Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Has anyone raced a Mustang GT yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 06:58 AM
Eric1h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, keep in mind what we are dealing with of course a big v8 is going to be able to put out more HP and torque NA that a much smaller v6, its apples and donuts. Mustangs are what they are........the last of the old muscle cars. Muscle cars are know for being inexpensive and fast in a straightline. not prime handling cars. Matter of fact the ford mustang was rated one of the LEAST safest cars on the road by the insurance commision for thatvery reason. Too much HP cheap and not enough handling for all the power.

Bottom line the Z has alot of all aspects, fairly inexpensive(unless you ask my wife) pretty fast and handles great. And trust me im all to familiar with mustangs and how they handle.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:18 AM
pearl demon

I agree with the person who said the if you think either of the two cars will walk away from each other is fooling themselves.

The rest of you have too much pride to give up.

ChicagoEZ: Seeing as you're challenging people to races, I was wondering how I would do against a new Z. Care to set something up?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:55 AM
ChicagoEZ

No thanks i wasnt trying to race a more than likely tricked out Vr4 cuz im not trying to get my a$$ handed to me, but maybe next year when i slap some kind of FI on my Z, the chip mod, and some exhuast then ill take you up on handing you you youra$$

ok ok i am gonna quit being a antagonist its getting really old

Bossted im sure your Mustang is fast as hell, and im sure your proud of your machine, its just not my cup of tea thats all, and by the way you are on a Z forum so it should be kinda of expected your gonna get razzed when you start prasing a mustang

Lets all be thankful we have the freedom to even drive these cars , and express our opinoins openly

thats all
laters
Old 12-10-2002, 12:39 PM
StockLT1

99+ cobra> 350Z, especially from a roll. If you walked one hard on the freeway it was still in 5th or not racing, or possibly even a v6 or GT with cobra badges(domestic rice). The only reason those cars don't ET better then mid 13's usually is the bad factory gearing, which isn't much of a handicap once the car is moving and you can downshift into the powerband. A good race would be a 96-98 DOHC cobra and a 350Z, the times I've seen from both are almost identical.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:49 PM
ou812

could have been a 99 without the fix. thats possible. but my z doesnt hang with my 00 camaro z28, and the cam is auto but i have raced a gt several times and have been the winner, and also have lost to my friend 96 cobra. so to beat a 99 cobra the way he is saying, i doubt it but possible without the fix
Old 12-10-2002, 06:29 PM
Nealoc187

Wow this thread went down hill in a big hurry.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:07 PM
ChicagoEZ

Yes either chrome or polished, this is what happend i was with my girlfreind on a two lane highway with some stop lights he kept reving up and jumpin forward, so in dispite of my girlfreinds attempts to sway me to passiveness, i gently put it in 2nd at about 4500 rpm so he knew i was game, we were side by side going whatever speed in 2nd gear at 4500rpm the z was growlin and he heard it no mind you i wasnt jumpin forward or reving just going like 30-35 in second at a constant speed, as soon as i heard his clutch go in, i stomped on the pedal, he put it in 2nd cuz that stang got real mean sounding and his front end was sittin high (HE was FLOORING HIS CAR) and i pulled at least 1-2.5 MPH on him
I speed shifted to third seemlesly and i was probbaly pullin 2-3 mph on him same with fourth so by the time we wer going 90-100 i was 3 - 3.5 lengths ahead maybe 4 i really couldnt concentrate with my girlfreind screaming in my face,

I pulled away from him the whole time, my car was faster, his was slower he never once made any ground on me , at the end i was prob a good 3 if not 4 ahead of him ,

the funny thing was that he accutaly gave me a thumbs up as i exited the highway on a diffrent ramp, almost as to say
" Man that new Z just spanked my cobra im impressed" so argue your mute points all you want, stay up all night letting it consume you but the truth is. On that night a Z beat a Cobra i dont care if it wasnt a 03, or if it was dohc or what ever kind of justifcating excuse you can come up with the fact is he lost and i doubt that it wasnt a cobra becuase ive had freinds with them and everything was the same, there was the cobras on the sides the cobra rear bumper the cobra center caps and it sounded REAL mean.

so maybye i wont beat the next one, but i SPANKED THAT ONE

THATS ALL FOLKS
Old 12-11-2002, 05:52 AM
BigBadBuford

I think this story goes to show that a Z CAN beat a Cobra. It doesn't matter if it is driver error or what, but the Z did win. I think a race between a Cobra (and especially a GT) is more of a driver's race than anything.

This thread is starting to be like the "'03 Cobra vs LS1" threads over on LS1.com. The '03 Cobra guys always say how they will walk all over an LS1, but I've been with my brother in his T/A (stock) when he walked an '03 Cobra from a stop and a roll. It may be a bad driver, but a win is a win!
Old 12-11-2002, 02:46 PM
ChicagoEZ

thanks BIG,

i have no reason to lie, i could care less if i won or
lost. Its not like my entire ego is bassed on how fast my car is unlike boosted. I luagh at your pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better by telling me "NO WAY NEVER YOUR A MORON"

I beat whatever the Fuc$ it was, and im pretty DAMN sure it was a cobra

second nobody gives a rats a$$ about the fact that POS RUSTANG 5 point SLOW's will take us in a straight line, Cuz any FUKIN REDNeK MULLET WEARIN HILLJACK CAN POINT HIS CAR STRAIGHT AND PUSH THE PEDAL DOWN.

IT TAKES a 10 fold better driver to be able to race his car arround a track and you know what? A Z WILL FUKIN SMOKE YOUR A$$ when it comes to real racing,

IF YOU WANNA ATTACK MY INTEGRITY thats fine, cuz i know your some hillbilly jagbag with a mustang. who goes out every friday night to the same old lame as bar probbably named BEER BARREL, and pulls his mustang right up front cuz its the coolest ride in your $******** town and gets all the nasty infected barn coon.

GET OFF THIS BOARD GO AWAY, you dont deserve respect on here i tried in pastpoststo kill the fued, but you always have something smartA$$ to say

i just know that i am 20 years old, i have a sweetass job that i love i make plentey of dough to suit my lifestyle with my backdrop not being some yokel little $hit a$$ town where cuz you have a tricked out stang your a hero with all the little 16-18 year old small town nastys

, but the 3rd largest city in the country and and a unbeliveable apartment overlooking it all from the 18th floor. Not to mention the awesome nightlife. AND THE BEST PART, My Z which is ten times the machine then any production mustang ever! gets just as much attention as the cars it gets parked next too, which when on a friday night is usualy a couple 360's tons of TT 911's M3's, H2's, bentleys, rolls. Hell ive even seen a Buggatti, and whats even better the guys who drive these REAL NICE cars dont blast the z they PRASIE IT. park your mustang their it will get the attention of a rusted out tempo, no matter how much wax you use to seal that POS together.

AND OMG THE LAST BEST THING IT WAS $33,000 instead of 100,000's

DID I MENTION I WAS 20 well hell dreams do come true if you make em
Old 12-11-2002, 03:01 PM
ou812

ouch man its okay i also know our z's will win in track race. and mustangs arnt the fastest of cars but i do believe you posted about a straight line race. so if any redneck can do it why did you post it up and i love my z. it is my favorite car ever. and i live in the biggest city in the country so a redneck i am not. since i have a camaro z28 and a 350z. i can believe you beat one, but the whoopin you say you gave it, he must of had a flat tire, also the best part of these boards are people meeting from across the country to discuss there cars and trolls are cool too, he is on here because he obviously likes our cars, and if you say our cars are fast, there is always someone faster. and my 350z is not even that close to my camaro is straight line speed but hey what a ride though.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:11 PM
ChicagoEZ

I do agree with you, im gonna go pop some chill pills and relax i get bent outta shape real quick, i cant help it im a Chicagoian

im sure other members are sick of this hoo ha, and i will not respond to and further posts on this thread

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING
THANKS YOU GOODNIGHT
Old 12-11-2002, 05:17 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BoostedStang -

I'm gonna have to call BS on your 1/4 time. There is NO WAY you ran a 12.2@113 with a HORRIBLE 2.4 60ft. I've seen Z06s run 12.3-12.4@114-116 with 2.0-2.1 short times. Your time doesn't add up....

As for all your other BS, get your head out of your a$$....you really don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited by BriGuyMax; 12-11-2002 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:34 PM
roberto350z

Originally posted by ChicagoEZ
i know your some hillbilly jagbag with a mustang. who goes out every friday night to the same old lame as bar probbably named BEER BARREL, and pulls his mustang right up front cuz its the coolest ride in your $******** town and gets all the nasty infected barn coon.
Holy crap ....Ill never argue with you!
Old 12-11-2002, 05:53 PM
ou812

His car has potential for 11 if that is his numbers his car is boosted. I know mustang 96 gt around 230 stock hp and is boosted with 16psi and is running high 11s he also has full exhuast, upper intake, and most boltons. this guy is a friend and goes performance guy as i do and the head mechanic is a good friend
Old 12-11-2002, 05:56 PM
ou812

i am very tired forgot some words! " i know a guy who has a 96" " he goes to the same performace guy" my goodness that was bad

Quick Reply: Has anyone raced a Mustang GT yet?