Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

The big bad nitrous post

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 08:08 AM
cyberz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by McDan

2. Yes, I was worried about that and spraying at too low an rpm. I got MSD to modify one of their rpm window switches and it's working great. It just needs to be modified for one-cylinder operation. Then you must buy the rpm pills to select the rpm window. Switch ~$80, rpm pils ~$25 x 2 = $50, MSD modification approx $20.
Hey Mcdan, is there any possibility that you're running into problems with the zex kit because you had MSD modify their system? Maybe the window switch is interfering with the way the Zex kit operates? I'm totally just guessing here, I really don't know a lot about ignitions and such but it seems like you're the only one running that msd system. Just tryin to help.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:48 AM
McDan

I've sent back the defective unit, but I'm gonna keep the Zex kit because I've spent too much time and effort to uninstall everything and do it all over again. The TPS functionality seems to be working a little bit better these days, though that changes day to day. If it ever fails again I'm gonna open the control box and hook directly to the nitrous and fuel solenoid, just like any other nitrous kit out there. The Zex enclosure box is very nice and I want to keep it in tact.

Secondly, MSD modified there window switch, completely separate from the Zex control unit. The MSD window switch was not installed when I was having these Zex problems. The Window switch closes a contact to ground between the selected RPM ranges (1.5A max), so you have to use it to energize a relay coil and use the relay contacts to drive the solenoids.

Dan
Old 06-20-2003, 09:25 AM
MySunset350Z

i called up NOS (holly) today but they said they didnt have a kit for my z33. arnt they the first on the scene with a nitrous kit for any car?

imma try nx next. zex is worrying me.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:05 AM
12SecZ

I have lost all respect for Zex's tech people and their cheapasz plugs.

I no longer endorce them and will probably sell my entire kit with all accesories just to **** them aoff because the cheap turds refused to reimburse me on 2 sets of plugs they said were for my car and they were not.

I sold them lots of kits by posting pics comments etc and the thanks I get in email is a kiss my azz so I reccomend NX!

I hope Wade and Joey are reading this too because they lied and they lost my respect and that don't fly with me, I'm a straight shooter and expect the same when spending my hard earned bucks.

Anyone want a ZEX kit bottle opener, heater, purge all jets pressure release valve pressure guage and other stuff I'm probaly forgetting .

I'll sell it all for a grand just to **** them off.
All for 60 bucks in plugs?

Screw ZEX!

SC me!
Old 06-21-2003, 06:32 AM
STLZ
Banned

I am glad you found out for yourself.... Because when I called and asked for plugs for the Z they told me they didn't have any and you told me they sold you some plugs made for the Z.... Hope the new kit does well.....
Old 06-21-2003, 07:01 AM
12SecZ

Default Hey STILZ

I was wondering where you had went.

You were right the ZEX plugs are crap and their tech support SUCKS donkey parts.

I sit here eating humble pie.'

ZEX can .... well never mind just woke up I'll bite my tongue.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:18 AM
STLZ
Banned

The site has been acting funny for some time. Those plugs made my car backfire. I am very satisfied with the NGK 1 degree colder plug. So what kit are you going with now.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:50 AM
cyberz350

Max, what happened man, I thought you were all for the Zex kit. Did you have any other problem with the kit besides the Zex plugs and their customer service? Guess Zex is definately out of the running.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:54 AM
STLZ
Banned

I haven't had one problem with my Zex Kit. They gave me and Max the wrong plugs and said they would work. When they just made my car run like ****.... But the kit works fine for me.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:45 AM
12SecZ

The ZEX kit is fine, runs great ans is safe,

Their plugs they are selling for our Z's will screw your car up.

They reccomded them they reccomded the place I go buy them and they FUBARRED my goal to reach 12's.

I proved this to them with 2 hours of Dyno times and pics of the fouled over heated plugs and a pic of stock size Vs. their size and then they just strated ignoring me.

I spent about 1500.00 bucks and asked for my plug money back and they basicly said it's my problem.

So ZEX kit good. Warranty or tech help crap.

Besides NX was the first out with the bottle opener before ZEX and I heard it works better.

If you ordered a ZEX kit you will be happy just don't expect help or support from them or believe them on their advice for jet sizes and plugs etc cuz it will fug your car way up...

If you just want the 75 HP stock jets, kit and NGK plugs 1 heat range cooler then you will be fine.

I am running 100 HP Jets from NX and ZEX gave me the total wrong sizes and wrong plugs which caused me to have to start trouble shooting process of elimination stuff that took two weeks and I lost my UR pulley's which turned out to be a good mod when it turns out it was

A. Wrong Jet sizex from ZEX

B. Wrong plugs

C. Smart *** attitude when asking for help.

Bottom line?

SC w/ FMIC!!!

That's a ways down the road though. But a better route IMHO!
Old 06-21-2003, 09:56 AM
12SecZ

Default To add perspective

This is just some of our conversation.

Start at the bottom and read you way up for it to make sense. The first line is where he tells me to go back to the shop they sent me who stole some of my parts. Hot Rod Imports aka Hot Rod Honda Elk Grove California where ZEX knows they stole allot of my stuff CD's stock plufs (p6.00 bucks etc.) Inulting. Never heard from them again.
-------------------------------------------

Wade Hunter of ZEX said;

"This would have to be something you take up with Oscar since they were purchased from his shop. thanks "

Max wrote:

Joey had said that he was going to talk to the Manager about it. I never heard back. I think since the plugs were not good for my car I should get reimbursed at your cost (Not Oscar's over inflated rip off price of 10.00 each!) for 2 sets (at a minimum) and I have Dyno charts to prove the plugs were bad and a Tech Inspection with pictures.) Stop, look what's that sound?
Everybody look what's going down.
http://home.attbi.com/~wegetourmail/wsb/index.html
Max

----- Original Message -----
Wrom: NKMBIPBA
To: Max
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 8:14 AM
Subject: Re: Priority!!
Max,
What exactly do you think we should do for you? !!!

Max wrote:

Any update on the two sets of six plugs Oscar charged me $120.00 bucks plus the stock set his mechanic stole from me that cost me $96.00. I have been pretty cool to you guys, you referred me to Hot Rod Imports who stole my blow down tube too, all of my jets etc the 65HP and all my retail boxing etc. I was hoping to have heard back from you by now after Joey talked to the Manager, MaxHax www.my350z.com
Stop, look what's that sound?
Everybody look what's going down.
http://home.attbi.com/~wegetourmail/wsb/index.html
Max

Wrom: RHDMNNSK
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 3:04 PM
By not working I mean - reduces the car's performance, causes erratic idling, creates misfire at RPM, etc. I would not continue to use them if any of these are occurring. If the threads in the head melt, you would have had some other problem that caused it. The heads have water passages that dissipates heat, the plug utilizes the head's cooling properties as somewhat of a heat sink. The maximum temps only occur during the power stroke after ignition, which is only a portion of the four strokes. The time during intake and exhaust strokes allow for cooling in a properly tuned engine. If your engine is ran extremely lean, damage to pistons, valves, and any other weak link may occur.

Max wrote:

Can you define "not working" mine work, and no one else makes one yet for our car. I had Summit Racing Tech's research this for 10 minutes on the phone today and the only one close is NGK's one degree colder not two and that is a two week special order. Should I go with that one and pull yours out? Will your threads "melt because they are too short?" Thanks. ~«©ż©»~ http://home.attbi.com/~wegetourmail/wsb/index.html
Nemo me impune lacessit!
Dum spiro, spero.
Crudelius est quam mori semper timere mortem.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis.

Max
Wrom: VFVWRKJV
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 1:34 PM
Max,
I did look through some of the postings on the site. My recommendation about the plugs still stands. If they are not working, I would go to a different plug. We hope to take a look at a stock plug soon to get a thread reach measurement. I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Max wrote:

Wade, Take a look at these please or Joey,'This is getting out of hand. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....0&pagenumber=6 I can't find my stock plugs stupid Oscar at Hot Rod Imports kept/lost them as he did with everything else stock I left there. ~«©ż©»~ http://home.attbi.com/~wegetourmail/wsb/index.html
Old 06-21-2003, 10:21 AM
STLZ
Banned

That is fug up! I would kick that managers ***
Old 06-21-2003, 04:23 PM
MySunset350Z

thanks for the tip...

i got priced out for the 75 NX kit yesterday. still not sure if i wanna go 100. i probably will enventually.

any way...
the nos kit
opener
heating kit
and dual purge (for sho of course)

everything for 1100.00
what do you think?

i probably still have to buy those nkg plugs later on.

let me know if im getting ripped.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:29 PM
12SecZ

If that price is installed it's a good deal.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:02 PM
12SecZ

Default 12.7 at 109 52 N20 26 Fuel and the Crawford Intake

Micky Thompson ET Streets 26 X 10 and 900 lbs bottle pressure at 85 degrees track tempature. ZEX works, it's just Wade is rude and gives out misinformation.

I am done with N20 BTW Got embarrassed by a Supra Engine (not car just the engine.)

So I have other plans

Just a plug that my *complete* ZEX kit is for sale in the Private Classified section (shamless plug)

It has all the accesories and about 10 jets hehe from 55 to 100 hP and everything in between, heater, opener, purge, etc.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:23 PM
MySunset350Z

Default Re: 12.7 at 109 52 N20 26 Fuel and the Crawford Intake

Originally posted by MaxHax
I am done with N20 BTW Got embarrassed by a Supra Engine (not car just the engine.)
So I have other plans
Just a plug that my *complete* ZEX kit is for sale in the Private Classified section (shamless plug)
It has all the accesories and about 10 jets hehe from 55 to 100 hP and everything in between, heater, opener, purge, etc.
what brought all this on? how were you embarrassed?
are you going to be saving up for the turbo?
Old 06-22-2003, 08:13 PM
12SecZ

Actually I want a Super Charger with about 7 lbs of boost. Tired of filling the bottle and having it empty at times gets old. Always wanted to try something different just didn't want to spend the extra money but on this car I think I will because after adding the kit everyone ones to rev on me. Stock Acura's go flying by me like they are doing a "kill" and I just laugh, let em go I'm not gonna chase every car down that thinks they are fast.

I just want always on power when I'm in the mood. This is my 3rd car in a row with Nitrous.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:00 AM
MySunset350Z

i know how that goes. my buddy owns the newer model accord, and he's always trying to race. lets just say i usually have enough of a lead to where he can barely read my license plate(because im so far away from him). i have this problem more with mustangs though. a lot of them in my area. but i did race a mustang GT and hurt him pretty bad.

either way good luck with everything.

oh and one other thing...a few people at work were telling me that its ok to "juice" even if ur not at full throttle. i always thought that u have to be at full throttle to be able to juice without frying ne thing. oh and do i have to be at a certain gear before its safe to hit the nitrous?
Old 06-23-2003, 09:42 AM
gotti

Ya know that's funny you guys are talking about crapstangs and supras cause I ran against both of them on friday night. The supra had an exhaust and i said to my friend "He's got mods and I bet it's a turbo." Well, it was nice to be in my car for the first 75 feet. After that all you hear is the sign of a turbo catching up and passing me. We pulled up next to him and said "Ya got a turbo huh?" He says "You could say that."......?!?!?! He's modded and i'm stock and I ran him out of the whole. I was pretty happy about that. On the way home I come up behind and notice the lovely lights of the ford crapstang and as I get closer I notice the spoiler which is attached to the rear deck as I notice that I look towards the exhaust and sure enough "Cobra"..... Ugh so i'm thinking well I'm gonna lose but let me see what I can do against it. So I pop the stick into manual mode and we take off.....to my surprise I'm in the lead for the first 60-75 feet and then i hear the exhaust and then I'm seeing the exhaust. See ya around crapstang, i'll catch ya when I get the turbo kit. Ah wells, thought I would share an experience that shows are cars being under 300hp can take both cars outta the whole. Gotta be happy about that.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:28 AM
12SecZ

Those Supra's aint no joke. They are Turboed yeah but thast Cobra is Supercharged and I wouldn't mess with one. You have to know your limits.

1/4 mile with N20 I would grudge agianst that SVT Cobra but just stock on the highway no way man..

oh and one other thing...a few people at work were telling me that its ok to "juice" even if ur not at full throttle. i always thought that u have to be at full throttle to be able to juice without frying ne thing. oh and do i have to be at a certain gear before its safe to hit the nitrous?
The only one that makes a non WOT (Wide Open Throttle) kit I am aware of is Venom who I have never liked and ironicly are the Sponsor cars who made me and every one else eat their exhaust fumes.

So on N20 McDan had the right idea, it's called a Window switch. On dry kits they have Nitrous Controllers and dual stage kits but I am not aware of a non WOT wet setup other than Venom it's either on (WOT) or off) and me I spray from launch in manual mode (Automatic here) through every gear. All or nothing baby!

Smell it?

Quick Reply: The big bad nitrous post