Hello I am new and in desperate need for help with my 350z - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Old 06-11-2018, 08:31 PM   #1  
Gavin Pancirov

Default Hello I am new and in desperate need for help with my 350z

My 350z has had throttle issues and today it gt so bad where the car canít even run it just idles and dies. Car went through a 1/4 of gas in 10 miles and mpg dropped to 10mpg. My 2 codes are p0335 and p1273. Just came from a buddies house where we installed he camshaft position sensor. Took 10 minutes was an easy install. Need to be able to drive this car to work tomorrow. Also I kept trying to start the car to run home and it wouldnít work. Car died from trying to start it so as JT sat there I took off the maf sensor and blew on it and put it in I get a jump and the car drives perfectly home 3 blocks. Any advice would be great.
Gavin Pancirov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:49 PM   #2  
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

The one could be an 02 sensor code
terrasmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #3  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Pancirov View Post
My 350z has had throttle issues and today it gt so bad where the car canít even run it just idles and dies. Car went through a 1/4 of gas in 10 miles and mpg dropped to 10mpg. My 2 codes are p0335 and p1273. Just came from a buddies house where we installed he camshaft position sensor. Took 10 minutes was an easy install. Need to be able to drive this car to work tomorrow. Also I kept trying to start the car to run home and it wouldnít work. Car died from trying to start it so as JT sat there I took off the maf sensor and blew on it and put it in I get a jump and the car drives perfectly home 3 blocks. Any advice would be great.
Not sure why you (and everyone lately) jumps to replace the cam sensors when P0335 is generic code for a crankshaft pos. sensor. P1273 is a Nissan spec code for AFR so I'm with terrasmak on this one and call foul on upstream O2 sensor most likely.
MicVelo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:58 PM   #4  
Gavin Pancirov

Quote:
i understand that but can one simple o2 sensor cause me to not even drive the car? I literally canít even have it idle no matter how hard I try. But then I let it sit and then it drive perfect no issues. Can thag simple o2 sensor make the car undrivable? I thought it would just have the idle sound rough and ect... I mean my car is undrivable and is driving just horribly it feels more like misfires at this point itís bad.

also I know itís a generic code. I just saw the sensor was 40$ so why not try? Itís a cheap easy first step. O2 sensors are a lot more expensive.

Last edited by Gavin Pancirov; 06-11-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:42 AM   #5  
Heel Til I Die

Quote:

i understand that but can one simple o2 sensor cause me to not even drive the car? I literally canít even have it idle no matter how hard I try. But then I let it sit and then it drive perfect no issues. Can thag simple o2 sensor make the car undrivable? I thought it would just have the idle sound rough and ect... I mean my car is undrivable and is driving just horribly it feels more like misfires at this point itís bad.

also I know itís a generic code. I just saw the sensor was 40$ so why not try? Itís a cheap easy first step. O2 sensors are a lot more expensive.
I'm confused. You create an account to make a post asking for help to diagnose a problem. Some chime in with suggestions. And then you disagree with them.

I must be missing something here.

I understand that some are 1) too cheap, 2) too proud, or 3) too lazy to take a car to a Nissan tech, but sometimes you just need to bite the bullet.
Heel Til I Die is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heel Til I Die For This Useful Post:
dkmura (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 07:38 AM   #6  
Gavin Pancirov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die View Post
I'm confused. You create an account to make a post asking for help to diagnose a problem. Some chime in with suggestions. And then you disagree with them.

I must be missing something here.

I understand that some are 1) too cheap, 2) too proud, or 3) too lazy to take a car to a Nissan tech, but sometimes you just need to bite the bullet.
im not disagreeing Iím just in shock on how bad an o2 sensor causes this car to run!
Old 06-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #7  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Quote:

O2 sensor... Yes it can. May not be the culprit overall but at least it directly addresses the upstream sensor issue versus a cam position sensor. And yes, a crankshaft position sensor is more difficult and costly to repair but again, if you're going to use the "throw parts at it until its fixed" methodology, your choice.

While I value forum opinions on most matters, there really isn't anything on the interwebs that equals taking it to a qualified tech for proper diagnosis.
The Following User Says Thank You to MicVelo For This Useful Post:
dkmura (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #8  
zakmartin
orange moodring

Get rid of those stupid test pipes, go back to stock, watch your car magically return to life and read up on how to properly "upgrade" your 350Z.
zakmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #9  
Gavin Pancirov

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
O2 sensor... Yes it can. May not be the culprit overall but at least it directly addresses the upstream sensor issue versus a cam position sensor. And yes, a crankshaft position sensor is more difficult and costly to repair but again, if you're going to use the "throw parts at it until its fixed" methodology, your choice.

While I value forum opinions on most matters, there really isn't anything on the interwebs that equals taking it to a qualified tech for proper diagnosis.
new update. Car started running fine and eventually broke down again once warmed up. I went and got the codes scanned and the ONLY code showing is a P0335. I just replaced the crankshaft position sensor that attaches to the transmission yesterday. Any idea what to do from here? Everyone tells me itís a crank sensor and that thereís no way t could be anything else, unless I chipped a tooth on my flywheel?
Old 06-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #10  
Gavin Pancirov

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post

second and final update issued is resolved. I took out the the new sensor and cleaned out all the crud built up around it and wiped he inside of the hole. Sprayed it with wd40 and put it back in and all is well. Hope this helps! If anyone gets this P0335 code make sure you clean the sensor and where it goes!
Old 06-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #11  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Quote:

second and final update issued is resolved. I took out the the new sensor and cleaned out all the crud built up around it and wiped he inside of the hole. Sprayed it with wd40 and put it back in and all is well. Hope this helps! If anyone gets this P0335 code make sure you clean the sensor and where it goes!
Which sensor, the crank, yes? Good job!