Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Has anyone raced a Mustang GT yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 10:39 AM
lyonsd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Woops

Originally posted by 1Redline350Z
Crustangs/Cobras, whatever, are all engine covered in a big turd; and a dressed up turd is still a turd.
Must really suck when you get beat by a turd, eh?
Old 01-09-2003, 10:27 AM
DarkKnight

the 350Z's are beautiful cars, and quick as well
however, IMO, you're going to have to mod a bit to mess with a stock 96+ cobra-these cars can run 13.7+ all day long before even being modded.
as far as the 99+ GT's, that will be close. from a raw HP/TQ perspective, i think the GT would win, but i'm not sure.
i've yet to race any new Z's, but i'll fill you in when I do.
peace,

Robert
2000 NBM WS6
M6, MTI Clear Lid, !Cags
Eibach, Tokico, Hotchkis RLCA
No Dyno/Track Time Yet
Old 01-12-2003, 07:47 AM
RUSSH

Originally posted by roberto350z
I beat an f-body, and that should be quiker than mustang (off the line)
Must have been a V6 Fbody
Old 01-12-2003, 07:55 AM
RUSSH

Originally posted by zogan
Why are we even taking the time to talk about mustangs. They will never be in the same leage as the Z. I pulled up next to one, guy ask me if I was driving "daddy's car", so I asked him if he was driving "Mommy's Car". Mustangs are a dime a dozen, look at them, it is something you buy your 16 year old daughter for xmas. They are in the same leage as a Camaro or Grand-AM even. The Z is inovative and original. Now I am mad I have just waisted one minute of my time writing this dumb thread.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Maximam

Originally posted by BoostedStang
I understang, but those times were on stock tires with the presure droped, my 99 GT went 13.97@99 Bone Stcok, so I know for a fact it is a 13 second car, and gears and slicks and it will go low 13's, and for supercharging the Z, I have a strong feeling the 03 would still win, 390 HP, is alot!! And it has even more torque!!
The '03 Cobra is putting 350ish RWHP down stock! That is 415hp with a conservative 15% loss.

A 350Z would have to add 110 RWHP with that SC to equal the power. There is no replacement for .........! (without TTs!)

I want a TT350Z!

Last edited by Maximam; 01-12-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:19 PM
sukkoi19

Man you some of you guys are arrogant jerks. I dont feel the need to insult the 350Z, so why do you feel the need to insult my Mustang. The Mustang lives up to the pony car tradition solid axle fairly strong V8 affordable performance. I you dont believe me look at the original. It was never designed to be the fasttest car, just a cheap relativly fast fun car. The Z started life the same way. Now its evolved into a rather expensive personal luxury sports car and if thats your thing great. My thing is no power options no leather no A/C no sound deadening removed seats so just accept it. I dont come down on you unless your sitting next to me at a stoplight revving the sh*t out of your engine and telling me my mustang or camaros a POS. Then I'm going to do my best to humiliate you. I think thats fair dont you. I mean wouldnt you get annoyed if somebody a car thats not in the same category as yours did that to you. And Im not saying that stock my Mustang would beat, Hell it ran 14.7 new but with all that I invested I think its changed categorys, and yes I think my Z28 would win, but since I drive it like once ever month I dont Im going to get any 350z races, especially where I live. And respect the 350Z very much, thats why I joined this forum to see what the owners have to say, and to share the automotive experiance, but some of you guys act like your Zs are Ferarris or something just lighten up and remember just cause you like imports more than domestics doesnt mean you have to be overly insulting to them.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:56 PM
SpyVO

Oh my god what is wrong with you people?

I read the first few pages of this, and you people are simply dillusional. It is so hard to read the crap that some of you people believe.

Z vs. a new Mustang GT? PLEASE. Even if the Z can eek out a win, a NEW GT COSTS 20k, and HAS an aftermarket! A Z STARTS at 26k. You can make a GT a HELLUVA a lot faster than a Z and STILL have a bunch of cash left over. I'm not even going to MENTION what Cobra would do to a Z... ANY COBRA, from 93 to present.

As for handling, the Z was slower around the road course than an S2000 in Car and Driver. And in Road and Track, a Camaro SS was faster than the S2000 (and Boxster S and BMW M Roadster)around the road course. So if you think about it, a Camaro SS would seem to have the edge on a Z in the turns...

So what you're left with is a car that YOU THINK has a nicer interior. Well, sure, you can think that. And all this turbo-kit crap... You're NOT going to run much boost on a motor with compression as high as that in a Z's motor. SO now you're looking at new pistons and internals. Well, that's not going to be cheap, and an '03 Cobra with a pully and exhaust is STILL going to mess you up in EVERY contest (including handling, see Car and Driver where the Mach 1 narrowly trails the Z, and I think it's safe to assume a Cobra will outhandle the Mach1).

I'm sorry, but your only arguement is that you think the Z is more refined and better looking. And that's an opinion that not everyone will share.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:04 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SpyVO
Oh my god what is wrong with you people?

I read the first few pages of this, and you people are simply dillusional. It is so hard to read the crap that some of you people believe.

Z vs. a new Mustang GT? PLEASE. Even if the Z can eek out a win, a NEW GT COSTS 20k, and HAS an aftermarket! A Z STARTS at 26k. You can make a GT a HELLUVA a lot faster than a Z and STILL have a bunch of cash left over. I'm not even going to MENTION what Cobra would do to a Z... ANY COBRA, from 93 to present.

As for handling, the Z was slower around the road course than an S2000 in Car and Driver. And in Road and Track, a Camaro SS was faster than the S2000 (and Boxster S and BMW M Roadster)around the road course. So if you think about it, a Camaro SS would seem to have the edge on a Z in the turns...

So what you're left with is a car that YOU THINK has a nicer interior. Well, sure, you can think that. And all this turbo-kit crap... You're NOT going to run much boost on a motor with compression as high as that in a Z's motor. SO now you're looking at new pistons and internals. Well, that's not going to be cheap, and an '03 Cobra with a pully and exhaust is STILL going to mess you up in EVERY contest (including handling, see Car and Driver where the Mach 1 narrowly trails the Z, and I think it's safe to assume a Cobra will outhandle the Mach1).

I'm sorry, but your only arguement is that you think the Z is more refined and better looking. And that's an opinion that not everyone will share.
And this magazine says "this"......so then "that" must be true, becuase magazines ALWAYS know what they are talking about
Old 01-14-2003, 10:13 PM
C My Tails 350Z

Hey guys, once you beat the damn lowly Mustang GT's (which you had better be modded for, and lowly is relative, I mean no disrespect to GT owners), come after us LS1's. The Humble Pie will be thrown directly in the faces. Ive already taken 3 Z's out, Im aiming for a cocky Z owner ownage monthly quota of 5. One of these was in the Bentley, guess the guy has never seen one before but he was shocked.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:21 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by C My Tails 350Z
Hey guys, once you beat the damn lowly Mustang GT's (which you had better be modded for, and lowly is relative, I mean no disrespect to GT owners), come after us LS1's. The Humble Pie will be thrown directly in the faces. Ive already taken 3 Z's out, Im aiming for a cocky Z owner ownage monthly quota of 5. One of these was in the Bentley, guess the guy has never seen one before but he was shocked.

you're a total homo....what are you 15 years old????
Old 01-14-2003, 10:26 PM
C My Tails 350Z

Haha, may I ask why you think that a) my sexual preference is important and b) what makes me a homo and immature about this post. It just seems that alot of the 350Z owners are just about as cocky as they can be about their cars and dont think that anything can beat them. I simply go around informing them of how dead wrong they are.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:44 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Haha, may I ask why you think that a) my sexual preference is important and b) what makes me a homo and immature about this post. It just seems that alot of the 350Z owners are just about as cocky as they can be about their cars and dont think that anything can beat them. I simply go around informing them of how dead wrong they are.

I don't mean "homo" in a sexual preference meaning, just what the hell was with your comment??????

if you really "did" own a Bentley (which I HIGHLY doubt you do) then why the hell would you be posting on these internet forums trying to egg people on.

Seriously...why are you wasting your time here??? Do you really have NOTHING better to do????
Old 01-14-2003, 11:03 PM
C My Tails 350Z

I frequent many boards and recently found out about this one. Everything I have said has been more in a lighthearted tone rather than a malicious (its 3 am, dont bother me about my spelling) one. I am on the internet because no, I really dont have anything better to do at 3 am on a Tuesday night.

About the car, I do own a 2001 Bentley Azure as part of my collection but Im not going to argue with you for the only possible way to prove is me providing pictures, which could very well have been taken by somebody else of somebody else's car.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:51 AM
sukkoi19

Those are some very nice cars you have there C my tails 350z, but I might only a few of these guys are being jerks most of the others are conceding reality. You have to remember this is a brand new car and people are going to be rightly proud of it. Give it a few years on the street and people will be realistic about its performance. I remember when the LS1 first came out, Mustang guys were saying its only got 20 more ponys than an LT1 just a few mods here and there and we can take. yeah right!! live and learn. Car and driver does a less strenous slalom than MT. The 350z clearly rules in MTs posting 67mph to the SS 62mph and the C5 66mph the ZO6 does win with a 70 mph.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:48 AM
SpyVO

Originally posted by sukkoi19
Those are some very nice cars you have there C my tails 350z, You have to remember this is a brand new car and people are going to be rightly proud of it. Give it a few years on the street and people will be realistic about its performance.

Car and driver does a less strenous slalom than MT. The 350z clearly rules in MTs posting 67mph to the SS 62mph and the C5 66mph the ZO6 does win with a 70 mph.
It'll go down in history just like the 300ZX did. Neat car, but nothing special. And as for the TT 300ZXs? Again, neat, but still pretty rare.

And who said anything about slalom? I said ROAD COURSE, as in Thunderhill Park. Not cones in a Wal-Mart parking lot.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:51 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

It'll go down in history just like the 300ZX did. Neat car, but nothing special. And as for the TT 300ZXs? Again, neat, but still pretty rare.

And who said anything about slalom? I said ROAD COURSE, as in Thunderhill Park. Not cones in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

Yea, and the STOCK F-body and Mustang handle AWESOME
Old 01-15-2003, 09:12 AM
SpyVO

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
Yea, and the STOCK F-body and Mustang handle AWESOME
Um, yeah that's right. You're kidding if you think that a Z is WAY ahead of those cars, right?
Old 01-15-2003, 09:14 AM
max2000jp

About the car, I do own a 2001 Bentley Azure as part of my collection but Im not going to argue with you for the only possible way to prove is me providing pictures, which could very well have been taken by somebody else of somebody else's car.
And I have a F50 sitting in my garage....I have the pics to prove it too
Old 01-15-2003, 09:20 AM
max2000jp

Um, yeah that's right. You're kidding if you think that a Z is WAY ahead of those cars, right?
From your posts I realize you have no clue what you are talking about. Mustangs handle like **** from the factory, even Cobras. How do I know this, my friend road races stangs and owns a racing company that builds custom cars/suspensions. I was going to purchase a 03 GT 5 speed, but it would cost too much money to make it into what I would wanted and in the end you are still driving a Mustang. The SN95 chassis dates back to the mid-late 70s so it needs a lot of work to make it perform well.

Second, you have a problem with reading comprehension. In the above posts you stated that the S2k was faster around the road course per C&D. Re-read it again and you will find that the Z is the fastest of the comparo.

Quick Reply: Has anyone raced a Mustang GT yet?