Old 03-17-2013, 02:08 PM
06G35Coupe94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You spent wwaaayyyy too much
Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 PM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by NFGZ
Hey OP read through the whole thread, awesome! Any updates on everything?
Yeah update isn't good but oh well. I was pushed off the road by a box truck on the highway and that caused about 5k in dmgs the last week of Feburary. I tried to move to the left but hit the pole reflectors with the left side of the car, truck didn't stop coming over and hit the right side and then the car spun 90 degress and went off the road. Drop off was only about 2 ft but enough to dent the muffer. Bent the lt rear wheel, lt front suspension was jacked too, dented the exhaust, whole car has to be painted expect the roof and hatch. I'm good but EXTREMELY ANGRY! Going through insurance of corse. Reason why I'm angry is now I have to wait longer to ***** slap Black350z punk @$$.

I pulled the ugly lip spoiler off before it went to the shop so the hatch is getting welded shut along with the wheels painted black. Gotta do it while it's down...

I'm currently in GA for 3 weeks for work and before I left the car wasn't done. I was hoping to take it to Hill's before I left so they could do their thing while I was gone but it's all good. I took it to a very well know shop in my area and they have about 15 cars in front of mine...literally.

They specialize in, I won't say higher end cars, but more expensive cars like benz, bmw, audi, mercedes, porche, ect lol. Not saying my Z is high end but I want a damn good job and willing to pay for it. Pretty legit shop for the area. I told them to take their time cus I don't wanna pick it up and be pissed the car has been down this long and still not right. I know someone is gonna say, "oh thoes aren't high end"...then why is ur @$$ driving a Z if they ain't high end?

Once I get back the build will resume for the car should be good then. I just don't have a way of getting it from the body shop to Hill's while I'm down here and I want to inpsect the car before it's picked up ya dig? Switching over to motordyne or fast intentions exhaust which will take 4 weeks to build. Gotta order that first week of april since the nitrous money I had set aside went to the rims and hatch.

Not how I was planning on it to go but hey...it will get done!!!! Keep following the tread cus that boss is gonna get it! Big ups again to Hill's Garage. I'm shooting for the week of April 18th for the drop off/install.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:35 PM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by 06G35Coupe94
You spent wwaaayyyy too much
On? Doing the job right with a very reputable shop that has helped me out or I don't mind spening a little more money to get the satisfaction I want

You have to pay to play...speed costs money...how fast you wanna go? You should know that. I don't mind paying a little extra making sure it's done right. If I did it I'm bound to mess something up especially with direct port. It's not my trade.

I would guess if someone said to you sit at this table and mediate/facilitate this confict or write an estimate on this boats fiberglass hull or a jet ski's jet drive system or how do you properly measure a motorcycle frame to see if it's damaged with a digital angle gauge with the entire bike still togther...you would like at them like they're crazy It's all relative.

Last edited by HarleyDobbs; 03-26-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:18 PM
HarleyDobbs

Spoke with Hill's earlier this week. Motordyne Exhaust should be shipped by the end of the week. Hill's should be getting back to me soon with an estimate on a clutch and flywheel combo to be able to handle the hp it's gonna make. Leaning towards south bend but we will see what Frank comes up with. I swtiched jobs so now I travel 3 weeks out the month and home for 1 week. Gotta figure out a time to get the car back to Baltimore since I've relocated to VA.

Got the car out the shop. Big ups to Carty's Collison. Rims, handles and hatch look GREAT!

Before

After

Last edited by HarleyDobbs; 05-07-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:44 AM
HarleyDobbs

So final list of parts for the build:

Dynotune 6 Cylinder Direct Port with Low Profile Nozzles 150 Shot
Dynotune 10 lb Bottle x2
Dynotune Bottle Warmers x2
Dynotune Lean Shut Down Switch
Dynotune NO2 Pressure Gauge
Dynotune Purge
Dynotune Hardware Supplement Kit
Innovative LC-1
Daytona Nitrous Controller NC-2 <---- straight up beast!!!!
Motordyne TDX2
Southbend Stage 2 Clutch w/ 25 lb flywheel
NGK 1 Step Colder Plugs
HD Slave Cylider w/ Stainless Clutch Line
OEM Steering Wheel Switches

Still waiting on the clutch set up to arrive. Hope to be able to get the car back to MD the weekend of the June 8th if not the 15th just have to see what the shop looks like and my travel schedule.

Hill's Garage has been GREAT! Customer service outstanding and they have been keeping me updated as parts arrive. I think I'm done adding to the list...for now. Stay tuned.

Last edited by HarleyDobbs; 05-20-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:58 PM
HarleyDobbs

June 17th drop off. Should pick up July 5th or 6th and hopefully post some decent results then.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:53 PM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HarleyDobbs
June 17th drop off. Should pick up July 5th or 6th and hopefully post some decent results then.
Nice let me know your tune date and I'll stop by to check it out.

Nissan infiniti shootout is sept 22nd at Atco Raceway in NJ if you can make it to compete against other VQ's on the east coast.

Tons of GTRs last yr. Right now about 8-10 cars are going to compete from Bmore. Last yr we had 7 with 4 getting trophies.

I lost in the qtr finals by 1/10th to my friend in a G37.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:37 AM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
Nice let me know your tune date and I'll stop by to check it out.

Nissan infiniti shootout is sept 22nd at Atco Raceway in NJ if you can make it to compete against other VQ's on the east coast.

Tons of GTRs last yr. Right now about 8-10 cars are going to compete from Bmore. Last yr we had 7 with 4 getting trophies.

I lost in the qtr finals by 1/10th to my friend in a G37.
Yeah man ill see what my work schedule looks like and I might be able to make it up to NJ with yall.

Got the car to them today and the 4th might be a bit of a stretch to have the build done. Either way I'll get at you when he tunes it and if im not there hopefully you can give me a good report if I am able to be there it will be good to meet you lol
Old 06-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Longest nitrous install ever lol.

Hope it all works out, these cars are really fun on bottle.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Old Rice

Originally Posted by Italianjoe1
Longest nitrous install ever lol.

Hope it all works out, these cars are really fun on bottle.
My bet is on... "dreamer" thread #109,542 for this forum.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:31 PM
denchan350gt

Yeah man ill see what my work schedule looks like and I might be able to make it up to NJ with yall.

Got the car to them today and the 4th might be a bit of a stretch to have the build done. Either way I'll get at you when he tunes it and if im not there hopefully you can give me a good report if I am able to be there it will be good to meet you lol
The shootout is on a sunday hopefully you can make it out.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:39 AM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by Old Rice
My bet is on... "dreamer" thread #109,542 for this forum.
Dreamer thread? Care to put your money where your mouf is? Can't help it shop has a motor build going on and they came up against something delaying mine. Not complaining cus I'm traveling right now and not in need of the car. But it's at the shop awaiting install. Just wait and see...PM me if you want to put a wager.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:06 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Man black on black on black. Never seen it. Love the wheels. I like those fast times your posting as well.......
Old 07-14-2013, 03:11 AM
HarleyDobbs

Exhaust, flywheel, clutch, clutch master cylinder was filled with sludge so replaced that and HD clutch slave cylinder are all in based in the shops email. I'm hoping another week or two for the nitrous components to go in.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:57 AM
HarleyDobbs

August 30th pick up date. Dechan I haven't forgot about you. When Hill's tells me they are tuning the car I'll surely let you know. Shop got backed up with another motor build/swap so they said when I get back from traveling for work the car will be ready, gauranteed.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:29 PM
denchan350gt

August 30th pick up date. Dechan I haven't forgot about you. When Hill's tells me they are tuning the car I'll surely let you know. Shop got backed up with another motor build/swap so they said when I get back from traveling for work the car will be ready, gauranteed.
Wow another month? Luckily it's not your daily or your not in town alot. I'm getting retuned this thursday and if he has time my N2O also.

Probably the car with the splattered wheels they are backed up on.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:42 PM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
Wow another month? Luckily it's not your daily or your not in town alot. I'm getting retuned this thursday and if he has time my N2O also.

Probably the car with the splattered wheels they are backed up on.
Denchan I know man it's killing me! But sometimes you gotta wait for great work and I know when it leaves Hill's the car will be right. Ask them about my build and drop some knowledge on these people in this forum so they don't think I'm blowing smoke. Good luck with your tune man and I hope he has time for the nitrous.

I'm gonna pick up my car tomorrow and drive it until I leave town again on the 12th. They said they wouldn't be able to get to it before then anyway so mind as well. I miss it, it's just sitting at the shop and I can break in the cluch/flywheel. From what I hear the sound of ART's + Motordyne TDX2 = pure sex so I will enjoy driving it over the weekend
Old 07-31-2013, 04:55 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

No one on the forum cares about your slow car or overpriced nitrous. Please dont drop any "knowledge" on us bc so car the stupidity has been great
Old 07-31-2013, 05:20 AM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
No one on the forum cares about your slow car or overpriced nitrous. Please dont drop any "knowledge" on us bc so car the stupidity has been great
1) Learn English
2) Chop off your hands before you start typing
3) Tell your mom and wife/girlfriend to wipe off the weiner moustache I gave last night
4) PM sent so I can finally shut your rabbit @$$ mouf!

Quick Reply: Let the fun begin