Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kellam
ill stop by on the 28th.

So will I to check this out.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:04 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Very nice. Take lots of pics and videos, please.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:55 PM
HarleyDobbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Very nice. Take lots of pics and videos, please.
Oh you know I will! I spoke with Hills today...tune has been moved up to 8AM Saturday so if anyone was planning on stopping by or what have you...it's now @ 8AM and not @ Noon. Also Apple Nissan in York, PA is having a Nissan car show if anyone in the DMV, PA area if is interested. Stay tuned...hoping for good results.

Last edited by HarleyDobbs; 09-23-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:02 AM
kellam

Good showing today. This setup is top notch made good power too.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 AM
HarleyDobbs

Pretty good weekend and well worth the wait! Bolt ons no tune 264/after tune 284/Nitrous 394. We had a little top end fuel problem so we had to hold the tune back a little bit until we figure that out.

We think it's the fuel in the hard lines empying out into the cylinders after we let off of the gas causing a rich condition so we couldn't really push it too hard so there is some hp left on the table. Also plastic intakes don't like nitrous back fires so we also wanted to avoid that also.

Possibly some check valves in the fuel lines. Also the progressive controler you can work the fuel and nitous solenoids individually so possibly cut off the fuel one slightly early. Should know in the next few weeks how to solve the fuel issues.

Car feels very strong 60-120 pulls like no other. Should be ordering some slicks on thursday to hopefully hit the track here very soon. If they don't make it this weekend I will more than likely go anyway and see what I can do.

Video a friend made:

Video I took with a little popping:

Dyno Pull N/A:

Last edited by 3hree5ive0ero; 09-30-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: fix youtube links
Old 09-30-2013, 10:25 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I fixed your YT links for you. Don't embed stuff on the forum, it won't work. Just copy/past the link as is.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:35 AM
kellam

so the race againts the boss............?

and im not suprised the video had sound issues. the video i snapped off was similar. ill send them to you if you like.

Last edited by kellam; 09-30-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

My car has an overfueling on lift off issue as well, results in nice flames from the pipes if I lift off the gas without killing the nitrous first. I usually try to release the manual trigger I have for it before just stepping off and letting the window switch kill it. I have a video but it's a "race video" so I don't wanna get banned for it...

Again, not posting for the race, but if you see when I let off, there's quite a bit of fire from the exhaust.
http://www.jdmtube.com/video/873/Nis...-Street-Racing
Old 09-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Old Rice

Possibly some check valves in the fuel lines. Also the progressive controler you can work the fuel and nitous solenoids individually so possibly cut off the fuel one slightly early. Should know in the next few weeks how to solve the fuel issues.

Exactly what PRG-CNTLR are you using to do this? I am not aware of any that allows that. Time based or % based ramping sputters them both.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:28 AM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by Old Rice

Exactly what PRG-CNTLR are you using to do this? I am not aware of any that allows that. Time based or % based ramping sputters them both.
I'm not sure man I was just speculating that's all. Now I know that idea is off of the table lol Although I did get a call from Hill's and they are ready for me to redrop the car to adjust the fuel issue. Gotta see how work shakes out and I might be able to get it back there sooner than later.

In the mean time...I'll be headed to the track tonight and looking like on street tires. Slicks and rims should be in today just have to get the right lug nuts. If I can get all that sorted I'll be on slicks if not street tires it is. Should have some updates later today.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:08 PM
ssblugsr

Originally Posted by HarleyDobbs
I'm not sure man I was just speculating that's all. Now I know that idea is off of the table lol Although I did get a call from Hill's and they are ready for me to redrop the car to adjust the fuel issue. Gotta see how work shakes out and I might be able to get it back there sooner than later.

In the mean time...I'll be headed to the track tonight and looking like on street tires. Slicks and rims should be in today just have to get the right lug nuts. If I can get all that sorted I'll be on slicks if not street tires it is. Should have some updates later today.
Cool where you going, capital raceway?
Old 10-08-2013, 04:40 PM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you run?
Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 AM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
What did you run?
Straight off the street engine hot ran 13.5. Spun launching at 2.5k and slammed 2nd and blew the tires off. 2.2 60' at 108 mph.

Car sat about 45min - 1hr. Ran 13.2 launched at 3k, little less spin this time than the 2.5k launch, eased into 2nd but still chirped, slid a little and ran 13.2. That's even with the progressive controler so I could only imagine 150 shot at 3k.

This was all done on all season street tires with no adjustment to PSI. First pass time I did spin the tires to clean them off (not a burn out in anyway) and second pass I did a little less of "clean off" so the less warm up with street tires the car liked it more.

Moral of the story...get tires. Left after the last run but headed back again this weekend. I have M/T cheater slicks just gotta get 15" x 8" rims this upcoming week for them so I don't know if I'll have them ready to go this weekend. I'm gonig to get to the track a little earlier to make some adj like PSI and what not to see if I can get my garbage @$$ 60ft down. I didn't do any N/A runs so I need to play with that too.

Denchan I'm still game for the Rock in November 9th and I'll def have my slick mounted up and ready to go by then...I don't know if I'll get my car to Hill's before then to resolve the fuel issue but she feels GREAT
Old 10-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Trap speed seems way low, what was the trap on the other runs? You should be close to 115mph if you are hitting it with that much juice.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:03 AM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by Italianjoe1
Trap speed seems way low, what was the trap on the other runs? You should be close to 115mph if you are hitting it with that much juice.
Well I made it back this wekeend, topped the bottles off and hit it hard. Lowered tire pressure to 24 psi for that seemed to work best. Launch more than 4k in 1st and blow the tires off. I can't hit 2nd at full throttle or else the tires come loose again. I'll attatch my 3 fastest. Still waiting to get rims for my cheater slicks too see what she's really got but I'm getting faster that's what matters...to me atleast.

I think denchan might meet up a VMP with a set of slicks this Friday so hopefully I can stop posting stock HR times lol

Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 AM
HarleyDobbs

Rims ordered and will be here tomorrow night for cheater slicks mount up and racing Friday.