Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Hello I am new and in desperate need for help with my 350z

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Gavin Pancirov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello I am new and in desperate need for help with my 350z

My 350z has had throttle issues and today it gt so bad where the car can’t even run it just idles and dies. Car went through a 1/4 of gas in 10 miles and mpg dropped to 10mpg. My 2 codes are p0335 and p1273. Just came from a buddies house where we installed he camshaft position sensor. Took 10 minutes was an easy install. Need to be able to drive this car to work tomorrow. Also I kept trying to start the car to run home and it wouldn’t work. Car died from trying to start it so as JT sat there I took off the maf sensor and blew on it and put it in I get a jump and the car drives perfectly home 3 blocks. Any advice would be great.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:49 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

The one could be an 02 sensor code
Old 06-11-2018, 09:57 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by Gavin Pancirov
My 350z has had throttle issues and today it gt so bad where the car can’t even run it just idles and dies. Car went through a 1/4 of gas in 10 miles and mpg dropped to 10mpg. My 2 codes are p0335 and p1273. Just came from a buddies house where we installed he camshaft position sensor. Took 10 minutes was an easy install. Need to be able to drive this car to work tomorrow. Also I kept trying to start the car to run home and it wouldn’t work. Car died from trying to start it so as JT sat there I took off the maf sensor and blew on it and put it in I get a jump and the car drives perfectly home 3 blocks. Any advice would be great.
Not sure why you (and everyone lately) jumps to replace the cam sensors when P0335 is generic code for a crankshaft pos. sensor. P1273 is a Nissan spec code for AFR so I'm with terrasmak on this one and call foul on upstream O2 sensor most likely.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:58 PM
Gavin Pancirov

i understand that but can one simple o2 sensor cause me to not even drive the car? I literally can’t even have it idle no matter how hard I try. But then I let it sit and then it drive perfect no issues. Can thag simple o2 sensor make the car undrivable? I thought it would just have the idle sound rough and ect... I mean my car is undrivable and is driving just horribly it feels more like misfires at this point it’s bad.

also I know it’s a generic code. I just saw the sensor was 40$ so why not try? It’s a cheap easy first step. O2 sensors are a lot more expensive.

Last edited by Gavin Pancirov; 06-11-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:42 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,061 Likes on 749 Posts

i understand that but can one simple o2 sensor cause me to not even drive the car? I literally can’t even have it idle no matter how hard I try. But then I let it sit and then it drive perfect no issues. Can thag simple o2 sensor make the car undrivable? I thought it would just have the idle sound rough and ect... I mean my car is undrivable and is driving just horribly it feels more like misfires at this point it’s bad.

also I know it’s a generic code. I just saw the sensor was 40$ so why not try? It’s a cheap easy first step. O2 sensors are a lot more expensive.
I'm confused. You create an account to make a post asking for help to diagnose a problem. Some chime in with suggestions. And then you disagree with them.

I must be missing something here.

I understand that some are 1) too cheap, 2) too proud, or 3) too lazy to take a car to a Nissan tech, but sometimes you just need to bite the bullet.
The following users liked this post:
dkmura (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 07:38 AM
Gavin Pancirov

Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die
I'm confused. You create an account to make a post asking for help to diagnose a problem. Some chime in with suggestions. And then you disagree with them.

I must be missing something here.

I understand that some are 1) too cheap, 2) too proud, or 3) too lazy to take a car to a Nissan tech, but sometimes you just need to bite the bullet.
im not disagreeing I’m just in shock on how bad an o2 sensor causes this car to run!
Old 06-12-2018, 07:42 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

O2 sensor... Yes it can. May not be the culprit overall but at least it directly addresses the upstream sensor issue versus a cam position sensor. And yes, a crankshaft position sensor is more difficult and costly to repair but again, if you're going to use the "throw parts at it until its fixed" methodology, your choice.

While I value forum opinions on most matters, there really isn't anything on the interwebs that equals taking it to a qualified tech for proper diagnosis.
The following users liked this post:
dkmura (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 09:41 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Get rid of those stupid test pipes, go back to stock, watch your car magically return to life and read up on how to properly "upgrade" your 350Z.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:53 AM
Gavin Pancirov

Originally Posted by MicVelo
O2 sensor... Yes it can. May not be the culprit overall but at least it directly addresses the upstream sensor issue versus a cam position sensor. And yes, a crankshaft position sensor is more difficult and costly to repair but again, if you're going to use the "throw parts at it until its fixed" methodology, your choice.

While I value forum opinions on most matters, there really isn't anything on the interwebs that equals taking it to a qualified tech for proper diagnosis.
new update. Car started running fine and eventually broke down again once warmed up. I went and got the codes scanned and the ONLY code showing is a P0335. I just replaced the crankshaft position sensor that attaches to the transmission yesterday. Any idea what to do from here? Everyone tells me it’s a crank sensor and that there’s no way t could be anything else, unless I chipped a tooth on my flywheel?
Old 06-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Gavin Pancirov

Originally Posted by MicVelo

second and final update issued is resolved. I took out the the new sensor and cleaned out all the crud built up around it and wiped he inside of the hole. Sprayed it with wd40 and put it back in and all is well. Hope this helps! If anyone gets this P0335 code make sure you clean the sensor and where it goes!
Old 06-12-2018, 04:23 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

second and final update issued is resolved. I took out the the new sensor and cleaned out all the crud built up around it and wiped he inside of the hole. Sprayed it with wd40 and put it back in and all is well. Hope this helps! If anyone gets this P0335 code make sure you clean the sensor and where it goes!
Which sensor, the crank, yes? Good job!
Old 06-30-2018, 05:16 PM
Micheal Wilds

Mines doing the same thing itll only crank and not start, im getting fuel and spark ive also replaced the crank and cam sensors, where did you happen to get your sensors from?
Old 06-30-2018, 08:17 PM
Gavin Pancirov

Final update and new update unexpected. Car broke down again. Took it to a shop, found out one of the wires was bad and installed a new harness to the crank sensor. I knew it had something to do with that. For all who are still figuring this out test the continuity of the actual connector. That will tell you to look up the wire for small cuts and things.