Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Has anyone raced a Mustang GT yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 01:24 PM
ZFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he beat a 2001 or 99' cobra I believe it. I've seen tests where the GT actually turned faster times than the cobra 14.0 to 14.2 in the 1/4 mile. If I were you guys I'd be worring about Camaros and stuff like that. No replacement for displacement. The Stang dosent even touch them unless it's modded. I had a 99' SS Camaro that turned high 11's just with a little intake and head work... and a shot of juice. But after three years it started falling apart. I cross shopped a 2003 Cobra with the Z, and for 33large, the Z is a hell of a lot better build quality and an overall better car. I could see the Mustang's plastic and rubber interior warping in the hot Texas sun after a year. As for the GT, I raced one in my VOLVO S60 T-5M and pulled it by a half car length after 100. He took me off the line, but I was able to make it up. We were both stock. Anyway, all in good fun.

-Bryan
Old 12-09-2002, 02:20 PM
Wicked4u2c

HAHA A RUSTANG BETTER THAN A Z!!!!! LOL That is the funniest thing I have ever heard, thats why I get so many compliments everywhere I go. I know its a new car but everyone tells me how beautiful it is. But again everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Who the **** cares if your crusty rusty is faster.. Nobody is impressed anyway. I laugh at you guys And this is coming from an OLD Mustang owner... Don't hate dude

OH BY THE WAY CHECK OUT THE PICTURE BELOW!!!!!!! HAHA

Old 12-09-2002, 02:48 PM
Zmeflyby

Originally posted by BoostedStang
This guy is a joke!! he said he WALKED the Cobra, that would never happen from a roll, the Cobra traps 101-105 compared to the 350Z 98-101, the Cobra will walk HARD from a roll, he is calling out my supercharged mustang! He does not even own a car!! He is a loser kid! C'mon, listen to what he says, it is pathetic!
101-105?
the Z traps 98-103..
cobra would walk a Z hard...
someones on crack
Old 12-09-2002, 04:41 PM
ZFlyer

Hey BoostedStang, you need to work on your launch, maybe get some slicks because you should be doing better than a 2.4 with all that HP. It's also funny that your only getting a 12.2 1/4 mile with that charger bolted on there. I've seen LS1 F-bodys in the mid 10's on all motor. Not ragging on your ride because 12.2 is pretty respectable for a Mustang, just some suggestions.

-Bryan
Old 12-09-2002, 05:06 PM
ZFlyer

Good for you BoostedStang!! Now all you need to do is send your car to an interior shop to get a descent interior put in it. Then after all the stuff you've had to do to make your Mustang a "good" car, it will maybe finally make it a good car. As for me, I'll just have to settle for a Z that was already good when it came out of the factory.

-Bryan
Old 12-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Wicked4u2c

Hey ZFlyer don't bother with him.. Its pointless arguing. I don't feel like the Z is some sort of GOD or whatever but it sure is better than a Mustang. Again I had an Saleen S281 and compared to a Z believe me, the Z is far better. And yes, the Cobra would walk on a Z. Its about time FORD put a damn supercharger on that Cobra to make it at least a respectable car. Your forgeting someting here Boostedstang... A car is not all about running in a straightline. The Z is a well balanced car, has great looks, a true 2 seater sportscar, has great acceleration, and very damn comfortable I might add! Along with entertainment (DVD/TV) to go with it.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:31 PM
Zmeflyby

i know cobras can trap up to 105...
i know cobras have potential..
but that wasnt my point..
my point was that ive seen some Zs trapped up to 103 stock..
the cobra wont be walkin the Z. like u said..
Old 12-09-2002, 06:12 PM
Wicked4u2c

I am sorry to say this but boostedstang your such an ignorant. You bought the mustang because you wanted a fast car HAHAAHHA!! Dude, if you want to go fast you buy a civic hatcback (2-3K) Dump a fully built motor and run 11's all day long. Alot of my buddys have setups like this. Estimated cost... under 10K and will walk on 90% of any street car. I look up the Saleen info so I can post it for you... Again whatever floats your boat buddy. What cracks me up is why are you in these forums anyway? Is it because you thought about getting one or is just to brag about your crusty car?
Old 12-09-2002, 06:22 PM
BigBadBuford

I don't really think that a Cobra would "walk" a 350Z, and a Z wouldn't walk a Cobra.. I think they would actually be fairly close. I've been with my brother plenty of times when he has raced Cobras, and he pulls from them about the same as he pulls from me. Also, the independent rear in the Cobra doesn't automatically make it a great handler, that rear was more of a cheap fix for an old platform and from what I've heard makes the car very hard to launch.

I would still probably go with a Mustang over an import for straight line acceleration though. You can make Mustangs quick very cheaply if you know what you are doing, and that is true for pretty much any American car with a big displacement motor, especially the LS1.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:59 PM
ChicagoEZ

Default Hope he stays long enough to see this

All i know is that every morning i ride the elevator down to the garage i walk up to this...........

ohh yeah i will take this to my grave... i walked that Mustang maybe it wasnt running up to par it sure sounded healthy and i know cars, also know speed alot better than you too but thats another story...... sung to the tune of 02 1000cc yamaha named R1 which by the way ran a 9.689 in the 1/4 and i HAVE THE SLIP TO PROVE IT
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone raced a Mustang GT yet?-chad-and-zz.jpg  
Old 12-09-2002, 07:20 PM
ChicagoEZ

boosted, as for a punk kid i wont even bother waste of my valuble time but the above photo should put to rest the question of what i drive

2003 Performance Six Speed Nissan 350z

2003 Ford mustang cobra

and dont say what about svt or supercharged blah blah cuz just wait until NISMO then it will be over
Old 12-09-2002, 07:22 PM
Old Skooler

Hey BoostedStang,

Don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:36 PM
Wicked4u2c

Dude, I owned that Saleen years back and only for like 3 months, do you honestly think I will remeber when I had that car like ****ing 7 years ago? Anyhow... If you want to talk about speed and 1/4 mile times isn't it sad to see 6 Cylinders running as quick as you V8 muscle guys... That should mean something to you. Enginering is a lot better!

Download this video RUSTANG Tundra

Yes, that is a 6 Cylinder, Supra engine. Running 6's.. How sad is that, if you want to talk about true competiton the mustang sucks nuts dude... Im not even here to talk about how great the Z is.. I am here to take you down your little cloud that you are in over hyping a POS car. Vipers, Corvettes, NSX, Skylines, EVO, are just a few of many bad *** cars.. And believe me, your stang isn't one of them... And isnt it funny how we only have 6 cylinders and are so competitive in the scene.. Hands down to 4cyl cars also.. I will show more respect to a Fast Civic than any stang.. Because it takes a great deal to make a 4cyl 1.6L faster than a V8. Enough said... And yes, we can be a bit cocky driving a bad *** car for the price we paid... This battle isn't even about the Z......
Old 12-10-2002, 05:51 AM
Eric1h

lets just say this.............a STOCK Mustang GT is going to be alot slower than a STOCK Z.
I have dog walked GT's with my slow azz Avenger Running a 75 shot(still barely 210hp at the wheels) because they are alot heavier

My avenger was 3200lbs, front wheel drive and would spin the tires like mad. and YES i know how to drive, i have been driving and racing since i was old enought to drive......now a supercharged msustang would kill us STOCK, throw on a 100shot and its all over. And as for the 2003 SVT COBRA, no contest it would thrash us stock and probably even with a 100shot or extra 100 hp. those things have 390hp and are built for nothing but FAST straight line racing. get one on an autocross course though and its a totally different story.

END OF STORY

Quick Reply: Has anyone raced a Mustang GT yet?