Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

My New Z with a Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 04:15 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://superchargersonline.com/produ...ber=V8F001-002

im guessing this is what it will be but not positive, ill see if i can figure it out
Old 02-20-2010, 04:21 PM
tylerxfire

the pump is a pro-flow 500 (40GPH@90psi)

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-20-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:30 PM
tylerxfire

but also i would not be so sure its a bad pump, there is a setting in the ss box to turn the fuel pump on and off..If someone connects to the ss box with the r4 software which innovative did and starts to setup a new map the pump automatically is off and needs to be turned on...just a thought but id hate for you to get a pump and not need it

pretty sure its the 155 so just check with vortech for sure

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-20-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:36 PM
tylerxfire

http://g35driver.com/forums/forced-i...econd-box.html

http://g35driver.com/forums/engine/2...fuel-pump.html

^^cheap

quite a few different ones there too from the past, worth a shot to see if they still have them, u should be able to sign on at that site too or make a new name there.
http://g35driver.com/forums/search.php?searchid=9192930
Old 02-23-2010, 06:40 AM
carscrainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I talked with vortech and the pump is a inline flow through pump that is rated at 255lph and they want around $250 for it. I called around to summit racing and they called vortech and had a similar price then I called z1motorsports and they couldn't help me but recomended calling injected performance. They called vortech got a part number and some info and said they can sell me a direct replacement pump for $95 shipped. The pump they have is an inline walbro 255lph so I called vortech and told them my situation and they said the walbro pump would work fine so I called injected performance back and bought the walbro and I have a tracking number that says I should have it tmrw. Hopefully it bolts right up if not I will send it back and just get one from vortech. So this week I will have a new inline fuel pump boost gauge and A/F gauge and dual gauge pod installed on my car and next week Im off to vinnytenracing hopeing for the best. So far everything seems to be coming together nicely.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:12 AM
carscrainer

So I dropped off all my new parts at the mechanics and hopefully everything will be installed on monday or tuesday at the latest and then Im off to vinnytenracing on wed after work so I can be their thursday morning for my apointment. I am hoping to be able to take some pics of the car on the dyno and what not. If I can and do I will post them up on friday or saturday along with my dyno results. I have a good feeling this time that things will go well. Now all I can do is wait and see.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:19 AM
tylerxfire

any update on the car? gauges and parts in everything all set?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:47 PM
carscrainer

Just got back from Vinnytenracing and that place is great. They took care of me and I couldn't of asked for better service. I felt right at home even though I was 7 hours from where I live. So all the gauges are installed and I made it to babylon alright. My car did not get out of the local shop until midnight before my 9am apt at vinnytenracing so I drove through the night and showed up their at 7am and waited until around 830am when I was let in and surrounded by 350z's and g35's. That was comforting. Well to get to the point the car was runing not so good when I got their and Vinny took care of all of that in no time. By noon I was making 408RWHP. I cant complain since the most hp of any of my previous cars would be 320ish at the crank so I am in a hole new class of car as far as I am concerned. I will throw some pics up in a day or so when I get time.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:43 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by carscrainer
Just got back from Vinnytenracing and that place is great. They took care of me and I couldn't of asked for better service. I felt right at home even though I was 7 hours from where I live. So all the gauges are installed and I made it to babylon alright. My car did not get out of the local shop until midnight before my 9am apt at vinnytenracing so I drove through the night and showed up their at 7am and waited until around 830am when I was let in and surrounded by 350z's and g35's. That was comforting. Well to get to the point the car was runing not so good when I got their and Vinny took care of all of that in no time. By noon I was making 408RWHP. I cant complain since the most hp of any of my previous cars would be 320ish at the crank so I am in a hole new class of car as far as I am concerned. I will throw some pics up in a day or so when I get time.

very nice..i knew he would take care of you and yes u will find some Z's and G's there...must feel good to rip on it, wish i was driving mine on the nice day today but still put away in the garage for a month id say..did he give u a dyno graph? hope u have some vids..
Old 03-06-2010, 05:02 PM
carscrainer

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
very nice..i knew he would take care of you and yes u will find some Z's and G's there...must feel good to rip on it, wish i was driving mine on the nice day today but still put away in the garage for a month id say..did he give u a dyno graph? hope u have some vids..
Yeah I have a dyno sheet in the car. I will make a copy or two of it tmrw at work then take a pic so I can post it on here. I told vinny you sent me their! It does feel good to get on her a little. Now I just cant wait until the track opens next month. I bought a double din cd/dvd/nav/sirius headunit so now I need to get a amp and a sub or two and get some tunes wired up. Then I should be good for awhile besides tires. LOL
Old 03-06-2010, 05:06 PM
tylerxfire

ur not gonna like the track with no traction...Ill be selling my MT's after i use them one last time may 5th i beleive the day is that lebanon valley test and tune starts
Old 03-07-2010, 02:58 PM
carscrainer

How much life is left on your MT's and are you selling them with or without rims and how much do you think? Oh yeah my car wouldnt start today or yesterday in the morning when it was still cold out. Both days when it warmed up it fired right up. Then I had the check engine light scanned and it read the cam angle sensor. i just bought a crank/angle sensor and had it put on. Thats the sensor it is saying is bad. Is this common or do I have a weird issue. I guess I can try and change the sensor again with a new one. I am not sure what else to do. IDK any help would be great
Old 03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by carscrainer
How much life is left on your MT's and are you selling them with or without rims and how much do you think? Oh yeah my car wouldnt start today or yesterday in the morning when it was still cold out. Both days when it warmed up it fired right up. Then I had the check engine light scanned and it read the cam angle sensor. i just bought a crank/angle sensor and had it put on. Thats the sensor it is saying is bad. Is this common or do I have a weird issue. I guess I can try and change the sensor again with a new one. I am not sure what else to do. IDK any help would be great
thats weird your car is doing that again..maybe u got a bad one..a few weeks ago my grand am had a multiple misfire and i changed the coil, it ran fine for a day then the next day was misfiring again and came back same code so i got another new coil and put it on and its been fine ever since..knock on wood..so i bought a bad brand new coil it does happen, i would change it again if thats what the code is again..

I will be selling them with the wheels..Right now there is about 20-25 good passes left on the tires id say and i will use them one more track day for 3-4 passes once the track opens..It is hard to tell but there is quite a bit there still that you could use up for a season or 2 then just replace the tires and u will have the wheels...Im not sure on a price but id cut u a deal since u are local if u would be picking up and not shipping

Last edited by tylerxfire; 03-07-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:23 PM
carscrainer

Yeah I am going to try and figure out where to jack my car up in the front so I can just pull that sensor off and get a new one. It is pretty easy to get to I guess. I saw it when the car was up on the lift. It will take a day or two for the parts store to get one. I will prob be interested in the wheels and tires so pm me first ok. Do you know if they are stock brembro friendly. That is prob my main concern.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:54 PM
tylerxfire

^u will be the first to know when i am done with them...i dont know about them fitting over the brembo's...they fit over mine but i do not have brembo's and they really honestly dont clear by much..U may have to use a spacer...project kics makes a 10mm spacer with built in studs for easy use https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...k-10-30mm.html, or a 5mm spacer could be used with the stock wheel studs if that will give enough clearance and they are cheap and parts store usually carries them or i have a few laying around u can try and have if they work

Last edited by tylerxfire; 03-07-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:19 PM
carscrainer

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-014.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-012.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-013.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-019.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-020.jpg

Just a few cars that were hanging out at vinnytenracing.
Not to shabby huh?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:24 PM
carscrainer

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-017.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-018.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-011.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-022.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-023.jpg

I spotted this mercedes in the parking lot of the hilton that I stayed at while I was their. I am a sucker for a nice 500HP hard to convertible
Old 03-08-2010, 01:28 PM
carscrainer

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-008.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-009.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-016.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-dyno-tune-015.jpg

My car on the dyno and a pic of the screen when it made 389 hp and 324 torque. Just one of the dozend pulls we made on her that day. I have the 408hp dyno sheet in the car just need to take a pic and load it on the computer.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:40 PM
tylerxfire

cool man..yeah take a pic of that 0ther dyno sheet i am curious to see ur torque curve and all..
Old 03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
carscrainer

Yeah I will try and get to the dyno sheet tmrw. I have been thinking about trying to find some stock leather seats for my car. I have the track model so I dont know if it will have the electrical conections to make them work. Do you know anything about any of that? Also do you have any special setup for the track or just good tires. Do you have stock suspension or any ideas of what might help me at the track. I think I am going to have my rear end fluid changed and maybe the tranny fluid too. Just to freshen it all up. Does anyone know what weight oil to use in theese or should I just look in the owners manual? I prob will switch everything to royal purple. Just want to put the right stuff in their.

Quick Reply: My New Z with a Vortech