Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Let the fun begin

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:39 AM
C5_vette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyDobbs
Should I add you to the list with the others that will back down when I challenge them? 2004BlackZ did...you gonna be a scared little b!tch like him?
Are you seriously calling people out before your car is even finished? come on man, show some tact.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:27 AM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by C5_vette
Are you seriously calling people out before your car is even finished? come on man, show some tact.
I said I would take them on as the car sits if you read the prior posts...MD TDX2, Injen, Clutch and no tune ;-) Car isn't apart yet cus in another post I said I was picking it up for the week. Don't call me out I won't call you out, not saying that you are but I'm not internet gangsta like most people on here as you can see and I WILL back up my talk in person.

I spoke with Hills a few min ago and I'm on the schedule for all next week. The car was just sitting there before but as long as they are working on it, delivery after the 30th Is fine...just can't take it just sitting idle which they understood.

Be back next week...
Old 08-14-2013, 08:39 AM
C5_vette

I said I would take them on as the car sits if you read the prior posts...MD TDX2, Injen, Clutch and no tune ;-) Car isn't apart yet cus in another post I said I was picking it up for the week. Don't call me out I won't call you out, not saying that you are but I'm not internet gangsta like most people on here as you can see and I WILL back up my talk in person.

I spoke with Hills a few min ago and I'm on the schedule for all next week. The car was just sitting there before but as long as they are working on it, delivery after the 30th Is fine...just can't take it just sitting idle which they understood.

Be back next week...
Actually no one has seen you back up anything.... honestly your posts are coming off a bit like a brat ( like I mentioned no tact)... what has your car run with it's current set up?

Good luck with getting your car back, sounds like Hills will take care of it, post up some times once you get it out to the track.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:53 AM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by C5_vette
Actually no one has seen you back up anything.... honestly your posts are coming off a bit like a brat ( like I mentioned no tact)... what has your car run with it's current set up?

Good luck with getting your car back, sounds like Hills will take care of it, post up some times once you get it out to the track.
Lets agree to diagree here buddy. I gave on dude the chance to name the terms and he backed down so no one has give me the opportunity to back it up. Read mine a 2004blackz little spat and you can see I clearly gave him the space and opportunity to back up his trash talk. Only ran it with the injen intake and no tune 13.65 street tires. This was last year june at Capitol raceway.

If I get it the 30th ill be at the track that night if not for sure the next day. Not building a dyno queen
Old 08-14-2013, 09:10 AM
C5_vette

Lets agree to diagree here buddy. I gave on dude the chance to name the terms and he backed down so no one has give me the opportunity to back it up. Read mine a 2004blackz little spat and you can see I clearly gave him the space and opportunity to back up his trash talk. Only ran it with the injen intake and no tune 13.65 street tires. This was last year june at Capitol raceway.

If I get it the 30th ill be at the track that night if not for sure the next day. Not building a dyno queen
In for times.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:45 PM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car done yet? I saw it last week the 2 bottles and fuel pump was installed.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:16 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In for video
Old 09-02-2013, 04:04 PM
HarleyDobbs

Should be done by the end of the week. They told me Frank was on it Saturday and today. All that was left was running the plumbing up front, wideband for the lean shut down switch and tune. I'll be coming up the night before to get the bottles filled and tune so I'll def let you know when I have an exact date and time of everything.

I'll def post of videos of both dyno and track.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:14 PM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool he had started the car for me after he installed your fuel pump. I wanted to see how loud your pump was compared to my walbro.

Looks good with the 2 bottles in the back.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:24 PM
HarleyDobbs

SHOUT OUT TO HILLS GARAGE!!!

Picked the car up Wed afternoon. Many many hours in this build! Came out flawless and then some. Took so long because of all the custom hard line bends and wiring but in the end some times you have to wait for great work! If the numbers come out half as good as the install did...should be in good shape to get my buddy in his 2013 Boss 302! Everything is installed but tune is set for Sept 28th. Here's some pics in the mean time.

Last edited by HarleyDobbs; 09-15-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:48 PM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

That's a ton of hardware for that direct port but it looks good. Lines look long leading into the distribution blocks, hopefully there's not a lot of lean spike. In for dyno/track results.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:53 PM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by Italianjoe1
That's a ton of hardware for that direct port but it looks good. Lines look long leading into the distribution blocks, hopefully there's not a lot of lean spike. In for dyno/track results.
Yeah but there is very little room ro run hard lines so there had to be a lot of bends. Most of the line are within 1 inch of equal length. Problem builder had was the inlet there the hard lines go into the nozzles has minimal space before it ran into a fuel rail or injector. So yeah...many many hours as I said lol
Old 09-15-2013, 04:24 PM
kellam

Looks cool. I may have missed in earlier post but why 2 bottles?

Would love to see this in person.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:12 PM
chinkymrsettles

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's coming along. Ready to see some numbers.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah but there is very little room ro run hard lines so there had to be a lot of bends. Most of the line are within 1 inch of equal length. Problem builder had was the inlet there the hard lines go into the nozzles has minimal space before it ran into a fuel rail or injector. So yeah...many many hours as I said lol
Not talking about the outlet lines really, but the distance from the solenoids to the actual distribution blocks and then the lines, it's kinda long. Nitrous at 1000psi moves through quite quickly but fuel at under 60psi takes noticeably more time, enough that you can get a pretty good lean spike on activation. Just a thought.

I love the look though, I need to get started on mine, I have the spare manifold and most of the parts. I don't know what I will do for distribution blocks though, I need something simpler than yours.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:40 AM
kellam

Originally Posted by Italianjoe1
Not talking about the outlet lines really, but the distance from the solenoids to the actual distribution blocks and then the lines, it's kinda long. Nitrous at 1000psi moves through quite quickly but fuel at under 60psi takes noticeably more time, enough that you can get a pretty good lean spike on activation. Just a thought.

I love the look though, I need to get started on mine, I have the spare manifold and most of the parts. I don't know what I will do for distribution blocks though, I need something simpler than yours.
X2 on this. although i dont think there will be a lean spike. i imagine the tune will cover any possibility of that happening. i think there may be better/different options for routing. i dont think this layout has been tackled before and is very interesting. i believe this will work and be a very good setup.

it looks like alot of this will hide under the plenum which it pretty cool too. intrested to see how this fairs up after the tune. and still would love to see this in person.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Old Rice

Okay no dreamer thread you proved me wrong...so what nitrous and fuel pills per cylinder? Also where are those jets..at the nozzle or blocks? Looks like a beetoch to swap up jets if wanted.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:23 AM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by kellam
Looks cool. I may have missed in earlier post but why 2 bottles?

Would love to see this in person.
Single bottle with 150 shot direct port will go very quick and the two bottles looks pretty intimidating and cool. I'll be at Hill's on the 28th @ Noon for the tune and you can come check it out then if you like.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:32 AM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by Old Rice
Okay no dreamer thread you proved me wrong...so what nitrous and fuel pills per cylinder? Also where are those jets..at the nozzle or blocks? Looks like a beetoch to swap up jets if wanted.
We had to use a mixture of DynoTune's "Tomahawk" and Regular "Y" style fogger nozzles because of minimal clearence due to running the hard lines. I'm not home to tell you the exact pills are the regular nozzles but when I get back next Friday I can tell you. The pills are right at the nozzle rather than the distribution block. The nozzles will flwo up to 190hp EACH...so theoretically that's 190 per cylinder which is well over 1000 hp...so the power is all there just a matter of changing jets/pills.

I would imagine if the Jenvey ITB kit was used all Y style foggers could be used. But since this has never been done before or at least there wasn't any one we could find that has hard lines to consult with on the set up and line routing itself, we did what we could.

Ask Frank...it was a PITA to get done but it's done and the 28th will be the day of truth and I can't WAIT!!!!

Last edited by HarleyDobbs; 09-26-2013 at 05:48 AM. Reason: correcting information
Old 09-18-2013, 10:27 AM
kellam

ill stop by on the 28th.

Quick Reply: Let the fun begin