Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 AM
shifty711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D350Z10
Looks like I found my self a new set of wheels
Dick!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:48 AM
AznSky

ok so nobody will answer my question:

I need to know if this setup will work on STOCK SUSPENSION for right now. Will be lowered in the near future

I plan on going 275/35's all around on 18x9.5 +20 wheel. I know i'll be fine in the back, but wanted to make sure if I'll rub or not in the front under hard cornering at the track
Old 05-13-2008, 04:17 AM
shifty711

Originally Posted by AznSky

I need to know if this setup will work on STOCK SUSPENSION for right now. Will be lowered in the near future

I plan on going 275/35's all around on 18x9.5 +20 wheel. I know i'll be fine in the back, but wanted to make sure if I'll rub or not in the front under hard cornering at the track

I have no idea, you might want to ask people in the wheels forum.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:29 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

None of you guys would happen to have the 3.9 final drive, and or Nismo LSD on your cars do you? I'm looking at a good deal on the LSD, and I want to do the final drive at some point this summer. I'm just trying to find a car that maybe has the set up on it. If anyone has even had either of those in the past, please get at me about it.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:33 AM
cturnbull802

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

/\ i am getting the 4.083, just going to stick with the stock VLSD in mine
Old 05-13-2008, 07:39 AM
blueper4mancez

mike just go with iforged . gotta have the bling mang . search for paulgt2 , he has some special with iforged rith now , for your application i would go with 19x8.5 or 9 all around , as for tires 255 35 19 . i think the offset for your audi would be around 38 mm .
http://classifieds.audiworld.com/
they got some iforged for a good price in there you might want to pm the person .

Last edited by blueper4mancez; 05-13-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:49 AM
blueper4mancez

you'll be ok with that set up , if i were you i would go with 265 up front to keep the stagger fitment tcs happy too . 265 is alot of rubber up front . more than enough .
Old 05-13-2008, 07:58 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

Originally Posted by cturnbull802
/\ i am getting the 4.083, just going to stick with the stock VLSD in mine
I have a base model.....no VLSD for me. I'm a little concerned about taking the plunge on the 4.083, because it's my every day car except for during the winter, and I do a decent amount of freeway driving. I just don't want to have the gas mileage go completely down the toilet. I figure the 3.9 will still be fun though. While I'm asking questions anyways, does anyone have a recomendation as to a shop that you trust that can do the final drive swap for me when I do it?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonny Boy
Steve....Since you didnt go to the bbq, I want to hear about your track day. Whats the latest news on your rims/tires?
No update on my wheels. I'm very busy this week, so I don't think anything is going to happen until next week. The said they were going to make repair attempt #2 and have a wheel for me to look at Monday 5/12 - it wasn't ready. I don't think I need to tell you guys where this is going next...

OTD at Waterford was awesome - as usual. I experienced my first off-track incident on the first run. Entirely my fault.. I was trying to drive beyond my skill level - and I f--ked up...horribly. I missed my revmatch on a downshift.. at the beginning of a turn.. and I shifted anyways.. backend swung out, went off on the inside of the track, kicked up dirt everywhere and scared the S**T out of me. After that, no more funny stuff, I settled down and kept my focus on trying to stay smooth..instead of trying to heel-toe and get fancy. A harsh reminder that I am a friggin noob novice and I need to drive like one. My car is fine. It just got dirty.

Could have been much worse. A subaru went off in the long straight - to the outside of the track.. which is a wall.. completely f--ked up the front and passenger side of his ride... broke a few spokes on one of his Advans - that's how hard he hit.. that's a tough lesson.

I was recording (in-car) the whole day. Got a good shot of a camaro or firebird going off the track right in front of me.. that was pretty freaky too. As the announcer stated..."Lot's of bad driving going on out there.."

Last edited by thekinn; 05-13-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Jonny Boy

Glad to hear you are ok and the car is not damaged. I definatly want to see you post up those vids.

Sorry to hear about the wheels once again. You definatly deserve new ones, and some compensation for all the crap you have had to deal with!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:01 AM
Datona Jess

Steve
Glad you ended up ok out there. But you did the right thing, you have to push yourself little by little or you'll never get better. Scaring the $hit out of yourself is important.

Mike K- those are bad @$$ wheels man! A bit unreasonable pricewise though.

Ian-the difference between 3.90 and 4.10 is not going to be that much
Rather then 70 at 3k it will be 67. Its up to you though

Rob your car is going to look great with that much rubber under it. Can't wait to see it!

Again it was awesome to see everyone at the BBQ we need to meetup more often it was so much fun!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:03 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
Ian-the difference between 3.90 and 4.10 is not going to be that much
Rather then 70 at 3k it will be 67. Its up to you though
Yah, that's what I'm gathering from reading reviews of them. I really want to ride in someone's car with one of the setups though. I don't want to get the 3.90 and wish I went with the 4.10, or vice versa. I'm guessing by the lack of responses about it though, that no one is running a different final drive around here?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:11 PM
blueper4mancez

guys i'm selling my hks hipower . 800 bucks take it .
Old 05-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Jonny Boy

Billy - Here we go again. lol j/k. Hope you can sell it soon. Thats a pretty good price. So what exhaust are you going to use to replace it. EVO TT!!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:39 PM
blueper4mancez

i don't know yet john . no evott though .
Old 05-18-2008, 06:34 AM
zeeanswer

Originally Posted by thekinn
No update on my wheels...

OTD at Waterford was awesome - as usual...

I was recording (in-car) the whole day. Got a good shot of a camaro or firebird going off the track right in front of me.. that was pretty freaky too. As the announcer stated..."Lot's of bad driving going on out there.."
How's it going Steve? I have been reading about your Wheel situation. I hope things get resolved for you soon. It hurts to spend that kind of money and have things get effed up.

Have you posted any pics/video of the May track day yet? I was vacationing in Florida that week and could not make it. I am signed up for the June 7th event though. I noticed I was the only Z! What's up with that? Do you plan on attending the June event?
Old 05-18-2008, 02:37 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default 5-10-08 OTD video

I can not make it to the June OTD. I'm getting my engine replaced after the Memorial Day HPDE @ Gingerman...so I'll need time to break in the new engine.

I do not want to post this video on YouTube - I'll just share a link with you guys. The file is a little less than 10mb .Windows Media Video. So if it takes a few minutes after you click on the link - it is downloading in order to play. It shows 2 laps, one good lap with some good shifting and a pass. The second lap is more exciting. Keep in mind that you can only pass cars when they point you by (or when they spin off the track, as demonstrated).

My mistakes are right at the end - 1. I didn't complete my shift before the turn. 2. I shifted (or let go of the clutch) after I began the turn. 3. I didn't rev-match the shift. Enjoy..

http://www.hiap.com/5-10-selection-hq.wmv
Old 05-18-2008, 04:40 PM
AznSky

very cool vid steve. One word....TREE!!! haha, looked pretty scary.

Have you ever been to a driving school at waterford? reason I ask is because your lines are pretty different compared to the ones they were teaching me to take. Your apex points seemed to be really early. Maybe I like to late apex.....

Zeeanswer, I'll be signing up for the June 6th BMW Driving school at waterford if you're interested. Don't feel confident enough for OTD's yet.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Shiawase

very cool vid steve. One word....TREE!!! haha, looked pretty scary.

Have you ever been to a driving school at waterford? reason I ask is because your lines are pretty different compared to the ones they were teaching me to take. Your apex points seemed to be really early. Maybe I like to late apex.....

Zeeanswer, I'll be signing up for the June 6th BMW Driving school at waterford if you're interested. Don't feel confident enough for OTD's yet.
heh, that was the first thing I noticed "Grass grass... TREE." That would scare the crap out of me.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:05 PM
StacZsBF

ok, I really want to make it to the track now. i've just recently done a stock dyno and a few 1/4 mile runs to see what I can do w/out adding anything to the car yet. I hope to get the hi-flo cats and then a plenum spacer by the end of the summer and see how the car feels after that. How much was it to run at the track?

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3