approximately be at 5PM

Car Teams of 6 or more are eligible for a team discount. Please contact kuconnection@gmail.com with the name of your club and number of entries for instructions

http://www.hyper-fest.com/?page_id=221

The Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET is a proud supporter of HyperFest….you gotta check it out; there is something for everyone at this event!

-Ryan
Old 05-20-2013, 04:30 AM
Chugg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be up there driving in the HPDE any one else going to make it?
Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM
KAT_Ayanami

I will be there giving Rally ride-alongs on Saturday and racing on the rally sprint on Sunday.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 PM
C5_vette

I'll be there, Roberto trying to hook up a rally ride along? Ha
Old 05-21-2013, 04:03 PM
KAT_Ayanami

Sure. Just come to me in person. Otherwise you will have to wait in line and donate $5.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:29 PM
chinkymrsettles

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone getting together to convoy from md? Do they sell beer?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:09 AM
chinkymrsettles

A couple friends and i will be driving down around 8am and will be camping that evening. Anyone showing their cars?
Old 05-29-2013, 03:49 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll probably drive my suv and see you guys there
Old 06-07-2013, 03:24 AM
ResIpsa

I will be driving my 370Z in HPDE 3 but this is a great spectator event as well.

http://www.hyper-fest.com/

I have HyperFest to thank for finally taking the plunge and signing up for my first track day. I remember heading up there with the National G Club ostensibly to watch the drift racing on the Shenandoah Circuit. However my eyes kept drifting over to the Main Circuit watching what seemed like every make and model of car furiously lapping and thinking I should be there.

If you go to HyperFest remember to wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to explore. Almost every part of the facility is open to spectators so don’t be afraid to check out the different tracks. You can pretty much go anywhere unless a track official tells you otherwise.

Be sure to check out the Thunder Race at 4:15 p.m. on the Main Track. I am driving the only 370Z in the event (there is one 350Z in HPDE 1) and will be on track at 10:05 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 4:45 p.m.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:35 AM
chinkymrsettles

Originally Posted by ResIpsa
I will be driving my 370Z in HPDE 3 but this is a great spectator event as well.

http://www.hyper-fest.com/

I have HyperFest to thank for finally taking the plunge and signing up for my first track day. I remember heading up there with the National G Club ostensibly to watch the drift racing on the Shenandoah Circuit. However my eyes kept drifting over to the Main Circuit watching what seemed like every make and model of car furiously lapping and thinking I should be there.

If you go to HyperFest remember to wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to explore. Almost every part of the facility is open to spectators so don’t be afraid to check out the different tracks. You can pretty much go anywhere unless a track official tells you otherwise.

Be sure to check out the Thunder Race at 4:15 p.m. on the Main Track. I am driving the only 370Z in the event (there is one 350Z in HPDE 1) and will be on track at 10:05 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 4:45 p.m.
Thanks for the info. I haven't seen any schedule posted yet.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:45 AM
ResIpsa

Here is the schedule for the NASA Groups running on the Main Track.

http://www.nasaracing.net/wp-content...hed-sat-v1.pdf
Old 06-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Chugg

I am driving the only 370Z in the event (there is one 350Z in HPDE 1) and will be on track at 10:05 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 4:45 p.m.

im the 350..... :-) this is def going to be my last event in hpde1 need to get NASA to sign off on moving me up :-/
Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 AM
ResIpsa

Originally Posted by Chugg
im the 350..... :-) this is def going to be my last event in hpde1 need to get NASA to sign off on moving me up :-/
I will tell you a little secret. NASA likes when driver’s take the initiative to move themselves up. Considering you have enough track days, it demonstrates a level of confidence.

You can ask for a check off ride. Or…

Personally, I was never signed off for group 2 or 3 (instructors can be a little hesitant in moving their students up a group). For group 2, I got an email from Laura Cobetto asking if I wanted to move up because of my number of track days. I readily accepted.

For group 3 I just signed up and waited to see what happened. No one questioned me or even raised an eyebrow. Voila, group 3!

I would let you drive along with me but I only have a driver’s seat.

See you at the track!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Chugg

I will tell you a little secret. NASA likes when driver’s take the initiative to move themselves up. Considering you have enough track days, it demonstrates a level of confidence.

You can ask for a check off ride. Or…

Personally, I was never signed off for group 2 or 3 (instructors can be a little hesitant in moving their students up a group). For group 2, I got an email from Laura Cobetto asking if I wanted to move up because of my number of track days. I readily accepted.

For group 3 I just signed up and waited to see what happened. No one questioned me or even raised an eyebrow. Voila, group 3!

I would let you drive along with me but I only have a driver’s seat.

See you at the track!

Thats what I was going to do for Octoberfast next at VIR...this is my first time at summit point so I figured why not Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:23 AM
ResIpsa

You will see that compared to VIR, Summit Point looks like a track that time forgot. The facilities are a little run down. However, it really comes alive during Hyper-Fest.

Also, the paddock is a lot smaller than VIR so expect parking to be a pain in the a$$. Unless you show up Friday night (or have someone save a space for you) you will probably be parking in the grass.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:13 PM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

im gonna be driving up from South Carolina...I used to live up in that area and this will be like my 6 or 7th event ive been to. Always fun place to be! Wont be in the z though, its still in the shop getting built. Figure I see how my new daily driver 240 does on a long road trip.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:29 AM
ResIpsa

Originally Posted by meanz
im gonna be driving up from South Carolina...I used to live up in that area and this will be like my 6 or 7th event ive been to. Always fun place to be! Wont be in the z though, its still in the shop getting built. Figure I see how my new daily driver 240 does on a long road trip.
Have a safe trip. The weather today is going to get nasty.

Your 240’s are going to be well represented this weekend. I counted 7 on the driver list!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:04 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks, were actually getting ready to leave today. I just registered to ride with Vaughn Gitten. For some reason my gopro won't work so it's gonna be all iPhone.