Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Checkn in from Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Thrillseekr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Checkn in from Dallas

Hiya fella's - thought I'd drop in and say Hi, and go ahead and go ahead and get my first post out of the way with a little bit of an intro here.

So damn, I'm turning 30 this month and decided that I needed a better second car then the one that I had. For the past two years, I've been driving an 04 BMW 325ci. I got to hand it to them, the damn Germans know how to engineer some pretty good cars. I love my BMW, don't get me wrong, it's a great car, but I felt that she needed a friend to sit next to her in the garage. I initially had a Jeep as my 2nd car, you know keep the top off, run to the grocery store, weekend camping, beer runs, stuff like that. But then I realized, the Jeep and the BMW just don't go together. So the Jeep is gone.

I found a great deal, at least IMHO,,, I had been considering either a GTO or a 350 - - - I'm not looking to start a war over which is better, they each have their own strengths, and I've owned an 04 GTO before too so I know it's capabilities, but I've always thought the 350 was just damn good looking, and way the hell better then the GTO is.

So I found a silver 06 350z 6mt that had only 19k miles on it (clear carfax and clear title). I took it out for a test drive and quickly realized that this is one helluva car. Then I made the dealership quiver... turns out that their sales manager doesn't talk often enough to their internet manager about pricing... KBB had the car marked at $26g or so, and the sales manager initially quoted a price of $23999 as the initial asking price. BUT, the dealership's internet manager had already listed the price at $19g... anyways, I ended up closing the deal quickly, and they had to use the $19g price point for where we started negotiations.

So I ended up with a great looking car, only 19k miles for right at $19g, I was pretty happy with the deal, the dealership wasn't too happy as they had barely any room to haggle with.

I have no idea why it took me so long to own a car like this. I'm not a tall guy, all of 5'6" or so, but this car is def set up for short ppl like me. The whole layout of the cockpit is amazing. Damn, and I love to drive fast in it. I think I put about 90 miles on it today just driving around and playing in traffic. This car makes driving fun - the BMW is fun too, but with the 2.5l engine, it goes, but nowhere close to what the 350 can do.

So I'm a proud new owner. And I love it. I may have increased my cool points by a few. I like fast cars, and hot girls. If the girls are fast then that's fine too. But I sure as hell don't really want one in the front seat of my 350z, they'll just F it up.

Last edited by Thrillseekr; 07-10-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:13 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome welcome man! ha..ha. i like the screen name, not bad for you and your new Z!

Come out to our meet this weekend:

https://my350z.com/forum/meet-ups-ev...mall-meet.html

You can see the cars, do a little cruise and meet some BBQ with the rest of us Dallas enthusiast.....its a pretty active group.....

Where/what part in Dallas are you located?
-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 07-10-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Thrillseekr

I'm up in Carrollton, right close to 121 and 35. So I can def make the meet in Grapevine this Sunday. Thx for the invite to the meet, I'm looking forward to it.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:59 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

^ awesome, but until then........post some pics!!!

-J
Old 07-10-2009, 10:05 PM
quiksilverx181

Congrats on your new Z. I think you could have negotiated lower. I just bought a brand new 08 with 86 miles on it for 21k.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Thrillseekr

Originally Posted by quiksilverx181
Congrats on your new Z. I think you could have negotiated lower. I just bought a brand new 08 with 86 miles on it for 21k.
Damn that's crazy cool to find one at that price. Congrats on your purchase. I wonder if it had something to do with the different market areas for the differing price points. I guess all the dealerships in the Dallas area are pretty proud of their cars!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:35 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Don't sweat it, i think you got a good deal........and for like you said, the market area.

-J
Old 07-11-2009, 06:46 AM
Thrillseekr

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
^ awesome, but until then........post some pics!!!

-J

Ask and you shall receive... Now I got to run downstairs and clean the windows... my morning starbucks run and I couldn't avoid the sprinklers going off in the grassy area next to right lane...
Attached Thumbnails Checkn in from Dallas-photo.jpg  
Old 07-11-2009, 06:50 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

sweet.....ya car looks good/new........19k miles is a new car IMHO...

-J
Old 07-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrillseekr
Hiya fella's - thought I'd drop in and say Hi, and go ahead and go ahead and get my first post out of the way with a little bit of an intro here.

So damn, I'm turning 30 this month and decided that I needed a better second car then the one that I had. For the past two years, I've been driving an 04 BMW 325ci. I got to hand it to them, the damn Germans know how to engineer some pretty good cars. I love my BMW, don't get me wrong, it's a great car, but I felt that she needed a friend to sit next to her in the garage. I initially had a Jeep as my 2nd car, you know keep the top off, run to the grocery store, weekend camping, beer runs, stuff like that. But then I realized, the Jeep and the BMW just don't go together. So the Jeep is gone.

I found a great deal, at least IMHO,,, I had been considering either a GTO or a 350 - - - I'm not looking to start a war over which is better, they each have their own strengths, and I've owned an 04 GTO before too so I know it's capabilities, but I've always thought the 350 was just damn good looking, and way the hell better then the GTO is.

So I found a silver 06 350z 6mt that had only 19k miles on it (clear carfax and clear title). I took it out for a test drive and quickly realized that this is one helluva car. Then I made the dealership quiver... turns out that their sales manager doesn't talk often enough to their internet manager about pricing... KBB had the car marked at $26g or so, and the sales manager initially quoted a price of $23999 as the initial asking price. BUT, the dealership's internet manager had already listed the price at $19g... anyways, I ended up closing the deal quickly, and they had to use the $19g price point for where we started negotiations.

So I ended up with a great looking car, only 19k miles for right at $19g, I was pretty happy with the deal, the dealership wasn't too happy as they had barely any room to haggle with.

I have no idea why it took me so long to own a car like this. I'm not a tall guy, all of 5'6" or so, but this car is def set up for short ppl like me. The whole layout of the cockpit is amazing. Damn, and I love to drive fast in it. I think I put about 90 miles on it today just driving around and playing in traffic. This car makes driving fun - the BMW is fun too, but with the 2.5l engine, it goes, but nowhere close to what the 350 can do.

So I'm a proud new owner. And I love it. I may have increased my cool points by a few. I like fast cars, and hot girls. If the girls are fast then that's fine too. But I sure as hell don't really want one in the front seat of my 350z, they'll just F it up.
Cliff Notes?

Welcome and enjoy your car.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Thrillseekr

Originally Posted by waizzz
Cliff Notes?

Welcome and enjoy your car.
Haha those were the cliff notes!! Product of my environment I guess, I'm use to writing long and analytical reports at work...
Old 07-21-2009, 06:25 AM
MinG MinG

i got a 05 z,,,,,i live in plano....let me know....when is the next meeting...go Z Power.....
Old 07-21-2009, 06:33 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Keep checking out our Texas forum:
https://my350z.com/forum/texas-41/

We have a meet and events forum:

https://my350z.com/forum/meet-ups-events-texas-455/

Along with the DFW Lounge:
https://my350z.com/forum/texas/39753...ounge-381.html

-J
Old 07-21-2009, 06:36 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

We will also be meeting soon at a Texas Region SCCA Solo Event:

Talk of it here, but keep an eye out for the official thread i start in the meet and events section

See post #7539 here:
https://my350z.com/forum/texas/39753...ounge-377.html
-J
Old 07-21-2009, 11:38 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by Thrillseekr
Now I got to run downstairs and clean the windows... my morning starbucks run and I couldn't avoid the sprinklers going off in the grassy area next to right lane...
The need to clean the Z all the time doesn't seem to wear off either, even after years of ownership.