Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:30 PM
blueper4mancez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is what you need for downpipes .
http://www.forgedperformance.com/sto...cat=258&page=1
this is the exhaust you need .
http://www.forgedperformance.com/sto...cat=258&page=1
you could get them below retail , call them and tell them that billy sent ya .
gonna sounds kickass with those 3 downpipes and open dumps .
Old 04-12-2008, 05:05 PM
AznSky

Here's a picture of her right after we finished the deal.

Now she's sitting in my garage all polished and waxed

Old 04-12-2008, 05:08 PM
BootzG35TT

Thanks Billy
I just heard the APS exhaust sound it has a nice tone. Now i just need to sell my exhaust system haha
Should i do cams as well?? I was thinking about buying JWT cams

Last edited by BootzG35TT; 04-12-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:12 PM
slowish350z

Originally Posted by AznSky

Thats sexy as hell lol
Old 04-13-2008, 05:35 AM
blueper4mancez

yeah neil yuo should do cams , here i'll start the list for you to able to reach 600whp
jwt cams ,springs
3" downpipes 3" exhaust
750 injectors , hks fcon v-pro or haltech (utec is not good for 600hp)
cjm stge 2 fuel return system , walbro 255lhp pump , you gonna have to run menthanol injection to able to reach 600whp , but on a dynapack i think you cuold hit 600 without methanol , but's that not real horsepower .
Old 04-13-2008, 06:00 AM
Shiawase

Looking great there.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Jonny Boy

This week looks great to meet up. Congrats on the car, looks really good.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Jonny Boy

Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
yeah neil yuo should do cams , here i'll start the list for you to able to reach 600whp
jwt cams ,springs
3" downpipes 3" exhaust
cjm stge 2 fuel return system , walbro 255lhp pump , you gonna have to run menthanol injection to able to reach 600whp , but on a dynapack i think you cuold hit 600 without methanol , but's that not real horsepower .
Neil - I would do everything Billy mention with one exception. Get HKS 1000cc low impedance injectors. Yes they do cost more, but I have been hearing a lot of problems with the RC injectors. Causes the car not to start, and they are always delivering way to much fuel unless your WOT.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:41 AM
BootzG35TT

jwt cams ,springs
3" downpipes 3" exhaust
I wish i knew about this forum earlier. I bought the Utec alrdy like 3 weeks ago i didnt open it yet do you think i could return it to SPG racing n exchange for the HKS fcon V-pro and pay the price difference(that was a dumb question hah)? Thank you Billy and Jonny Boy for helping me, emotional moments *sniff*. Im stressing about who going to Tune my car now the biggest problem is that i cant afford sending my car to a different state to tune it haha (not enough cash). This is bad!
Hey Billy im going to call you at 3pm once i get off from work is it okay?

Forgive me for my gammar errors or speling errors.......

Last edited by BootzG35TT; 04-13-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Jonny Boy

Neil - Actually I am pretty sure SGP racing would let you return it if you upgraded to something else. Just explain your reasoning and tell the you didnt open it. I am sure they will let you pay the difference. You can drive the car down to a couple different places if you stay out of boost and you should be fine.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Yancy

Originally Posted by BootzG35TT
I wish i knew about this forum earlier. I bought the Utec alrdy like 3 weeks ago i didnt open it yet do you think i could return it to SPG racing n exchange for the HKS fcon V-pro and pay the price difference(that was a dumb question hah)? Thank you Billy and Jonny Boy for helping me, emotional moments *sniff*. Im stressing about who going to Tune my car now the biggest problem is that i cant afford sending my car to a different state to tune it haha (not enough cash). This is bad!
Hey Billy im going to call you at 3pm once i get off from work is it okay?

Forgive me for my gammar errors or speling errors.......
I just caught some of your posts. From the looks of things, you're looking to achieve 600 rwhp? Honestly, the Utec isn't going to be your biggest problem if your engine, heads, cams, exhaust won't flow enough air or your fuel system can't supply enough fuel to make the power goal. Simply adding forged pistons and rods and throwing the Greddy TT kit on is not going to get you 600 rwhp (unless you're on a dynojet or dynopak).

As billy said, you definately need 3 inch exhaust, no cats, wastegate dumps. The standard AAM fuel return kit with the walbro 255 pump is good enough for 600 rwhp fuel delivery. Either 750cc or 1000cc injectors will be needed. I can't stress the following enough - your heads need to flow MORE air than they currently do to make the power goal. I told Dil the same thing, but he chose not to listen. You're going to need an agressive race port and polish, with cams, springs/shims, and a 3 or 5 angle valve job to get more air into the engine to allow the big power to be made. In my opinion only, Meth is over hyped and can't make up for some good head work.

Aside from the engine, you're obviously going to need a heavy duty clutch/flywheel package to handle the power. Probably need a host of other things to keep the power from finding and breaking the weakest link in the drive train. Anyway, just my 2 cents (so to ramble on). Here is a list of my mods that made it possible to reach over 600 rwhp on Sharif's heartbreak dyno followed by my dyno chart:

Engine Re-Built by Forged Performance in Marietta Georgia (June 2007) - Darton Modular Sleeved Block - Weisco Forged Pistons 8.8:1 Compression .020 over - Ceramic Coating on piston skirts and tops - Eagle Forged Rods with ARP rod bolts - ARP main studs - L19 head studs - Race Ported, polished, and matched heads - HKS Head Gasgets - Crawford Intake Plenum - 5 angle valve job - JWT S1 cams - JWT heavy duty valve springs - Stainless AAM return fuel system with rising rate fuel pressure regulator and Walbro 255lph pump - RC 1000cc injectors - AAM oil pan spacer with Stainless Steel Oil Return Lines - Nismo Low Temp Thermostat - Koyo Radiator and collant by-pass mod - Greddy Oil Catch Can - SVRT Dual 3 inch exhaust with Wastegate Dumps - Greddy Twin Turbos - 2 TD05-18G turbos - Greddy intercooler - Greddy E-01 Electronic Boost Controller - ECU reflashed by Technosquare - HKS F-Con with all the bells and whistles - Greddy Boost, Oil Temp and Exhaust Temp guages - Turbo XS RFL blow off valve; - ATS triple disc Carbon Clutch with 1350 pressure plate - Z1 Motorsports stainless steel clutch line - ATS Carbon LSD - Draft Shaft Shop Stage II ½ axles (probably forgetting some things ).
Attached Thumbnails Detroit Area Z List part 3-a.jpg  
Old 04-13-2008, 11:55 AM
BootzG35TT

Originally Posted by Yancy
I just caught some of your posts. From the looks of things, you're looking to achieve 600 rwhp? Honestly, the Utec isn't going to be your biggest problem if your engine, heads, cams, exhaust won't flow enough air or your fuel system can't supply enough fuel to make the power goal. Simply adding forged pistons and rods and throwing the Greddy TT kit on is not going to get you 600 rwhp (unless you're on a dynojet or dynopak).

As billy said, you definately need 3 inch exhaust, no cats, wastegate dumps. The standard AAM fuel return kit with the walbro 255 pump is good enough for 600 rwhp fuel delivery. Either 750cc or 1000cc injectors will be needed. I can't stress the following enough - your heads need to flow MORE air than they currently do to make the power goal. I told Dil the same thing, but he chose not to listen. You're going to need an agressive race port and polish, with cams, springs/shims, and a 3 or 5 angle valve job to get more air into the engine to allow the big power to be made. In my opinion only, Meth is over hyped and can't make up for some good head work.

Aside from the engine, you're obviously going to need a heavy duty clutch/flywheel package to handle the power. Probably need a host of other things to keep the power from finding and breaking the weakest link in the drive train. Anyway, just my 2 cents (so to ramble on). Here is a list of my mods that made it possible to reach over 600 rwhp on Sharif's heartbreak dyno followed by my dyno chart:

Engine Re-Built by Forged Performance in Marietta Georgia (June 2007) - Darton Modular Sleeved Block - Weisco Forged Pistons 8.8:1 Compression .020 over - Ceramic Coating on piston skirts and tops - Eagle Forged Rods with ARP rod bolts - ARP main studs - L19 head studs - Race Ported, polished, and matched heads - HKS Head Gasgets - Crawford Intake Plenum - 5 angle valve job - JWT S1 cams - JWT heavy duty valve springs - Stainless AAM return fuel system with rising rate fuel pressure regulator and Walbro 255lph pump - RC 1000cc injectors - AAM oil pan spacer with Stainless Steel Oil Return Lines - Nismo Low Temp Thermostat - Koyo Radiator and collant by-pass mod - Greddy Oil Catch Can - SVRT Dual 3 inch exhaust with Wastegate Dumps - Greddy Twin Turbos - 2 TD05-18G turbos - Greddy intercooler - Greddy E-01 Electronic Boost Controller - ECU reflashed by Technosquare - HKS F-Con with all the bells and whistles - Greddy Boost, Oil Temp and Exhaust Temp guages - Turbo XS RFL blow off valve; - ATS triple disc Carbon Clutch with 1350 pressure plate - Z1 Motorsports stainless steel clutch line - ATS Carbon LSD - Draft Shaft Shop Stage II ½ axles (probably forgetting some things ).
^ How much that?
Old 04-13-2008, 12:15 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jwt cams ,springs
3" downpipes 3" exhaust
Billy come half of this is not ture...

PORT YOUR HEADS

RC 750cc injectors are garbage... alot of problems.

Utec is more than enough for 600 whp, many people are running it around here with no problems. It just depends on how it is tuned. The UTEC is a great ems, only thing negative about it is our change of seasons... messes up the tune. Just get retuned.

No need for a CJM stage two fuel system.. just waste of $$$. CJM stage one is more than enough with a single walboro,

No need for methanol..... There are pleanty of pump gas tunes out there that are making 600+, also just resort to race gas for added safety.

Just have them make the correction on the dynapack.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:21 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Yancy]

I can't stress the following enough - your heads need to flow MORE air than they currently do to make the power goal. I told Dil the same thing, but he chose not to listen. You're going to need an agressive race port and polish, with cams, springs/shims, and a 3 or 5 angle valve job to get more air into the engine to allow the big power to be made. In my opinion only, Meth is over hyped and can't make up for some good head work.

QUOTE]

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT... meth is not a replacement for heads... its just to lean out your tune to produce more power... plus it keeps your heads clean. It is not a comprasion for ported heads. Ported heads are a MUST HAVE.

I would have ported my heads but ran out of cash....

Boosted if you want that setup your looking at $20k or more in parts.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:24 PM
BootzG35TT

[QUOTE=D350Z10]
Originally Posted by Yancy

I can't stress the following enough - your heads need to flow MORE air than they currently do to make the power goal. I told Dil the same thing, but he chose not to listen. You're going to need an agressive race port and polish, with cams, springs/shims, and a 3 or 5 angle valve job to get more air into the engine to allow the big power to be made. In my opinion only, Meth is over hyped and can't make up for some good head work.

QUOTE]

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT... meth is not a replacement for heads... its just to lean out your tune to produce more power... plus it keeps your heads clean. It is not a comprasion for ported heads. Ported heads are a MUST HAVE.

I would have ported my heads but ran out of cash....

Boosted if you want that setup your looking at $20k or more in parts.
D350Z10 i justed PM you.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Yancy

Originally Posted by BootzG35TT
^ How much that?
To tell you the truth................too much. I would never do it all over again, but I sorta have an addiction to modding cars PM me with any questions, but the sleeved/race ported motor with twin turbos, greddy gauges, boost controller alone (without labor) was very close to what Dil said (oh, and this doesn't count the 2 times my motor had to be pulled and broke down ) - not to mention all the other things needed to support the motor (suspension, BBK, carbon dif, 1/2 axles, etc.). Hind sight is 20/20, but I should have left the stock motor with TT kit and been happy with 440 rwhp. Unfortunately, Dil and I both know that the more you do to your car........the more chance something is going to go wrong (and when it does......it costs a **** load to deal with). If I were you, i would shoot for a more conservative tune between 480-525 because that's more than enough for the street and the car will be fast as hell.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:56 PM
blueper4mancez

i talked to neil today , he decided he's gonna do the stock block for now , since what we all brought down to him how much it is going to cost for 600whp . he's definitely holding it back , which i think it's awesome . so we have two 600+ whp z and two 400 whp z and g . ohh yeah i did told him anything over 500 on the street is pretty crazy .
Old 04-14-2008, 02:45 AM
Datona Jess

Holy Twin Turbo batman!

OK, well now I know entirely too much about Twin turbo systems ..hahah

Rob-Car looks awesome, glad you love it. Can't wait to see it here soon.

John-I am down to help this weekend weather pending. Did you get foam for the evap relocating can? Ask Maher...you need it or you'll hate life trust me.

Neil-hope to meet you soon, sounds like your gonna make a hell of a car.

-AJ
Old 04-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Jonny Boy

I have not picked up the foam yet, but I will soon. I am once again trying to get into the garage, only downfall to getting into the garage is I can only have one or two more people.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:26 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default damaged work wheel update

Well, They offered to repair all of my wheels. They'll send them off to a local repair place (Alloy Wheel Repair) strip off the powdercoat, repair (if needed) and re-powdercoat. I'm not thrilled with this idea, however, I feel I have to give them the chance. I think if this did go to court now, the judge would side in their favor - since they have offered to repair.

Now, if the wheels come back from repair looking anything less than perfect - I can pursue other options with extreme confidence. Unfortunately this just means more time without the wheels on my car. Wish me luck. I'm dropping them off tomorrow.

Last edited by thekinn; 04-14-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3