Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 09:41 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonny Boy
Is anyone going out tonight, I was thinking about going to woodward if I can get my suspension to stop squeaking.
If I can get out of work at a reasonable time tonight, I'm sure I'll be out on Woodward. Hopefully by 10ish. I'll probably be at Street Legal when I get off tonight, so hopefully I'll run into some of you.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Yancy

Default Hmm.

Finally broke down and picked up a new DD. 20 inch Gloss Black Volk GT30's and Tein springs on the way from Forged Performance. Tint going on next Saturday and Bat overlays should arrive next week as well. I'm leaving the engine and mechanics of this car alone.......................well, maybe..........
Attached Thumbnails Detroit Area Z List part 3-dsc_1807.jpg   Detroit Area Z List part 3-4.jpg   Detroit Area Z List part 3-3.jpg  
Old 06-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Jonny Boy

Yancy - Damn that thing looks nice. I love those cars. I will admit I am only a lot jelous.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:32 PM
blueper4mancez

damnn shawn , hks tt that hr motor will be a sick daily driver .
Old 06-09-2008, 05:44 AM
Datona Jess

Damn Yancy, that is a gorgeous car man!
Hell of a DD you got there!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:20 PM
MikeNT256

What's up everyone? Haven't talked with you all in a while! Any new car meets comin up soon? I'd love to bring out the ms3!

We're shopping for a new car right now for my gf, something under $20k. Right now all we've got to look at that is practical and somewhat decent for the price is the Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe refreshed models. Also possible is the Nissan Sentra, VW Jetta, and hell.. I don't know what else would be a good buy.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Shiawase

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
What's up everyone? Haven't talked with you all in a while! Any new car meets comin up soon? I'd love to bring out the ms3!

We're shopping for a new car right now for my gf, something under $20k. Right now all we've got to look at that is practical and somewhat decent for the price is the Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe refreshed models. Also possible is the Nissan Sentra, VW Jetta, and hell.. I don't know what else would be a good buy.

Any suggestions?
There's the VW Rabbit, Impreza, Civic Si, or maybe the Scion tC.

She could get a plain ol' Mazda 3 too
Old 06-10-2008, 05:04 AM
MikeNT256

Well the problem is she can't drive a stick otherwise we could get her a sweet car! I wouldnt mind a regular Mazda 3 but I think it would be sort of silly for both of us to have smaller cars. She likes to visit with her family and take her 2 brothers and 1 sister out sometimes. The 3 is almost no bigger than her Cavi. Plus once we buy a house she is going to want to get outdoor supplies and flowers to plant and I'll be damned if my precious speed3 turns into the family "SUV". If we can get a mazda 3 loaded instead of a cheaper base car, then we may do that also.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:37 AM
blueper4mancez

hy exhaust stuff forsale ,https://my350z.com/forum/exhaust/365410-fs-hks-exhaust-aam-test-pipes-loooookk.html
i could do a better deal with local buyers.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:18 PM
07pearlwhiteZ

Was the silver Z I waved to on Woodward around 9:30ish tonight anyone on here? Appeared to have stock wheels, w/HKS exhaust(maybe X02, it was hard to tell). Didn't have any other visable mods though. Haha, I just appreciated having another random Z driver wave back at me instead of ignoring me like I'm crazy for waving to a fellow owner. Sometimes I forget I don't drive a Subaru still, where you can just wave to almost any Subaru owner on the road, and they'll wave back.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:22 PM
shifty711

Why does ford US suck?

Why can't we have these toys here?

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.aspx
Old 06-11-2008, 02:54 AM
Jonny Boy

I started a new thread for the Dragstrip event at Milan. Check it out in the north central section.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:24 AM
MikeNT256

Spotted a silver Z with a Z license plate bracket, driving down Wayne Road yesturday, pulled into a Citgo gas station in westland. Anyone on here? It looked like an older guy.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 AM
driftmc

Just thought I'd say hi, been back in town for about half an year and picked up a car, and now driving an 03' Z har har
anyways...been reading a bit through this forum and seems like woodward is still strong as ever! I remember it was a place to go 5 years ago.
Wonder where on Woodward that you guys go to?
& is it still only Friday nights when the sun's still out(eh...dusk-ish)?

Last edited by driftmc; 06-11-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:08 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

Originally Posted by driftmc
Just thought I'd say hi, been back in town for about half an year and picked up a car, and now driving an 03' Z har har
anyways...been reading a bit through this forum and seems like woodward is still strong as ever! I remember it was a place to go 5 years ago.
Wonder where on Woodward that you guys go to?
& is it still only Friday nights when the sun's still out(eh...dusk-ish)?
Everywhere on Woodward has pretty much kicked out people with there cars, with the exception of a couple of the muscle/American car hang outs, and for us, Street Legal Customs. Not sure if you're familiar, but it's just north of 11, on the east side of the street across from Westborn market. Woodward unfortunately seems to have died down noticeably from last year though(or so it seems to me). People are out on friday and saturday though, sometimes there's a little group left out there even as late as a little after midnight.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:02 AM
driftmc

Originally Posted by 07pearlwhiteZ
Everywhere on Woodward has pretty much kicked out people with there cars, with the exception of a couple of the muscle/American car hang outs, and for us, Street Legal Customs. Not sure if you're familiar, but it's just north of 11, on the east side of the street across from Westborn market. Woodward unfortunately seems to have died down noticeably from last year though(or so it seems to me). People are out on friday and saturday though, sometimes there's a little group left out there even as late as a little after midnight.
Ah, got it! Thanks. I'll be sure to check it out this Friday.
Last friday I was just driving by on Woodward, saw a bunch of VWs together and then a whole lot of muscle cars at this Sunoco gas station. Caught a couple bikes racing and I thought "still goin strong..."

Does anyone know about 11 mile and Inkster? Is that still alive? That big parking lot behind 7-11 used to be a Friday hang out too so, eh just thought I'd ask.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Shiawase

Originally Posted by driftmc
Ah, got it! Thanks. I'll be sure to check it out this Friday.
Last friday I was just driving by on Woodward, saw a bunch of VWs together and then a whole lot of muscle cars at this Sunoco gas station. Caught a couple bikes racing and I thought "still goin strong..."

Does anyone know about 11 mile and Inkster? Is that still alive? That big parking lot behind 7-11 used to be a Friday hang out too so, eh just thought I'd ask.
I looked over on the XceedSpeed Forum and it looks like every Friday people are gathering there again. I might swing by after work since I work right at 10 and Telegraph.

Last edited by Shiawase; 06-11-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:31 PM
zeeanswer

Default Alignment??

Does anyone have any direct experience with any metro-detroit alignment shops? I have tried the typical local shops (tire shops, tuffy, etc). They always claimed my car was too low for their racks. Finally I found a place that would do it and I think they completely bullsh1tted me. They didn't show me any print outs of the specs when I asked for them. They acted like they had no idea what I was talking about.

My car is lowered on Tanabe GF210 springs. I just recently purchased the SPC rear camber kit. I am looking for a good shop that is going to be wiling to work with me. I want then to show me the print outs before thy do the alignment and after.

I am going through rear tires like mad. I love the look, but I want to get the rear camber dialed in. Does anyone have any suggestions for rear camber angles? I do 5 or so OTD's per year. So I am looking for a good balance between tire wear and handling.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 06-15-2008, 05:35 AM
Yancy

Monks in the Pontiac/Waterford area can take care of you with no problems. They're located on M59 west of Pontiac (but I believe before Waterford?) They installed by spc camber/toe kit years ago. They gave me the print out showing all the specs. I couldn't find a website for them though and don't have their number, sorry.

Originally Posted by zeeanswer
Does anyone have any direct experience with any metro-detroit alignment shops? I have tried the typical local shops (tire shops, tuffy, etc). They always claimed my car was too low for their racks. Finally I found a place that would do it and I think they completely bullsh1tted me. They didn't show me any print outs of the specs when I asked for them. They acted like they had no idea what I was talking about.

My car is lowered on Tanabe GF210 springs. I just recently purchased the SPC rear camber kit. I am looking for a good shop that is going to be wiling to work with me. I want then to show me the print outs before thy do the alignment and after.

I am going through rear tires like mad. I love the look, but I want to get the rear camber dialed in. Does anyone have any suggestions for rear camber angles? I do 5 or so OTD's per year. So I am looking for a good balance between tire wear and handling.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 06-15-2008, 06:42 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

Originally Posted by zeeanswer

Thanks,
Sean
Even though I am scared taking my car to the generic chain places, I have the exact same springs and camber kit, and I went to Belle Tire at 13/Woodward. They didn't have any problem getting it on the rack and they gave me a print out.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3