Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

The big bad nitrous post

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 12:18 PM
MySunset350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting.

u know i have the auto too, do you spray inbetween gears, or can just keep a steady spray going the whole time even when changing gears (in manual mode)?

is that question retarted?

oh and the whole point of getting nitrous is to shut my friend up with his 99 svt cobra (among aother things). he does have a nice....oh so nice sounding exhaust. u can just hear the engine gargling gas like its mouth wash.
i think he's pissed because my car looks a lot better...

did u guys know that the svt cobra only has a 12gallon tank? so what is that like 35 miles to the tank?
Old 06-23-2003, 12:42 PM
12SecZ

u know i have the auto too, do you spray inbetween gears, or can just keep a steady spray going the whole time even when changing gears (in manual mode)?
roll on the redline all through the gears.

Dropping it in "D" and spraying actually cost you time (unlike my LS1.)

Manual mode is good for .2 tenths just arm it and go and stay on the throttle if you hit the rev limiter that run is done, a 14 or even 15 haha, it just takes practice.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:24 PM
MySunset350Z

Originally posted by MaxHax
roll on the redline all through the gears
damn man thats sick!!

but worth it if ill be doing ne thing in the 12's
MAN i cant wait!!

thanks for all the help man'g
peace
Old 06-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Rakshas

I have what might be a very sttupid request.

Can someone give me the link to the basic Nitrous kit at NX? I cant find it.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:38 PM
12SecZ

Thumbs up Gladly

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/welcome.htm

Since ZEX never got back to me on thier crap plugs and Jets NX is my new recomendation.

In fact I am using 125HP ZEX Jets I was using N20 52 Fuel 26 foR over 100HP to the rear wheels.

Stna dby for 12.4 or a blown engine this week!
Old 07-01-2003, 01:04 PM
STLZ
Banned

Your Nutz.... But Good Luck!
Old 07-01-2003, 04:04 PM
12SecZ

Thumbs down

Define Nutz. Like my *******? J/K because you're always on it. Or that I just like to mod too much and that has cause mental unstability? Libel! till you prove it!

Do you ever have anything good to say? You're like my wife. Always chiming in just to nag every now and then but never offers anything else. What are your mods times etc? Join the fun instead of being a lurker/ hater. Good luck yeah right I can see you smiling when my engine blows I'm a good judge of charachter and you seem the type that would laugh at others pitfalls. Others have offered me a new engine, that's the real difference. Actually they pay me to profile and observe believe it or not. So where are pics of your progress etc times?

Anyway I'm off that N20 crap it's too much hassle. And speaking of Nutz ZEX can li*k mine big time. Their product is inferior.

This is my new setup coming to a track near you.

http://home.comcast.net/~wegetourmai...out.html-.html

L8TR H8TR J/K STILZ....
Old 07-01-2003, 04:07 PM
12SecZ

BTW since I just woke up and feel like slamming people (ZEX sucks cough cough)

it's Too many mods to list not
to in your sig and profile that doesn't have a web page or list of mods or anything.

If you have *too* many mods to list you're Nuts Bro!

But you could just have *two* mods to list, we may never know.

Last edited by 12SecZ; 07-01-2003 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:10 AM
McDan

Hey MaxHax, what jets (and sizes) are you using these days for ther 100 shot on the Zex system and where did you get them? Also, have you checked your air/fuel ratio with them? I'm currently using the Zex 75 jets, which has netted me about +66rwhp (303rwhp, 331rwtq) with a good air/fuel ratio on the dyno.

Dan
Old 07-02-2003, 11:29 AM
12SecZ

Bottle Fed Racing I posted the number once here but lost it on my desk so we will have to search

On my Crapola ZEX kit

52 N20 28 Fuel caused too rich a condition on the Dyno.

Zex says use a 27 for fuel but myself and others in PM are using a 26 and the timing is perfect on A/F.

52 26 get them locally using a NOS Y Adapter and NOS Jets (7 bucks and easier to find jets) or call bottle fed racing he ships the same day 2 jets delivered next day was like 10 bucks.

Put plumbers tape everywhere even on the Y Adapter. Glad to see you up again after all the ZEX crap you went through too.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:54 PM
Rakshas

Is this the base kit I need?

Nitrous express
Old 07-08-2003, 04:38 AM
the bluez33

Originally posted by MySunset350Z
oh and the whole point of getting nitrous is to shut my friend up with his 99 svt cobra (among aother things). he does have a nice....oh so nice sounding exhaust. u can just hear the engine gargling gas like its mouth wash.
i think he's pissed because my car looks a lot better...

did u guys know that the svt cobra only has a 12gallon tank? so what is that like 35 miles to the tank? [/B]
umm the 99/01 SVT Cobras make RIGHT around the same mileage as us. In fact, my 01 made even more mileage than my 350Z on the highway.

also, the tank is just under 16 gallons.

typical ignorant shittalking is by far the most annoying import driver stereotype
Old 07-08-2003, 06:45 AM
12SecZ

Thumbs up Rakshas

That link doesn't work for me but start here!

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/welcome.htm
Old 07-10-2003, 03:45 PM
12SecZ

Question Rakshas

Any update on the NX Express Kit?

I would love to see what they do at the track.

They have the second generation opener and their jettings are more accurate to the rear wheel.

Since I'm off N20 someone else needs to take this thread and run with it. NX makes jettings that will Dyno 105RWHP and personally I think the 350Z's Q35 could take it, if not get some pistons.

Get some QTP Hoosiers and a base model.

Boy would I love to see what the above would do E/T wise
Base Model (lightest) 105HP Jets
QTP Hoosiers
Old 07-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Rakshas

This one should work.

http://www.prostreetonline.com/pso/p...ku=PSI-EXM0339
Old 07-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Edretti

OK, anyone that knows what they are talking about please reply with suggestions otherwise please don't! I need help!! My car won't start! I programmed my zex controller today on my G and now my car won't start. However it will crank. For you zex users you know that the zex controller only receives a tps signal and doesn't send out anything else therefore eliminating the possibility of the zex controller being the culprit. In order for the controller to learn the tps voltage at wide open throttle you need to manually open the throttle plate with your fingers. When I did this the zex unit cycled and learned itself. A minute later I noticed that the cooling fans came on. Anyway I went inside to start it and it never has. It cranks but no start. Later I noticed that my key immobolizer light stays on as if the key lost it's signal. I had my buddy at the local nissan dealership come over with the scanner and it wouldnt communicate with my car. Is my computer fried? If so why would that happen from just moving the butterfly on the throttle body? It doesn't make sense! Has anyone else run into this? I don't want to strip everything out and tow it to the dealer since it was very hard work. Anybody, if you had this happen to you please let me know. Yes, I checked all the fuses. Let me know...thanks!
Old 07-25-2003, 05:31 PM
2003z33

Its been a while since Ive been on the boards..MAX, your car is really looking sharp!
Old 07-27-2003, 02:49 PM
12SecZ

Thanks for the compliment.

Edretti do you get any lights on your dash?

Is the kit completly installed? Did you get a CEL when you tapped the voltage? Do you have an ohm meter?

Disconnect the bettery for 24 hours.

First though turn on the key and take some voltage measuremnets of your wiring and the ECU and the battery.

Don't panic I don't think the brain is fried.

Do you no how to go into programming mode and reset everything ala like wipe it back to stock?

Good Luck and praying won't hurt either.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Edretti

Max, hey bud. Thanks for replying. Yes, I do have dash lights and it cranks like it normally would. It just won't fire and it happened immediately after we moved the throttle plate so the zex controller learned wot. What I'm not sure of is of the immobolizer light. It stays on like a bad key. I tried cycling the key like the manual states, used a differnt key and nothing. I never payed attention to the light until I tried starting the car like 10 times so maybe that it went into default mode. I've tried 4 different scanners including one from a nissan dealer and no communication. Last thing I did yesterday was unplug the battery around noon. My car is at my shop and I am letting it sit till tommorow morning. I'm crossing my fingers because this is my last shot. Yes I have a voltage meter and no I do not know how to clean the ecu and start back to stock so please tell me if you do. Thanks man!
Old 07-27-2003, 06:37 PM
12SecZ

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....lear+CES+light

Michael-Dallas seems to be the expert in this area if you can track him down.

Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: The big bad nitrous post