Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

not purging to the atmosphere/ return purge line??

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 04:14 PM
jrforrester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not purging to the atmosphere/ return purge line??

so ive seen some really cool stealth installs that some people have done (rico comes to mind as an example), and this is a route I plan to go, but the only thing that is bothering me is the purge.. unlike that guy that wants the purge kit for showing off, i want to hide my purges if possible. I know its prolly along the lines of cheating in a race if they dont know u got NO2, but whatever... I was wondering if anyone has tried running a return line for their purge, or had some way to purge discretely without everyone seeing it happening..

Thanks in advance for any input!
Old 02-21-2007, 04:15 PM
350Z_LEE

just duct it somewhere where they cant see. Youll still hear a noise.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:41 PM
jrforrester

i would think that even if i shot it under the car, it would still creep out from underneath.. its not that big a deal, i was just curious if there was anyone that ran a return line instead...
Old 02-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Pooner

The whole point of a purge system is to get pure nitrous all the way through the lines up to the solenoid, so that when you spray, it hits hard immediately.

If you some how plumb it back into the system, your just going to be plumbing the air/water you originally wanted to get rid of, back into the system.

Thus, completely defeating the purpose of the purge system in the first place.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just tap your nitrous one time and purge it in the motor, then you will be set for the rest of the night.

there is only air in there after it sits for a long time...
Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 AM
jrforrester

ok that works.. didnt know how often u had to pruge.. thought it was bfore every spray...
Old 02-22-2007, 08:55 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

Originally Posted by jrforrester
so ive seen some really cool stealth installs that some people have done (rico comes to mind as an example), and this is a route I plan to go, but the only thing that is bothering me is the purge.. unlike that guy that wants the purge kit for showing off, i want to hide my purges if possible. I know its prolly along the lines of cheating in a race if they dont know u got NO2, but whatever... I was wondering if anyone has tried running a return line for their purge, or had some way to purge discretely without everyone seeing it happening..

Thanks in advance for any input!
Bull siht, it is not cheating...what you are saying is that you are cheating if someone fails to see that you have a turbo on your car. Why do so many people consider nitrous cheating? It could be cheating if they ask you if you have nitrous and you do but say no, but say they don't know better and ask you if you have a turbo when you do and you tell them no...same situation, different power adder.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kwiker
Bull siht, it is not cheating...what you are saying is that you are cheating if someone fails to see that you have a turbo on your car. Why do so many people consider nitrous cheating? It could be cheating if they ask you if you have nitrous and you do but say no, but say they don't know better and ask you if you have a turbo when you do and you tell them no...same situation, different power adder.
+1 I don't offer info up for a race. If they want to look under the hood, I'll be looking under their's as well. Its up to them to find the nozzle, lines, solenoids, and bottle....good luck, cuz I hid them well. lol.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:01 AM
GamblerZ

The nitrous is coming from a pressurized to an unpressurized state. I don't any practical solution to re-introduce spent gas back into your system. Though you could have the purge line blow out against some heat soaked component to breifly cool it.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:38 AM
jrforrester

Originally Posted by kwiker

now i feel better.. glad to see it wasnt wrong thinking of me to just not mention it unless they asked, haha...

Originally Posted by GamblerZ
The nitrous is coming from a pressurized to an unpressurized state. I don't any practical solution to re-introduce spent gas back into your system. Though you could have the purge line blow out against some heat soaked component to breifly cool it.
Yea i just figured it was still presurized in the lines and could be rerouted, but from what ur all saying it seems more a hassle than it'd be worth.. worst case I'll just purge under the car somewhere, or like Jeremy said, just do it once at the beginning of the night before I head out racing..

Last edited by jrforrester; 02-28-2007 at 10:41 AM.